This forum is officially closed. It will however remain online and active in a limited form for the time being.

TdM Reading Group: kare reads for Merrick

kare
Sage

TdM Reading Group: kare reads for Merrick

Post by kare »

Hi, Merrick,

What question do you have for me? Thank you!
Merrick
Sage

Re: TdM Reading Group: kare reads for Merrick

Post by Merrick »

Hi Kare! Looking forward to working with you on this.

My question is how do I work through the current emotional/energetic blockage I’m experiencing?

I look forward to seeing your reading. :D
“You should acquire only the power of helping others. An art that does not heal is not an art.” -Alejandro Jodorowsky, in conversation with the Tarot de Marseille
kare
Sage

Post by kare »

Hi, Merrick,

Thank you for your question. I'm sorry to hear about your blockage. It must be even more frustrating to experience that if you are also impacted by quarantine, the virus, or economic changes. I will work on the reading and post it as soon as I can. The only traditional TdM I have is the Conver-Ben-Dov, but I really love it.
Merrick wrote: 10 Apr 2020, 21:08 Hi Kare! Looking forward to working with you on this.

My question is how do I work through the current emotional/energetic blockage I’m experiencing?

I look forward to seeing your reading. :D
Merrick
Sage

Post by Merrick »

I have the Ben-Dov as well! It is very readable.
“You should acquire only the power of helping others. An art that does not heal is not an art.” -Alejandro Jodorowsky, in conversation with the Tarot de Marseille
kare
Sage

Post by kare »

Merrick wrote: 10 Apr 2020, 21:08
Hi, Merrick,

I thought I'd start by mentioning the decks I used and how I chose to pull an extra card for clarification. The only traditional TdM I have is the Conver-Ben-Dov, which I do love. I used that deck for the main cross. I decided in advance that I would pull extra cards, as noted by Charlie Brown, if I thought the reading called for it. For any extra cards, I decided I would use the Tattoo Tarot: Ink and Intuition deck by artist MEGAMUNDEN. This is not really a traditional TdM, but it is done in the TdM style and is the only other deck I have that is arguably a version of TdM. It's also a gorgeous deck. I like using second decks for clarifying cards sometimes because it gives me a chance to see if the same card comes up twice, which is always interesting to me. After pulling the cards for the main cross, there was really a remarkable amount of correspondence among all the cards, with the one exception being, notably, the card in the "Surprise" position. So I decided I would pull extra cards to clarify its relationship to the head and feet cards. As I shuffled to pull these cards, the Moon jumped out, so I decided to go with that alone, and also decided it could just provide some further clarification on the surprise card itself. Of course the Moon I guess provides anything but clarification.

I really can't tell you how surprised I am at how the cards came out. I mean statistically, and in the context of your question, what are the odds you would get these particular cards, all upright. It's a reading full of hope, energy, and possibility. Your question basically is asking for a recommended action. How do you achieve your goal of working through your emotional and energetic blockage? So I will interpret the cards as suggestions for steps to take rather than as indicators of what is going on currently.

Card 1, you. The Fool. He's looking up, not at where he is stepping. The way my cards are laid out, he's looking between the Ace of Cups and the Ace of Batons. His view sets his perspective right between the two elements you asked about--emotions and energy. I see this as an indicator that the reading is addressing exactly the question you asked, if that makes sense. A persistent dog is tearing at his pants and he seems oblivious to it. Ben-Dov, in his book The Open Reading, notes that he is roaming free, he gives up control, and he lives in the present moment. And Ben-Dov suggests that he does these things in a radical way. He is walking, in this spread, unwittingly into the Ace of Batons, so he seems to be headed right for that creative drive. I think the essential advice here is that you should disregard the things that are truly inconsequential, like the dog; don't look too carefully at where you are going if it prevents you from going somewhere you would like to go, keep your sights upward. He is walking on grassy hills. Not a path. I think the advice is free yourself from things that restrain or limit you unnecessarily. His red shoes and red walking stick (a baton, I suppose), objects that move him forward, tie him thematically to the Queen of Batons behind him as well, who wears a red gown. Ace of Batons before him, Queen of Batons behind him. I can't help but think of your mention of energetic blockages specifically here with the two baton cards. And what is under his pants that the dog ripped? Green, like the batons before and behind hin. He could already literally be made entirely of passion, and the clothing, the trappings of social requirements, conceal that fact. Embracing this Fool energy will help you overcome your blockages.

