This forum is officially closed. It will however remain online and active in a limited form for the time being.

TdM Reading Group: iMoodyCrab reads for Dodalisque

iMoodyCrab
Seer

TdM Reading Group: iMoodyCrab reads for Dodalisque

Post by iMoodyCrab »

Hi Dodalisque,

Excited to read for you. If you would like me to focus on something specific whilst doing the below reading, please do let me know.

Just quoting the actual post for easy reference purposes. Hope that's OK.

I'll have your reading posted well ahead of deadline, be assured :)

Regards,
RS

Charlie Brown wrote: 03 Apr 2020, 18:27 20200403_114648.jpg

Sign-Up HERE. Partners will be assigned on the 10th.

This month, we'll tackle a full-deck version of the French Cross spread. I call this the Australian Cross because it appears in the LWB of "Granny Jones' Australian Tarot."

Also notice that the order of the card layout is different from most French Cross spreads. Here, the center card is card 1, not card 5.

Granny Jones' Australian Cross

1. a toi (to you) - things personal to you, happening now.

2. a la tete (at your head) - your thoughts, dreams and hopes.

3. aux pieds (at your feet) - things you least care about. You know they are there, but they are not a problem. Things past or already dealt with, or things you can afford to ignore.

4. a cote (by your side) - your support or opposition, depending on the cards.

5. ta surprise (your surprise) - things you least expect to happen.

Additionally, I sometimes draw extra cards at the corners in order to illustrate the relationships between the cards. For example, I may put a card in the Northwest corner, between cards 5 and 2 to show how this surprise event will affect how your dreams and hopes could manifest themselves. Or at the SE corner, between cards 3 and 4 to explore how the past and/or what you're ignoring will influence the present.
cloudberry
Seer

Re: TdM Reading Group: iMoodyCrab reads for Dodalisque

Post by cloudberry »

Yo
I am new to this site i i hope i do not offend anyone in further post

Hello. I was just wondering how things work
Can i do the themed reading by myself at home or is this spread only for you to give someone else a reading?'
best regards
/ cloudberry
dodalisque
Sage

Post by dodalisque »

cloudberry wrote: 11 Apr 2020, 08:51 Yo
I am new to this site i i hope i do not offend anyone in further post

Hello. I was just wondering how things work
Can i do the themed reading by myself at home or is this spread only for you to give someone else a reading?'
best regards
/ cloudberry
Hi Cloudberry, welcome to the site. It can be difficult to find your way around at first. I have been on the site for a year and still get confused sometimes. You have wandered into a reading that iMoodyCrab is doing for me this month in the Tarot de Marseilles (TdM) reading group for April. Each month we can sign up to do a reading for one other person, and for someone else to do one for us. People usually have about 10 days from the start of the month to say if they are interested in taking part. On about the 10th day of each month the person in charge of the TdM section - Charlie Brown - takes that list of names of people who have signed up and creates a list of partners. We then contact each other and either answer a question from them with the tarot or provide a question of our own for our partner to answer. Send a message to Charlie Brown if you want to do your own readings and he will give you more information.

That sounds a lot more complicated than it is, but once you have done it once or twice it is very simple. Where you are here right now is actually in the middle of a conversation between just iMoodyCrab and me. But don't worry about it. I'm sure you will figure things out quickly and everyone on this site is very easygoing and friendly. There are several reading groups to choose from each month, depending on the type of deck you like to use. If you tell me the name of your favorite reading deck or decks I can probably tell you the best place to go.

Joan Marie is the boss of the site and you can always ask her questions. There are some instructional videos somewhere about how to get around. If you would like to ask me for more information just reply here or, so as not to get our conversation mixed up with iMoodyCrab's reading for me, click on my name and send me a private message.

If you want to do readings on your own about your own subjects, you should open your own thread in a relevant part of the site. An example is in the TdM forum where Merrick is doing a series of readings by himself with the TdM pip cards. But usually we join one or more of the reading groups each month and work in pairs. You might like to look at the section of the site called Plato's Cave. There you can choose you own philosophical question and answer it yourself. Then if people are interested they will add comments and possibly start conversations about your reading. So to answer your question there are opportunities to do readings by yourself or to read for others or have a reading done for you. I hope I have not made things more confusing. If so, please send me a private message and I will try again.

