This forum is officially closed. It will however remain online and active in a limited form for the time being.

Tarot of Marseilles Study Group on facebook

Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr, etc. Let's follow each other and share links here.
Forum rules
Please use this space to share links to your social media sites.

Also, share interesting social media posts here. Copying the links and paste them into your posts.

VERY IMPORTANT: Since this is a Tarot forum, please only share links that would be appropriate here. The idea is to reach across platforms to broaden our view on the tarot world, the people, the art, the events etc.
Thank you for adhering to that. Inappropriate posts will be taken down.
Diana
Sage

Tarot of Marseilles Study Group on facebook

Post by Diana »

Greetings everyone.

TAROT OF MARSEILLES STUDY GROUP

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1958270691141089/

I hope you don't mind my announcing that I've opened up a facebook group devoted EXCLUSIVELY AND ONLY to the Tarot of Marseilles. It's called the Tarot of Marseilles Study Group. I opened it two evenings ago.

The blurb is this one:

"This group is dedicated solely to the study of the Tarot of Marseilles, the Ur Tarot. No other traditions are allowed, so no RWS, no Thoth, nor any other modern invention. So called "TdM inspired" decks are also unwelcome. Anyone, whether new to the TdM or already seasoned, is welcome to join and participate in the discovery of this great Tarot tradition.

All topics as long as they have some relevance to the TdM are allowed. Off-topic is an expression that doesn't exist here. So politics, religion, or whatever subjects are usually frowned upon in tarot circles, are allowed and even encouraged. As long, as I said, they have some relation to the Tarot. If they don't, they will be deleted.

Also I'm a huge fan of freedom of speech. But I remind you that freedom of speech is not a licence to kill. There too, I will delete any posts that are of that nature. But my tolerance will be great so anyone who has a thin skin should keep away as you won't like it here."

Would be happy to welcome TdM scholars and enthusiasts.

Thank you for your attention.
Rumi was asked “which music sound is haram?” Rumi replied, "The sound of tablespoons playing in the pots of the rich, which are heard by the ears of the poor and hungry." (haram means forbidden)
JudyK
Sybil

Re: Tarot of Marseilles Study Group on facebook

Post by JudyK »

Joined yesterday. 😁 Just wanted you to know this invitation didn't go unnoticed.
"Read the damn cards" - Camelia Elias
Diana
Sage

Re: Tarot of Marseilles Study Group on facebook

Post by Diana »

I just wanted to say that the description of my facebook group has been revised, due to the direction the forum has taken. Which is in fact the direction I was hoping it would take.

It's now this:

This group is solely focused on the Tarot of Marseilles. It's not a traditional study group. It's more musings and dreamings and dark sayings.

That being said, if someone wants to start up a topic on how to read the cards, or has questions about the minors which puzzle them, or any other question or observation, this is quite in order. Readings are also welcome for discussion and interpretation.

Actually, anything is welcome. As long as it's related only to the Tarot of Marseilles. None of the RWS, Thoth or other tarot traditions.

Please note that Tarot of Marseilles means Tarot of Marseilles, i.e. not the modern so-called "tarot of marseilles inspired decks" (note the small letters). If someone posts something for example, about the "Marshmallow tarot", the wrath of the Administrator will descend upon them and the wrath is of the nature of the Queen of Batons. And that is a mighty Baton she has.

So welcome to the real world of the Tarot of Marseilles.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1958270691141089/

All the posts get a name and get filed so they don't get lost in the long stream of posts.

All Tarot of Marseilles enthusiasts are welcome.
Rumi was asked “which music sound is haram?” Rumi replied, "The sound of tablespoons playing in the pots of the rich, which are heard by the ears of the poor and hungry." (haram means forbidden)

Return to “Social Media - Follow Back and Share”