Card 2, head/thoughts, dreams, hopes: Ace of Cups. Since you mentioned emotional blockages, this card seems to be addressing that. It represents the restorative potential of emotions or emotional fulfillment. As a card that offers a suggestion on how to overcome our blockages, I think it corresponds to the Fool's eyes being upward rather than down at where he is stepping. You could dream big, entertain your hopes, and then be very practical and reason out why these are useless ideas. This would be a great way to create emotional and energetic blockages. We all live in the real world, and our dreams and desires don't always work out, and there is plenty of time to find that out later. But for now, this card is suggesting you embrace the emotional fulfillment that comes from simply being open to those possibilities. That is the lesson of the Fool as well. It is very noteworthy that you got every single ace in the deck except the Ace of Swords. Not a time to overthink. Literally put your emotions where your thoughts would be.

Card 3: at your feet/things that you can afford to ignore. This could be the dog nipping at the Fool's pants--something the Fool must know is there but chooses to ignore so he can continue on his way. Practical concerns, material concerns. This card, if it represents advice for what action to take, essentially is suggesting that you disregard all those practical matters for now. I'm not saying to drop your responsibilities in actuality. But in terms of eliminating blockages to your emotions and energy, material concerns may for now only limit your sense of possibility at a time when you should be embracing internally that sense of possibility. So at least as far as working internally to clear your blockages, setting aside those concerns and stressors, which will always be there to be picked back up later, is an action you can take. Look how light the Fool's bag is that he carries.

Card 4: at your side/support: Ace of Batons. Creative growth, inspiration, energy. A hand is actually grabbing that symbol of fertility. It's a proactive card of reaching out and grabbing what you most need. So how do you provide support to yourself in order to clear blockages? The Ace suggests you surround yourself with resources that aide you in your inspiration and creativity.

Card 5: the surprise. Queen of Batons. She looks after the Fool. Literally, and so also figuratively. I don't see the Fool as walking away from her, but as having her at his back, the unacknowledged or unknown support. She has a huge wand but as a queen, has some control over this passion. Perhaps she knows how to temper it when it becomes overwhelming, and how to stoke it when it seems to diminish. But I love how big it is for her. It looks heavy and yet she rests comfortably with it. She seems to have several elements that combine freedom with control. Mostly flowing hair, but braided across her brow and contained under a crown. A large flowing gown, but restrained by a gold belt. Sitting solidly still, but with a forward, engaged posture. She has control, but embraces her intuitive energy. Every once in a while she tells her kids to forget about doing their homework and come outside to enjoy the sunshine and dirt. Grades aren't always the most important thing. She does not refuse to accept the consequences of not doing the homework, but knows that it is sometimes an inconsequential thing. Sometimes she gives in to those urges, and values that part of herself. Doing so probably enhances her control over her energies and passions by putting her more in tune with them. I kind of see her as the energy underlying the Fool here in this reading for you. She is perhaps who you should model your efforts after as you work through your blockages.

The Moon. A path illuminated but not easy to see in this card, it seems to head for the hills. But first you have to walk right between the domesticated dog and the wild wolf through a gateway of sorts. The connection to the Fool's path seems important, and the idea of balancing two opposing natures, like the Queen of Batons does, also seems to be emphasized. The crawfish is climbing up out of that primordial water to begin a new phase. Leaving safety and the comfort of what is known for something entirely different and uncharted, and it's not a human, so it must just be instinctually compelled to do this. Maybe fear of this transition is impacting you. It is also a card of embracing intuition as a guide. The two canines are so close together, you can't actually walk through them. They block the path to the unexplored, probably untamed, mountains beyond. As an obstacle, they perhaps represent something that you should accept rather than try to overcome. This pair of forces, the tame and the wild, that, when not embraced, work against each other, but that, when embraced, can lead to fulfillment and greater integration in a positive way in your life.

