This forum is officially closed. It will however remain online and active in a limited form for the time being.

A week with Motherpeace Tarot

📆 Choose a deck you want to (re)connect with and share your thoughts and insights!
Jump in ANY TIME.
Forum rules
Very simple. Choose a deck and every day post a reading you do for yourself with that deck.This can be anything from a one-card draw to a full spread of your choosing.

In addition to your reading, you are encouraged (highly encouraged!) to talk about the deck you are using. The object of this is to inspire us to re-connect with new decks, older decks, decks we have not used in a while or just to create a deeper connection to a favourite deck.

Also, it's so interesting to us all to see other decks in use and hear about what your experience is with them.

Jump in any time, just open a thread that includes the name of the deck you are using.
Have Fun!! 💚
Rachelcat
Sage

A week with Motherpeace Tarot

Post by Rachelcat »

Ok I’ve had 12 new decks in a row (not counting the Sacred Days of Autumn), so now it’s time for an old deck, old to me anyway. This is one of my very first decks, I’m thinking second or third, but it was a long time ago! Still in print from US Games. It has influenced my suit + number meanings to this day, and my Celtic cross / wheel spread thinking, too! There are two guidebooks. I only had the second one for many years, which I studied thoroughly. I now have the first but I don’t think I’ve actually read it . . . Another large deck, 4.5 inches in diameter. (US Games also publishes a mini version.) Round obviously. Suits are Wands, Cups, Swords, and Discs. Courts are Daughter, Son, Priestess, Shaman.

Sunday1.jpg

I just grabbed it off the shelf, so let’s see what it has to say for itself after all this time.

Sunday2.jpg

Most important characteristic: 6 Cups
It’s all about positive emotions, joy, love, and togetherness.

Strength: 3 Wands
It is a prime example of creativity as manifesting energy. While the artwork is what it is, it accomplishes its goal of manifesting what it wants to say.

Weakness: XII. Hanged One
The feminist future envisioned here seems farther away than ever. It’s not even really on the radar of popular culture today . . .

What can deck teach me? 7 Wands
It can teach me to enjoy the fight or game. Conflict isn’t always negative. Good things can come from competition or opposition.

How can I learn it? Priestess Swords
Such a contrast from heat to cold! I can learn to love conflict by being open to learning from it. By participating in the competition but with a cool head and open heart.

Outcome of our work together: Daughter Cups
I will appreciate the joys of femaleness. And realize that I’m as young as I feel!

This deck is so easy to read! I look forward to using it this week. And sharing it with you! Have a happy week ahead!
Please join us in This Week's Deck!

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
Rachelcat
Sage

Re: A week with Motherpeace Tarot

Post by Rachelcat »

Monday on Tuesday
I’m so off my routine because of my week off, Monday’s reading never entered my mind. Except to say that Motherpeace is a repeat deck. It was my deck of the week back in April. I still have no recollection of that, but so says my calendar!

How about why the who is in the what?

Monday.jpg

I’m taking decisive action (Shaman Wands) to make my home (Ace Discs) more expressive of my feelings (3 Cups) because my feelings about spiritual things are changing through introspection and trying to understand mysteries (XVIII. Moon).

This sounds so superficial, but I’m intrigued about how round cards fit together differently than rectangular ones. I might have to come up with a special spread for round cards!

I’ll be back soon with today’s reading!

Rachelcat
Sage

Post by Rachelcat »

Tuesday
How are my Thanksgiving plans going to come together?
All-Purpose

Tuesday.jpg

Me: Shaman Swords
I want things to happen according to my ideas.

Issue: X. Wheel of Fortune
But anything can happen. Chance will take a hand.

Outcome: 8 Wands
The plans will all come together at the last minute.

Advice: 5 Wands
But I also have to put energy into it to make it happen. Don’t be afraid of disagreement, but play fair!

Have a great day!

Rachelcat
Sage

Post by Rachelcat »

Wednesday on Thursday
What do I need to know about my tarot life/studies?
Elemental star
(Please pardon the busy Thanksgiving table cloth!)

Wednesday.jpg

Physically: XXI. World
Collecting and owning decks and books are everything to me. Also the physical act of laying out the cards. Doing tarot is physically handling cards.

Emotionally: Priestess Wands
How I feel about tarot is emotionally balanced between the masculine (wands) and feminine (priestess). I love doing and figuring out just as much as I love feeling and trusting my intuition.

Intellectually: Ace Cups
This is an origin story: I dove into tarot as an intellectual pursuit and fell in love with the whole thing!

