This forum is officially closed. It will however remain online and active in a limited form for the time being.

Sacred Days: Myperception

A 12-day reading to celebrate one of the four corners of the year.
Myperception
Sage

Sacred Days: Myperception

Post by Myperception »

The Sacred Days of Vernal Equinox Spread: 

I am using Thoth Deck since I rarely used it, and it's time to learn up the deck.

Day 1: 15.3. Cybele and Attis Festival - Today is the first day of week-long celebration of Cybele, the great Mother Goddess, and her youthful consort Attis. Today's card talks about love and eros in your life, and how you can celebrate them.

3 of Cups - Abundance
Water flow down from golden lotus and flow into red glasses. The combination of gold and red, make it so sophisticated and filling. A typical prosperous colour during Chinese New Yew, full of joy and happiness, and blessing of good luck. Cups = emotion/love, I am having a good guardian such as my late grandparents, my godmother/aunt, makes me always like to go home for dinner, I never feel like want to move out even now I am in my middle age. I am so blessings to have them in my life, I cherish my family, a home that I always looking forward to come back after busy days.

Day 2: 16.3. Gahambar Hamaspathmaidyem - Today begins the Zoroastrian Holiday Gahambar Hamaspathmaidyem, celebrating the life cycle of human beings, from creation to death, and the presence of angels. Today's card connects you to your own path in life and the angel/power/energy that protects you.

Knight of Swords
My guardian angel in Taoist is a male. He is brave, a warrior. I had been through a very dark period on July 2015 till March 2016, without the beliefs on him, I won't be able to pull through, it just the same like how christian embrace Jesus, buddhist worship Buddha etc. From the card can see how the dominant force is so determine and moving forward in great force, just like how it motivate me to move on, follow my own guts feel, be confident and trust myself.

Day 3: 17.3. Liberalia - On this day, the Romans celebrated the Liberalia festival of freedom. Today's card tells you how you use your freedom and encourages you to be really free of bonds that limit your personality, talents and longings. What are the bonds you have to break to be free? 

Prince of Swords
Obviously the card shown the young prince waving his swords and intend to attack the 3 men. Those men carry those old mentality and behaviour that no longer suitable for current world, it's time to change and let go those poor old mentality, and implement some new methods to improve the current situation. To break free from those old chains in mental, is the key heading to better path.

Day 4: 18.3. Ugadi - The Hindu holiday Ugadi is celebrated in some parts of India as New Year. Its traditional food represents the different tastes: sour, salty, sweet and bitter. Today's card shows you how to balance the flavours in your life, to be able to enjoy it to the fullest in the months ahead. How can make you make your life more flavourful and enjoyable? 

Prince of Wands
A young prince carry flame in him, moving forward with courage and passion with the lion. My passion will be those area that will keep me moving, such as I like gym, i like running and weight training. Eventhough now is covid19 period, and country is practising lockdown, I have to do my workout at home. With more time spend at home, I am arranging all my childhood photos, read books, watch tv etc. Doing things passionly on those things I rarely done, can makes life more interesting !

Day 5: 19.3. Minerva Day - Minerva/Athene is the Roman/Greek goddess of intelligence, rational thinking and objectivity. Today's card asks you how you use your intelligence and talents, whether you give them the proper place or whether you feel you have undeveloped potential. What can you do to make the best use of your mental powers and intelligence? 

Ace of Cups
A self recognition is a key to develop more of my intelligence. Self love and appreciation will help me more can make best use of my mind. Maybe all the while I am too focus on facts in daily activities and work, till I neglected my senses, my affection etc. I will have to listen to my heart more instead of too focus on mind, time to develop my senses towards the world !

Day 6: 20.3. Spring/Vernal Equinox - This is the day of balance between day and night, when new things grow and push through the earth, when Kore/Persephone returns from the underworld and brings flowers with her. Today's card calls you to contemplate on creativity and renewal in your own life. Where do you resist change, and where should you embrace it? 

For Southern Hemisphere tarotists who experience Autumn: what are the wilting things and feelings in my life that I should let go? 

Queen of Disks
An earth element, a Capricorn Queen sitting relaxing on the pineapple throne looking at the river flow in the dessert and nourishing the plants, she knew it well by not needing her to do anything, nature will takes it course. Like asia zen poetry said : when spring coming, plants will grow by itself. This is a nature senses and confident towards the environment. Before it reaching this relaxing path, there must be alot of effort and challenges that need to go through. Now it's time to sit back and take time for myself. Those fighting and competing period had over, what I owe myself a peace and zen moment to nourish my mind and soul. Let go of those aggressive will be my key word for this year at very least.