The last thing I would note about this reading is that four of your cards are cards of hopeful beginnings. The aces and the Fool. The other two cards are cards that are notable for how they encourage you to embrace the wild and intuitive side of yourself and suggest that doing so might lead to greater control (via integration) over your emotions and energy--to the degree that you can overcome your blockages. The queen is absolutely not the controlled, authoritative king. The mesage of the Fool is to let go of that control. Doing so will lead you toward or give you access again to your passion.

I really hope this is useful to you. Thank you so much for sharing your question with me and for allowing me to do a reading for you.
Attachments
IMG_20200417_150702935.jpg
Merrick
Sage

Post by Merrick »

kare wrote: 18 Apr 2020, 01:56
Merrick wrote: 10 Apr 2020, 21:08
Hi, Merrick,

I thought I'd start by mentioning the decks I used and how I chose to pull an extra card for clarification. The only traditional TdM I have is the Conver-Ben-Dov, which I do love. I used that deck for the main cross. I decided in advance that I would pull extra cards, as noted by Charlie Brown, if I thought the reading called for it. For any extra cards, I decided I would use the Tattoo Tarot: Ink and Intuition deck by artist MEGAMUNDEN. This is not really a traditional TdM, but it is done in the TdM style and is the only other deck I have that is arguably a version of TdM. It's also a gorgeous deck. I like using second decks for clarifying cards sometimes because it gives me a chance to see if the same card comes up twice, which is always interesting to me. After pulling the cards for the main cross, there was really a remarkable amount of correspondence among all the cards, with the one exception being, notably, the card in the "Surprise" position. So I decided I would pull extra cards to clarify its relationship to the head and feet cards. As I shuffled to pull these cards, the Moon jumped out, so I decided to go with that alone, and also decided it could just provide some further clarification on the surprise card itself. Of course the Moon I guess provides anything but clarification.

I really can't tell you how surprised I am at how the cards came out. I mean statistically, and in the context of your question, what are the odds you would get these particular cards, all upright. It's a reading full of hope, energy, and possibility. Your question basically is asking for a recommended action. How do you achieve your goal of working through your emotional and energetic blockage? So I will interpret the cards as suggestions for steps to take rather than as indicators of what is going on currently.

Card 1, you. The Fool. He's looking up, not at where he is stepping. The way my cards are laid out, he's looking between the Ace of Cups and the Ace of Batons. His view sets his perspective right between the two elements you asked about--emotions and energy. It see this as an indicator that the reading is addressing exactly the question you asked, if that makes sense. A persistent dog is tearing at his pants and he seems oblivious to it. Ben-Dov, in his book The Open Reading, notes that he is roaming free, he gives up control, and he lives in the present moment. And Ben-Dov suggests that he does these things in a radical way. He is walking, in this spread, unwittingly into the Ace of Batons, so he seems to be headed right for that creative drive. I think the essential advice here is that you should disregard the things that are truly inconsequential, like the dog; don't look too carefully at where you are going if it prevents you from going somewhere you would like to go, keep your sights upward. He is walking on grassy hills. Not a path. I think the advice is free yourself from things that restrain or limit you unnecessarily. His red shoes and red walking stick (a baton, I suppose), objects that move him forward, tie him thematically to the Queen of Batons behind him as well, who wears a red gown. Ace of Batons before him, Queen of Batons behind him. I can't help but think of your mention of energetic blockages specifically here with the two baton cards. And what is under his pants that the dog ripped? Green, like the batons before and behind hin. He could already literally be made entirely of passion, and the clothing, the trappings of social requirements, conceal that fact. Embracing this Fool energy will help you overcome your blockages.