Energetically: XVIII. Moon
I have learned and am still learning from tarot to trust my intuition. Tarot has facilitated a huge change in how I see myself and how I look within.

Spiritually: XVII. Star
Isn’t this a beautiful Star card? Tarot has been a blessing to me, and will continue to be as my understanding of spirituality changes.

Wow, what a positive and beautiful reading! I’m almost afraid to go on to today’s reading. I can’t top this one!

Rachelcat
Sage

Post by Rachelcat »

Thursday
Can’t think of anything to read on. So opportunity challenge resolution it is!

Thursday.jpg

Opportunity: 8 Discs
I have the opportunity to plan work. I think this is planning my Thanksgiving! Food, decorating, who’s bringing what.

Challenge: 6 Swords
My planning might be a bit too intellectual and not completely grounded. Maybe too grandiose or impractical.

Resolution: Shaman Discs
I need to combine all the energy of planning with the practical. The way to plan is to take the initiative but deal with what’s real, not the ideal.

Good advice for myself! Have a happy evening!

Rachelcat
Sage

Post by Rachelcat »

Friday
Full moon in Taurus, Blood Moon, Rebirth

Friday1.jpg

Recent past: 5 Wands
Ok, I guess this is going to be a political reading. The reading is about divisiveness and the atmosphere of conflict and opposition that hovers over everything.

Needs to be released: XVIII. Moon
I need to release the emotional, visceral reaction I have to all that.

How is karma being completed? I. Magician
Both this and the next card are about me taking back my power. This one says that all the work I’ve done to be more independent and self-determining is coming to fruition.

How do I fully surrender? Shaman Discs
I should surrender the political and embrace the personal. I need to be in charge of my own circumstances and body.

Transformation taking place for the benefit of all beings: XV. Devil
People are waking up to realize that evil is evil, and they don’t want to support that. What started as a stunt to gain notoriety has become an entire platform of cruelty and hatred. Regular people are going to figure out that that’s just not acceptable as a method of governing, and vote accordingly. All it takes is a little empathy. Which can’t come too soon!

Rachelcat
Sage

Post by Rachelcat »

Lunar Eclipse, Sovereignty

Friday2.jpg

Earth, current view of myself: Priestess Swords
Yep, definitely see myself as a priestess of swords. I have an emotion connection to studying, reading, and learning!

Moon, my queen self: 2 Wands
But my queen self needs to put all that learning into practice! The young woman is remembering how she was taught to make a fire, and now she has to do it for herself.

Sun, How can I shine my light? XIV. Temperance
Temperance is my card, which makes me think it’s saying I’m on the right track. I can be a light in the world by not taking sides but by combining and blending to create something new and better!

What will heal my insecurities? Shaman Swords
Same as 2 Wands. I can be more effective by not just feeling for but acting on my talents.

My intuitive wisdom: 9 Wands
Now is the time to put my personal power to some good use! Sounds good to me!

Have a wonderful Friday, everyone!

Rachelcat
Sage

Post by Rachelcat »

Saturday
Last day for Motherpeace Tarot
First part of Celtic Cross
What do I need to know about tutoring, now that it’s started?

Saturday.jpg

Me: XX. Judgement
This is a huge change for me, truly coming out of my shell into the larger world.

Cover: Son Cups
I’m tutoring children who want to learn, but mostly want to be valued and connected with.

Cross: Priestess Swords
I need to remember that, and not be too strict or too all-business, even it that comes from a place of caring about their education.

Crown: Ace Cups
My goal is to show love to the universe by giving back something, even if it’s just my time and attention.

Beneath: V. Hierophant
I’m coming from a religious background that emphasizes actually doing something to help. When I see so much hatred and idiocy in the world, I hope I can do a little something to put some decency into it.

Behind: XVII. Star
I have a personal meaning for the Star (specifically the Hanson-Roberts Star, but I’m going to use it here especially because it’s in the behind/past position). It means I had a happy childhood. I was loved, supported, given everything I needed, and put first by my parents. And I had a community that supported me too (our church). I need to remember all that and do my small part to contribute to that kind of childhood for my scholars. Just knowing that there are adults besides your parents that care about you can make a huge difference.

Before: Daughter Wands
Interesting opposite-similarity with Son Cups (masc air + fem water; fem earth + masc fire). We’re starting with children who are learning about feeling and ending with scholars equipped to take practical action! What a great way to look at it!

I enjoyed revisiting the Motherpeace again! If I’m going to use it much in the future, I might spring for the mini version . . . ? Have a happy weekend! I’ll see you tomorrow with a new (much smaller!) deck!

Return to “This Week's Deck”