This forum is officially closed. It will however remain online and active in a limited form for the time being.

TdM Sign-Up: Australian Cross

Charlie Brown
Sage

TdM Sign-Up: Australian Cross

Post by Charlie Brown »

20200403_114648.jpg

Sign-Up HERE. Partners will be assigned on the 10th.

This month, we'll tackle a full-deck version of the French Cross spread. I call this the Australian Cross because it appears in the LWB of "Granny Jones' Australian Tarot."

Also notice that the order of the card layout is different from most French Cross spreads. Here, the center card is card 1, not card 5.

Granny Jones' Australian Cross

1. a toi (to you) - things personal to you, happening now.

2. a la tete (at your head) - your thoughts, dreams and hopes.

3. aux pieds (at your feet) - things you least care about. You know they are there, but they are not a problem. Things past or already dealt with, or things you can afford to ignore.

4. a cote (by your side) - your support or opposition, depending on the cards.

5. ta surprise (your surprise) - things you least expect to happen.

Additionally, I sometimes draw extra cards at the corners in order to illustrate the relationships between the cards. For example, I may put a card in the Northwest corner, between cards 5 and 2 to show how this surprise event will affect how your dreams and hopes could manifest themselves. Or at the SE corner, between cards 3 and 4 to explore how the past and/or what you're ignoring will influence the present.
I believe in Crystal Light.
Merrick
Sage

Re: TdM Sign-Up: Australian Cross

Post by Merrick »

Sign me up good sir!
“You should acquire only the power of helping others. An art that does not heal is not an art.” -Alejandro Jodorowsky, in conversation with the Tarot de Marseille
dodalisque
Sage

Post by dodalisque »

I have been away for a while but I can't resist the urge any longer. The extra cards added to the basic French Cross spread look as though they could be interesting.
iMoodyCrab
Seer

Post by iMoodyCrab »

Me! Me! Me!
This looks mighty interesting... definitely count me in for this one.
Charlie Brown
Sage

Post by Charlie Brown »

dodalisque wrote: 04 Apr 2020, 03:59 I have been away for a while but I can't resist the urge any longer. The extra cards added to the basic French Cross spread look as though they could be interesting.
Glad to have you!

Keep in mind that those "extra" cards are optional and, personally, I've never used all four. I just thought it looked cool for the picture. With this version, they're sort of my own invention but Kris Hader has "extra" cards in his French Cross too. The French where he explains it all is a little tough for me though and I haven't yet taken the time to really go through it. IIUC, in Hadar's method (which is majors only) the basic cross gets broken down into triangles (East, NE, N is one thing, E, SE, S another, etc.)
kare
Sage

Post by kare »

Sign me up! Between a house constantly full of children and husband working at home, home school, and no going out, this might be what keeps me sane.
Rachelcat
Sage

Post by Rachelcat »

Oh, heck, why not! I like the simplicity of this one. (The hardest part is always thinking of a question.)
Please join us in This Week's Deck!

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
qndynes
Sage

Post by qndynes »

Sign me up!
Thoughts are things, and words have wings.
Charlie Brown
Sage

Post by Charlie Brown »

Circle Assignments:

Kare reads for Merrick
Merrick reads for RachelCat
RachelCat reads for Qndynes
Qndynes reads for IMoodyCrab
IMoodyCrab reads for Dodalisque
Dodalisque reads for Kare