Card 2, head/thoughts, dreams, hopes: Ace of Cups. Since you mentioned emotional blockages, this card seems to be addressing that. It represents the restorative potential of emotions or emotional fulfillment. As a card that offers a suggestion on how to overcome our blockages, I think it corresponds to the Fool's eyes being upward rather than down at where he is stepping. You could dream big, entertain your hopes, and then be very practical and reason out why these are useless ideas. This would be a great way to create emotional and energetic blockages. We all live in the real world, and our dreams and desires don't always work out, and there is plenty of time to find that out later. But for now, this card is suggesting you embrace the emotional fulfillment that comes from simply being open to those possibilities. That is the lesson of the Fool as well. It is very noteworthy that you got every single ace in the deck except the Ace of Swords. Not a time to overthink. Literally put your emotions where your thoughts would be.

Card 3: at your feet/things that you can afford to ignore. This could be the dog nipping at the Fool's pants--something the Fool must know is there but chooses to ignore so he can continue on his way. Practical concerns, material concerns. This card, if it represents advice for what action to take, essentially is suggesting that you disregard all those practical matters for now. I'm not saying to drop your responsibilities in actuality. But in terms of eliminating blockages to your emotions and energy, material concerns may for now only limit your sense of possibility at a time when you should be embracing internally that sense of possibility. So at least as far as working internally to clear your blockages, setting aside those concerns and stressors, which will always be there to be picked back up later, is an action you can take. Look how light the Fool's bag is that he carries.

Card 4: at your side/support: Ace of Batons. Creative growth, inspiration, energy. A hand is actually grabbing that symbol of fertility. It's a proactive card of reaching out and grabbing what you most need. So how do you provide support to yourself in order to clear blockages? The Ace suggests you surround yourself with resources that aide you in your inspiration and creativity.

Card 5: the surprise. Queen of Batons. She looks after the Fool. Literally, and so also figuratively. I don't see the Fool as walking away from her, but as having her at his back, the unacknowledged or unknown support. She has a huge wand but as a queen, has some control over this passion. Perhaps she knows how to temper it when it becomes overwhelming, and how to stoke it when it seems to diminish. But I love how big it is for her. It looks heavy and yet she rests comfortably with it. She seems to have several elements that combine freedom with control. Mostly flowing hair, but braided across her brow and contained under a crown. A large flowing gown, but restrained by a gold belt. Sitting solidly still, but with a forward, engaged posture. She has control, but embraces her intuitive energy. Every once in a while she tells her kids to forget about doing their homework and come outside to enjoy the sunshine and dirt. Grades aren't always the most important thing. She does not refuse to accept the consequences of not doing the homework, but knows that it is sometimes an inconsequential thing. Sometimes she gives in to those urges, and values that part of herself. Doing so probably enhances her control over her energies and passions by putting her more in tune with them. I kind of see her as the energy underlying the Fool here in this reading for you. She is perhaps who you should model your efforts after as you work through your blockages.

The Moon. A path illuminated but not easy to see in this card, it seems to head for the hills. But first you have to walk right between the domesticated dog and the wild wolf through a gateway of sorts. The connection to the Fool's path seems important, and the idea of balancing two opposing natures, like the Queen of Batons does, also seems to be emphasized. The crawfish is climbing up out of that primordial water to begin a new phase. Leaving safety and the comfort of what is known for something entirely different and uncharted, and it's not a human, so it must just be instinctually compelled to do this. Maybe fear of this transition is impacting you. It is also a card of embracing intuition as a guide. The two canines are so close together, you can't actually walk through them. They block the path to the unexplored, probably untamed, mountains beyond. As an obstacle, they perhaps represent something that you should accept rather than try to overcome. This pair of forces, the tame and the wild, that, when not embraced, work against each other, but that, when embraced, can lead to fulfillment and greater integration in a positive way in your life.

The last thing I would note about this reading is that four of your cards are cards of hopeful beginnings. The aces and the Fool. The other two cards are cards that are notable for how they encourage you to embrace the wild and intuitive side of yourself and suggest that doing so might lead to greater control (via integration) over your emotions and energy--to the degree that you can overcome your blockages. The queen is absolutely not the controlled, authoritative king. The mesage of the Fool is to let go of that control. Doing so will lead you toward or give you access again to your passion.

