This forum is officially closed. It will however remain online and active in a limited form for the time being.

SU: Joan Marie reads for iMoodyCrab

Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

SU: Joan Marie reads for iMoodyCrab

Post by Joan Marie »

Hi! Whenever you are ready, let me know your questions please, or the subject of your inquiry.
Button Soup Tarot, Star & Crown Oracle available @: Rabbit's Moon Tarot 💚
iMoodyCrab
Seer

Re: SU: Joan Marie reads for iMoodyCrab

Post by iMoodyCrab »

Dear Joan Marie,

My query is pertaining to a specific course I want to do, but can't seem to bring myself to start it. I've been considering the course on and off since almost 6 months now. I even found a tutor for online training (it's an IT related course). But somehow something gets in the way and I end up not starting this course. It's a huge career advancement for me if I successfully complete this. Can you centralize the reading based on what is blocking me from taking the first step? I'm now worries the universe is conspiring to ensure I don't even do it!

Appreciate your kind help.
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

I sure will try.
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

Hello! I have decided to use The Spirit Keeper's Tarot because I find it to be especially good with matters of work and education.
iMoodyCrab wrote: 11 Mar 2020, 05:38 My query is pertaining to a specific course I want to do, but can't seem to bring myself to start it. I've been considering the course on and off since almost 6 months now. I even found a tutor for online training (it's an IT related course). But somehow something gets in the way and I end up not starting this course. It's a huge career advancement for me if I successfully complete this. Can you centralize the reading based on what is blocking me from taking the first step? I'm now worries the universe is conspiring to ensure I don't even do it!
tumblr_433bd4aed9f1398180c629d8a12cb3e8_8a3045b5_640.jpg

I have to admit, at first glance, this is a difficult bunch of cards here.

But let's dive in and see if we can figure out what is blocking you.

Influential Energies

The 6 of Swords, The Ferry Man.
This card shows a willingness to take a difficult journey, or at least an acknowledgement that the journey will be difficult. Completing this course is at the base, not so much about the material gain of advancement or the prestige, but is more fundamentally about earning something, earning the success. The journey, the struggle is ultimately what will be the most fulfilling for you.

The 7 of Orbs, The Gardener.
This card is really interesting in combination with the previous because this card is about success unfulfilled. This garden is abstract. It lives in the imagination of the gardener who is satisfied to just dream about it. But it is a very intense dream, it lives within the gardener.

These 2 influences are in conflict. One is about doing and one is about dreaming. One is driving you to complete this course and the other is holding you back, preventing you from letting your desire take form.

Root Causes

10 of Swords: The Destroyer
Well, the 10 of Swords never looks good. In any deck. But in this one, there is some hope.
My first thought was "self-sabotage" but that isn't so helpful. The better question would be "why"?
According to the book with this deck, the largest of the 10 swords is stuck in the anatomical energy switch of the human body, where spirit problems and emotional woulds live. In light of the first 2 cards we looked at, I'm leaning toward spirit problems. Something that makes it easier for you to dream than do when it comes to this course.

Stronghold of the Flame, Herald of the Awakening (Page of Wands)
This is a high energy card. She has wings and an envelope. She wishes to bring you a message of awakening.
With this deck, whenever you draw one of the strongholds, you can draw another card, a clarifier, to tell you the message or omen in the envelope. And the message she carries is about career or employment. So, pretty appropriate.
The envelope please.....

And we drew
The Shining Dew, Waters and Waves (Knight of Cups)

tumblr_667bcbbfe98dcfaed9521687c14ffbfe_01cf1c54_640.jpg

This card is the only Knight card that is actually a Unicorn. And according to the book, this card is about making dreams real. So in light of the 7 of Orbs above, this is an interesting turn. The water is a strong but mercurial energy and relates back to the Ferryman at the beginning. And I think I am starting to understand what the block may be. But lets continue and see if what I'm thinking continues to play out in the last 2 cards.

8 of Chalices, The Defector
Here we have someone abandoning something they have worked very hard for and also the ideals that had motivated them. The figure is heading to the mountains in search of something more spiritual.

Here is what I think I am seeing. As much as you would like to achieve this goal, to complete this course, you have some ambivalence that may stem from a conflict you see between how you see yourself and how you view this role you'd acquire at your job. Something about it doesn't feel like "you." I don't think it's the course that is the problem. I think it is anticipation of what could come afterward that is causing the block.

However, I think the Shining Dew is saying that you can bring yourself to this new position. That your nature could flourish there, if you want it to. if you let it.

The Forecast

5 of Scepters, the Contender

A lot of people vying for the same thing. It may appear to be a competitive situation but it isn't really. Each one brings what they bring. And I feel liek you are represented by the hand at the bottom, different from the others, making your own way.

I think what's blocking you is your self-image and your questioning of how you'd fit into this role you would assume when you complete the course.

Maybe it isn't for you. But I really think it a question of perception, that maybe your view of the role is too limited and it could in fact fit to you, rather than you needing to fit to it.

I hope something there makes sense. Sorry I took so long to get to this. I really hope there is something in here you can use.
-Joan
p.s. And if I have totally missed the mark, please don't be shy to tell me so. ;)

Return to “Seeing the Unseen, Tarot Reading Group: Hosted by Joan Marie”