Day 7: 21.3. Harmony Day - In Australia, Harmony Day celebrates inclusiveness and acceptance. Today's card asks you to probe your own hidden prejudices, and what you can do to become more open and tolerant. Challenge yourself to inform yourself and get to know cultures, topics or people that until held irrational negative associations for you. How can you become an ambassador for inclusiveness and harmony in your society and immediate surrounding? 

10 of Cups - Satiety
To embrace what we have we possess now, to appreciate what we have now is important, human are greedy which I don't deny. Greed will make a person become aggressive, hunger, unsatisfied etc. It will tend to lead us to the wrong path or wrongdoing. 10 of the cups shown there is no water overspill, it just fill up the cups, it just nice and sufficient. Appreciate what we have today. If we need to venture something new, we need to take time to observed and think properly, what's the next to inspire us in life.

Day 8: 22.3. Eostre/Ostara - The Germanic goddess of spring is celebrated with eggs, rabbits and the ringing of bells. Today's card reminds you of a bell ringing in your life, a bell that calls you forward and that you didn't heed or overhear until now. Understand what this bell wants to tell you, and in the coming month, try to make its voice heard. 

8 of Wands - Swiftness
This card is a sign of difficulties will overcome, obstacles can be settle if we change our perception or view towards it. If I can change my perspective, look at things in a new directions, I think I can find the solution. Time to let go my own perspective, never try never know, at times need to allow myself to try new and different methods, who knows there is a new path waiting for me?

Day 9: 23.3. Hilaria = The Roman holiday of Hilaria celebrates laughter and fun. Today's card throws a light on the place light-hearted fun and humour have in your life. Do you laugh often enough? The card challenges you to find things that make you laugh and forget your worries, and do them regularly from now on. 

5 of Wands - Strife
Difficulties, obstacles, barrier etc, this card is trying to tell me to face a situation that I had been avoiding it for quite sometimes, if it didn't settle, things may not be able to move forward. When we face our problems, we will gain the freedom, mind and emotional freedom that will restore our happiness and laughter. I am good now, but it can be better !

Day 10: 24.3. Earth Hour - On this international day, people stop to think about the environment and the use we make of it. Are you doing all you can to keep and preserve this earth? Today's card asks you to find your own connection to the Earth you live on, whether through environment awareness or the voice of your spiritual tradition. How are you connected to this Earth and how can you honour it? 

Knight of Wands
The Earth has always makes me feel passionate. The burning passion in life, experiencing our lives, everyday is a new day, new beginning. It lifted me up, give me positive energy to move forward to live and embrace very single moment now and then. Life is a single one way ticket journey, live it with zest !

Day 11: 25.3. The Annunciation - The Christian holiday celebrates peace, hope and new beginnings. Today's card shows you where you have to make peace - with memories, people in your life or other painful matters. Let them go and don't beat yourself up any more. 

8 of Disks - Prudence
There are flowers grew from a plant, the branch foundation are solid, the flowers are protected by leaves, cover under the leaves to avoid any destroy. Some of the past hurtful memories are buried very deep down me, I never want to talk or to remember about it, too protective of myself. It's time to let go those unwanted memories, they won't take part in my current and future life,we need to dare to experience hurt etc in order to grow stronger. I am thankful it no longer take a toll of my emotion, and majority I hardly recall now, and it's good for me.

Day 12: 26.3. Preparation of the Temple of Luna - On the final day of our 12 days, we prepare for the annual Roman festival in the Temple of Luna, the Moon goddess. Today's card tells you how you can become more attuned to the intuitive, quiet side within you, how you can make your spiritual work more meaningful, and how to integrate your shadow into your life. It's the message of the Moon for the spring days ahead while the influence of the Sun is rising

Knight of Swords
I had this card again within these 12 days. It tells me time to stay focus and move forward, trust myself, the voice in me will tells me what to do next. It's time to really make up my mind, if I am serious of this piece, I need to stay focus and not sway nor slack. A good reminder to myself, I have a big task for myself to learn more in Lenormand, and venture into oracle card this year. I must move forward !

Return to “Sacred Days of the Vernal Equinox 2020”