This forum is officially closed. It will however remain online and active in a limited form for the time being.

DoW: Musterberg

Rose Lalonde
Sage

DoW: Musterberg

Post by Rose Lalonde »

Having just mentioned it here in another thread, I think I'll start with the cheeky Tarot of Musterberg, which I haven't used in readings more than once or twice. (I read with Tabula Mundi most of the time, while many of my other decks languish in drawers.)

I say cheeky for liberties taken and little things like Death using a thigh bone as his oar handle.

There's a fictional backstory to the deck... "This tarot deck brings back the cards used at the Pennyland Amusement Park in the turn of the 20th century. Although full of attractions, the midway section at Pennyland became famous for its fortune tellers, despite the prognosticators being pretty recognizable from their early shift at the ice cream cart. None of the fortune tellers working at the park had any experience in predicting the future, but they all relied on the Pennyland Handbook of Cartomancy provided to them by the park."

The imaginary "Pennyland Handbook of Cartomancy" is in fact the lwb, which is funny and not bad a s a lwb either, so I'll quote from that in places.

musterbergQS.png
musterbergQS.png (267.55 KiB) Viewed 2744 times
musterbergDeath.png
musterbergDeath.png (267.19 KiB) Viewed 2744 times
musterbergMagician.png
musterbergMagician.png (269.58 KiB) Viewed 2744 times
"One mounteth unto the Crown by the moon and by the Sun, and by the arrow, and by the Foundation, and by the dark home of the stars from the black earth." LXV
stronglove
Sage

Re: DoW: Musterberg

Post by stronglove »

love, love, love this deck! seeing the cards puts a smile on my face
from fragility to humility....maybe white lives should matter a little less
Rose Lalonde
Sage

Post by Rose Lalonde »

musterberg1.png

I drew these early this morning. With the way the vines seem to me to be bullying through and isolating that center coin, I thought of letting go of obsessive frustration and irritability, and instead letting go and pouring it all out in Temperance. It's been a good reminder today. Makes me think of Susan Chang's article on Llewellyn about using the daily to change your day rather than fortell it.

The many-breasted pottery makes me think of the Ephesian Artemis.
"One mounteth unto the Crown by the moon and by the Sun, and by the arrow, and by the Foundation, and by the dark home of the stars from the black earth." LXV
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

Rose Lalonde wrote: 07 Mar 2020, 03:48 Makes me think of Susan Chang's article on Llewellyn about using the daily to change your day rather than fortell it.
Thanks for this link!

I took a workshop from Susan last year at the Northwest Tarot Symposium in Portland Oregon. It was on this topic exactly, using Tarot for spell-casting.
It's such a charming and creative practice.
Button Soup Tarot, Star & Crown Oracle available @: Rabbit's Moon Tarot 💚
Rose Lalonde
Sage

Post by Rose Lalonde »

musterberg2.png

I think I'll show off the lwb today --

Justice
This card represents a search for truth. The figure of Justice holds a sword pointed to the sky, symbolizing the authority of her rulings, and she is shown examining her scales, representing fairness in the law and decisions based on fact. The nest with two eggs and the chicken with two chicks symbolize the search for answers to age-old questions such as "Which came first, the chicken or the egg". The nine coins on the table as well as the book open to a reading of the tarot card for Justice symbolize responsibility for such decisions and being called to account for actions. However the scales are balanced, revealing that Justice is deserved and things are as they should be.

7 of Coins
In this card, the central stalk lifts one coin away from the others, representing the need to set priorities for financial matters or material goods. Rather than spread one's time and money over a variety of interest, it is necessary now to focus your effort on one area in order to see success. Stay away from fancy wagers at the track: stick with win, place, or show -- and go home.

Joan Marie wrote: 07 Mar 2020, 12:15Thanks for this link!

I took a workshop from Susan last year at the Northwest Tarot Symposium in Portland Oregon. It was on this topic exactly, using Tarot for spell-casting.
It's such a charming and creative practice.
Lucky you to take the workshop in person! I live in a small country, so am a bit jealous. :mrgreen:
At the Fortune's Wheelhouse facebook Susan writes those spell rhymes daily.

Return to “Week 11 - My Deck of the Week”