By the way, even though iMoodyCrab is doing a reading for me, once he has finished, sometime before the end of the month, and we have talked about what he has said, other people who are following the reading will sometimes add comments of their own. But I find this does not happen very often. As in a real live face-to-face reading, it can be quite personal. But the readings are open, so everyone can see and comment on them if they want. Very personal observations in a reading can always be put in a private message (PM) to your reading partner.
dodalisque
Sage

Post by dodalisque »

Thank you for contacting me so soon. I usually leave things until very late in the month and then have to rush. I will let you decide which question you prefer to answer. I would be very happy to have a general reading about the current state of my life. This spread seems very well suited to that kind of reading. I am 65 and wondering what directions my life will take over the next few years. (Please don't draw the Death card! :lol: )

On the other hand, if you would prefer a smaller topic to read about: my wife and I live in a condominium. There are 60 other owners in our building.The owners voted a year ago to have very expensive changes made to the decks and balconies which we could barely afford. Now the Covid-19 pandemic has resulted in me losing my job and others in the building are also in financial difficulties that they could not have anticipated when they voted for the changes. I believe we should cancel the building renovations until we all know how badly the pandemic will affect everyone's personal finances and the world economy. But those owners, the wealthier ones, who have always been the most enthusiastic about the project and fear it may be cancelled forever if it does not happen now, are determined to collect our money and force the work to go ahead on schedule. The building is split in half about this. I would like the cards to tell me what will happen and who will win, or at least give me some insight into the psychology at play here.
iMoodyCrab
Seer

Post by iMoodyCrab »

Dear Dodalisque,

I'm so sorry you are in such a situation to begin with. That too at a time of near retirement. I will surely ask the cards about the second scenario and have a reading submitted to you by the days end tomorrow. Will do my very best to ensure the cards give you some guidance and insight into the situation.

Much love and regards.

Namaste
iMoodyCrab
Seer

Post by iMoodyCrab »

Dear Dodalisque,

Just dropping in a line of reassurance that I have done the reading for your, only need to draft my response. Unfortunately I am facing some internet issues hence the delay. Be assured, I'll have a response for you rather sooner than later.

Regards,
RS
iMoodyCrab
Seer

Post by iMoodyCrab »

Dear Dodalisque,

Apologies for any inconvenience caused due to the delay in my response. Below is your reading:

You – 5 of Wands
The number 5, in TdM, generally denotes conflicts and changes. You are currently going through a phase wherein everyone wants to be heard but does not know how to, causing nothing but a commotion.

It is a time of conflict, tension, and opposition. There is a constant discussion and/or debate, which can be useful if you speak as a group rather than an individual. You can benefit from creating a working group, committee or thinking about other people who will bring different views and experiences. You can consider this kind of debate and discussion as positive contributions to improve the relevance of your ideas and actions.

Head Space – 4 of Discs
The first words that pop-out are “practical person”. This card generally means that there may be a risk that you end up only valuing material wealth, becoming possessive and greedy by ensuring that no one else deprives you of it. This card indicates that you are in a position where you are financially stable and secure with solid investments. However, you are very protective of what you have accumulated over time, slowly & steadily. You increase your financial fund by saving money with safe investments.

Negligible – 6 of cups
Recognition & self-respect in the noblest sense!

On a subconscious level you want tend to reminiscence good memories of the past in these trying times. This is where you find your solace. You remember your childhood, or teenage years, or happier memories of your condo. A time when there was less conflict.

In the midst of change and crisis, this card means that considering what you have endured is a good way to make sure that, no matter what the next events, you will face and overcome them.

Support/Opposition – Knave of Wands
This card represents the sudden creative spark that may work against you, abruptly and unexpectedly, but brings you to the perilous path. Thus, the Knave encourages you to express yourself and manifest your individuality with an apparent lightness.

If there’s a committee meeting (as indicated by 5 of wands), ensure to speak your mind freely to avoid a burdening situation. If such a committee does not exist, then take the initiative to create one. This is being recommended by both the 5 & Knave of wands.

Surprise – Queen of Wands
The immediate thought that comes to mind, is that someone, most likely a female, will come to the rescue of this entire situation. It will be unexpected, but someone within your society will either pay for the whole renovation themselves or excuse some families from the obligation of paying right now, or at all.

She’ll be very influential, very well spoken, powerful in her position, and yet sweet & friendly. She’s the surprise factor in your situation. Someone who will be extremely understanding of the overall plight of all families, not just the “wealthy”.