I really hope this is useful to you. Thank you so much for sharing your question with me and for allowing me to do a reading for you.
I will give you more detailed feedback as I digest this, but I must reply now to thank you for this generous and thorough reading. I have cried reading it as it is perhaps the most hopeful and powerful reading I have ever had. Your grasp of the intricacies of the TdM and its visual language is something I aspire to. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
kare
Sage

Post by kare »

You are so kind, and I am so glad it was helpful to you. I would guess that it isn't my grasp of the TdM but my experience struggling with anxiety that maybe helps me with the cards. They help me maintain a positive outlook. TdM is kind of new to me and tarot, etc. as well. Take your time and thank you so much.
Merrick
Sage

Post by Merrick »

kare wrote: 18 Apr 2020, 14:13 You are so kind, and I am so glad it was helpful to you. I would guess that it isn't my grasp of the TdM but my experience struggling with anxiety that maybe helps me with the cards. They help me maintain a positive outlook. TdM is kind of new to me and tarot, etc. as well. Take your time and thank you so much.
I’ve spent a lot of time reflecting on your reading. I don’t know about you, but for me there are times when a reading just bowls me over. How are these slips of paper cutting through me with such ease and accuracy? This was one of those readings.

The three aces except the swords surrounding the Fool is such a powerful image. It makes me think of our ethereal bodies, the lattice of energy that extends from our physical body. Wherever he goes, The Fool brings those Aces with him because that is his energy, this perpetual newness and a calling forth of primal energies. I’ve taken this to mean I need to let go. My head likes to hold on, at the expense of my other aspects. It could also mean that these other aspects are underdeveloped because of the oversized influence my mind plays on me.

The Queen of Batons I believe references my partner to a degree, who has my back and is definitely both a Queen and of batons. I also feel it’s my creative, ambitious side, gently prompting me to move forward in a confident way.

Finally, the Moon. I LOVE the Moon. It is my favorite single card in the entire tarot, especially the Marseille. I feel like I’m always carrying the Moon with me, so to have that appear as a hidden card is so perfect.

Thank you again for the reading. It was emotional, impactful, and meaningful.
kare
Sage

Post by kare »

Thank you for your feedback. I can't get over the connections among the cards and then to have the Moon with your connection to it. I can honestly say I don't think I've ever done a reading that has had that kind of thematic symmetry. I wish you the best. Thank you for letting me read for you.
Merrick wrote: 23 Apr 2020, 20:32
kare wrote: 18 Apr 2020, 14:13 You are so kind, and I am so glad it was helpful to you. I would guess that it isn't my grasp of the TdM but my experience struggling with anxiety that maybe helps me with the cards. They help me maintain a positive outlook. TdM is kind of new to me and tarot, etc. as well. Take your time and thank you so much.
I’ve spent a lot of time reflecting on your reading. I don’t know about you, but for me there are times when a reading just bowls me over. How are these slips of paper cutting through me with such ease and accuracy? This was one of those readings.

The three aces except the swords surrounding the Fool is such a powerful image. It makes me think of our ethereal bodies, the lattice of energy that extends from our physical body. Wherever he goes, The Fool brings those Aces with him because that is his energy, this perpetual newness and a calling forth of primal energies. I’ve taken this to mean I need to let go. My head likes to hold on, at the expense of my other aspects. It could also mean that these other aspects are underdeveloped because of the oversized influence my mind plays on me.

The Queen of Batons I believe references my partner to a degree, who has my back and is definitely both a Queen and of batons. I also feel it’s my creative, ambitious side, gently prompting me to move forward in a confident way.

Finally, the Moon. I LOVE the Moon. It is my favorite single card in the entire tarot, especially the Marseille. I feel like I’m always carrying the Moon with me, so to have that appear as a hidden card is so perfect.

Thank you again for the reading. It was emotional, impactful, and meaningful.

Return to “Tarot de Marseille Group: Hosted by Charlie Brown”