This forum is officially closed. It will however remain online and active in a limited form for the time being.

A week with the Tea Tarot

📆 Choose a deck you want to (re)connect with and share your thoughts and insights!
Jump in ANY TIME.
Forum rules
Very simple. Choose a deck and every day post a reading you do for yourself with that deck.This can be anything from a one-card draw to a full spread of your choosing.

In addition to your reading, you are encouraged (highly encouraged!) to talk about the deck you are using. The object of this is to inspire us to re-connect with new decks, older decks, decks we have not used in a while or just to create a deeper connection to a favourite deck.

Also, it's so interesting to us all to see other decks in use and hear about what your experience is with them.

Jump in any time, just open a thread that includes the name of the deck you are using.
Have Fun!! 💚
Rachelcat
Sage

A week with the Tea Tarot

Post by Rachelcat »

I thought this one would be good for Thanksgiving week. It’s a small, fun deck by Marcia McCord, copyright 2011. My copy is No. 46 of 200. It’s a sweet 3.5 x 2.5 inches and composed of snips of tea advertisements and vintage art and photos. And it has a Happy Squirrel card! I look forward to gentle, undemanding readings with it this week. But it IS a regular tarot, so you never know! It could turn out to be quite profound!

Sunday1.jpg

“Tea Girl” is the back. I’ve never read with it before (10 years later) so it’s still in order. Time to wash and shuffle and move on to the interview!

Sunday2.jpg

Most important characteristic: 4 of Cups
Because it’s small, we might think that it doesn’t convey much emotional information. It’s there, we just have to look for it.

Strength: I The Magician
It’s a fully formed tarot. It has everything it needs to work its magic right there on the table.

Weakness: 6 of Cups
There ARE a lot of children in the deck. Maybe that can make it appear too cheerful or cute. But this reading has a lot of them. The deck isn’t ALL cute kids, I promise!

What I can learn from the deck: IX The Hermit
I can learn the best way to read for myself. “Tea for one!” I’m feeling kind of burned out on that, but the deck will help me get in a better mindset for it.

How can I learn it? Page of Swords
Be curious. The girl is learning about the physical world by listening to it closely.

Outcome of our work together: 2 of Pentacles
I’ll learn just how much tarot reading is a give and take between the reader and the deck. (And the questioner.) The girl serves her friend. Tomorrow the friend will serve her.

I’m really liking it already! Have a very happy Sunday!
Please join us in This Week's Deck!

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
Rachelcat
Sage

Re: A week with the Tea Tarot

Post by Rachelcat »

Monday
Why the who is in the what

Monday.jpg

Ace of Cups, Knight of Swords, 2 of Swords, VI The Lovers
All very airy, especially if you count Lovers as Gemini. But in the realm of water. Hmm. I’m getting enjoyment (Ace) from figuring things out (Knight) and making decisions (2) about the Thanksgiving feast with my family (Lovers)! As the Knight of Swords, I’m serving up some food! I guess in the 2 of Swords, they’re deciding whose cup of tea it really is! It’s a really big deal to have my family to my house for a holiday, even though it’s “just us.” I’m a Cancer sun, so home and family together is my favorite thing to do!

Happy Monday, everyone!

Rachelcat
Sage

Post by Rachelcat »

Tuesday
I forgot and remembered the engagement party for my son and dil. How will that go for me?

Tuesday.jpg

Yikes! All majors! For a party? Well it does seem like a big thing for me, but really!

Me: II High Priestess
She’s reading tea leaves! People will see me, the mother of the groom, as powerful and mysterious. They may be standoffish out of respect, not indifference.

Party: XX Judgement
Guardian angel. The party is a chance for me to practice being more social to prepare for holiday parties and the wedding. I might surprise myself at how much I will improve.

Outcome: XIX The Sun
Is it the sun or a sunflower? All will be good and happy and above-board. Nothing mysterious or hidden going on, just fun and celebration.

Advice: VI Lovers
I should focus on the happy couple, not on myself, and awkwardness will wither away to nothing!