Conclusion
There’s a lot of wands in this reading, a lot fire, change, passion. It makes sense since this reading is so personal.

Overall, you know where you stand with your financials, you aren’t broke, just practical with how you move your money. You want to ensure there’s sufficient to keep moving forward, and hence don’t necessarily think a renovation is required at this stage. Gathering the right number of people will ensure that your voices are heard. Take the initiative to form such a committee, if it does not already exist. Ensure to keep your arguments friendly and factual.

There’s a high probability that you will be heard and the decision will come in your favor. I can’t say when, but there’s someone who will support your decision. A female most likely who will help influence the others to see how much it’s affecting the rest of the society.

Hope the above reading is helpful.

Namaste
dodalisque
Sage

Post by dodalisque »

Well, this is a brave reading. Remarkably accurate and contains some very sensible advice for me too, as well as a potentially exciting prediction at the end.

5 of Wands: "Conflicts and changes": how true. The dispute I am involved in over an expensive construction project at our condo building is becoming very acrimonious. I am trying to stop the project. I am the shit-disturber here. I am the ring-leader. Over half the building - over 30 residents - have already moved out because they can't afford it. The developers can't get blood out of a stone, so they throw the stones out and bring in fresh blood who can afford the damn thing. It's going on all over the world right now. Our building is a tiny microcosm of a disturbing trend in urban society. At root it is class based. Poor out, wealthy in. Gentrification. Lot's more cash for the people with lots already.

4 of Discs: "...a risk you may end up only valuing material wealth, etc.": Ha! How true. It's all about money. I don't like the idea of being bankrupted by some stupid scheme - essentially an extravagant cosmetic upgrade - to make money for corrupt developers.This MIGHT be making me unreasonable and aggressive. In fact it is.

6 of Cups: "Recognition and self-respect in the noblest sense!": I have spent my whole life straining every nerve to be extremely nice. But now over this issue my shadow side has come roaring forth and I am feeling tremendous personal power that I did not realise I possessed. The experience is intoxicating. I'm really enjoying being a complete jerk and, while making my points forcefully, also teasing and ridiculing my opponents as mercilessly as possible. Cursing them "adequately", as my old poetry prof. used to say. I'm just realising how much fun I've been missing.

Knave of Wands: "Creative spark": Excellent. Our group of of rebels, apart from objecting to the project on general principles, is trying to block it because of the massive financial uncertainty presented by the aftermath of the Covid-19 pandemic. All the owners might need their money for food or medicine in a year's time, not for blasted new windows and balconies, for Christ's sake. Any moron should be able to see that. Paying up for this project now is an insane gamble that everything will return very quickly to normal. But the developers are hungry to collect their money before the collapse comes. Meanwhile I do feel as if I am on a "perilous path". The construction business is a branch of organised crime, and our opponents have already proved themselves to be quite ruthless. I do fear slightly for my physical safety if I continue my crusade. But I'm a nervous, paranoid kind of guy, so we might be able to discount that particular neurosis.

Queen of Wands: "a female will come to the rescue" : Fantastic! This is the best news I've heard in weeks. Our team just hired a female lawyer to represent our interests. If she can establish that there were irregularities in the voting procedure that forced this thing through - and there were, big time! - then we will be able to insist on another vote and have a chance to block it. On the other hand the evil enemy are led by a group of highly competent and intelligent women, and total bitches to boot. So how we interpret this card is fairly crucial. I'm going to go with the lawyer thesis.

Conclusion: "a lot of Wands, a lot of fire...Ensure to keep your arguments friendly and factual': Now this is very wise and timely advice and I will try to follow it. Everyone in this situation is looking out for their own best interests. We all have selfishess in common. There is no need for it to get personal.(....(dragged away muttering)...."But I'm a Scorpio...an excitable guy...I need to taste blood... please let me taste blood"....(wanders outside in a daze of frustrated fury onto his rotting balcony, which collapses and carries screaming down to death....)

Thanks iMoodyCrab. Super reading, hope to talk to you again.
dodalisque
Sage

Post by dodalisque »

Looking back today over what I wrote about iMoodyCrab's reading seems only to be lacking the occasional impassioned cry of, "You go, girl!"

Return to “Tarot de Marseille Group: Hosted by Charlie Brown”