A very positive reading! Yes, I know a party should be all positive, but I was really anxious when I got the invitation. This has calmed me down. I might even be looking forward to it now! Have a great day!

Rachelcat
Sage

Post by Rachelcat »

Wednesday
Two Turkeys Spread

Wednesday1.jpg

Receiving
Four things to be thankful for:
6 of Wands: I am thankful I am generally successful in life, and that I am able to share that with others. The animals all look happy and healthy and they’re all getting along very well!

2 of Pentacles: I’m thankful that my outgoings are covered by my incomings! I am frugal but never go without anything I really want. As you can tell from the stork thread!

7 of Swords: The girls are hiding from the others and enjoying the flowers in secret. I’m grateful to be able to have a decent enough grip on reality that I can be in charge of my own emotions. Mental health is nothing to be complacent about! It’s good to remember that we who are relatively “normal” have something valuable indeed.

7 of Cups: I’m thankful I can wear my heart on my sleeve and don’t have to hide my feelings or emotionality. If I’m emotional, it’s ok. It’s no longer dangerous to my well-being and safety.

Keep in mind about gratitude: XIV Temperance
I should remember live a blend of thanks and aspiration. What I have now is great, but I can always have more good things if I work toward them!

Wednesday2.jpg

Giving
Four things I have to give:
10 of Wands: That’s a lot of teaspoons for a lot of stirring! I have a lot of energy to give, but I have to not overdo so that I feel overwhelmed.

3 of Pentacles: I have money and physical things to give. And that’s important.

10 of Swords: I’m idealistic and have specific notions of how the world should be. Which is better than it is now! These definite ideas can be something good to give, but I have to be careful about pushing them on people who don’t care or don’t agree. No politics on Thanksgiving!!!

2 of Cups: I’m thinking equal relationship here. I can give emotionally as a friend and daughter and sister and mom. And mother-in-law! I’m a notorious introvert, but I CAN give back to my wonderful family and friends, and I need to consciously do that!

Keep in mind about generosity: XII The Hanged Man
It may look like I’m not getting any return on my charitable investments (money and time), but I just have to be patient. And I might never see the results of what I give, and that’s ok. I’m not doing it for praise or brownie points, I’m doing it to help. Because I want to.

Well, that was enlightening, I think! Have a very happy Thanksgiving, everyone!

Rachelcat
Sage

Post by Rachelcat »

Thursday on Friday
Happy Thanksgiving again! Why the who is in the what!

Thursday.jpg

XIV Temperance, King of Cups, 3 of Cups, Ace of Cups
All cups all the time! Perfect for the Tea Tarot! I’m in control of my feelings and of expressing my feelings because they’re properly combined and balanced.

??? I tried!

Rachelcat
Sage

Post by Rachelcat »

Friday
Opportunity Challenge Resolution

Friday.jpg

Opportunity: V The Hierophant
I have the opportunity to learn more deeply about what I truly believe.

Challenge: I Magician
the challenge is to do something about it.

Resolution: 3 of Cups
While this is an important topic, friendship might be more important!

Have a great evening!

Rachelcat
Sage

Post by Rachelcat »

Saturday on Sunday
Last day for Tea Tarot

I made up a tea spread: “A woman is like a tea bag; you can’t tell how strong she is until she gets in hot water.”

Saturday.jpg

Tea bag, me: 10 of Swords
I’m feeling overwhelmed by propaganda and partisanship. Yes, I am. Time to go back to my news blackout.

Hot water, difficulty, challenge: 2 of Cups
My challenge is to meet others in an equal relationship. If I continue the way I’m going, I’ll be just as crazy and one-sided as the crazies I’m upset about. Most regular people are just trying to get through all the changes in society we’re dealing with the best they can. Not everybody who disagrees with me is a psycho killer wannabe.

How strong, result: XX Judgement
Changing my mind and what comes into it like this will actually change my life. I can care about and try to make the world better for the children of the coming generation without hate and, yes, without judgment of others.

Strong words from a strong deck! See you soon with a new deck for this week!

Return to “This Week's Deck”