This forum is officially closed. It will however remain online and active in a limited form for the time being.

GT Practice Group

Charlie Brown
Sage

GT Practice Group

Post by Charlie Brown »

In most cases the Grand Tableau is used to proved a complete picture of person's life over an upcoming time period. In this group, we will cast a GT for a fictional querent and practice our interpretations. No one is expected to do a complete reading of the tableau. Rather, we can all participate to the extent of our interests and capabilities, and offer constructive commentary on other people's approaches.

A Note on Technique:to be clear, we are NOT trying to arrive a single consensus reading or to promote a single way of reading. For example, I neither use nor like houses. One of you may be very experienced as a houses reader. This is DEFINITELY NOT the place for us to debate the utility of the house technique. Instead, we can both do our things and everyone will benefit from seeing what different approaches bring to the table.

However, since this "reading" is meant to encompass the next 4+ months of this fictitious querent's life, I'm afraid that past-present-future approaches to the tableau may be too difficult to include at this time. To do so would, I fear, open us up to too much incompatible cross-talk.

Querent is a man in his Mid-20s single, no children. He wants to know what will happen in his life over the next several months.

FWIW, I use the Moon as my work card
DSC_0022A.jpg
I believe in Crystal Light.
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Re: GT Practice Group

Post by Joan Marie »

So is the idea that we would all use the same spread (the pic you posted) to do the reading for the fictional querent you described?
Button Soup Tarot, Star & Crown Oracle available @: Rabbit's Moon Tarot 💚
Charlie Brown
Sage

Post by Charlie Brown »

Yes. Although there's no need to do the whole reading. That's quite a lot of work. Someone, for example, may want to just look at what is or isn't in store for his love life. Two people might have different ideas and by seeing how they got what they got we might learn some interesting things about approach.

I, for example, see one major issue popping up for him, but I'm going to wait and see if others want to get started.
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

I'm in because I have never done a Grande Tableau and this looks like a good way to start.
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

I know the Grande Tableau is a little intimidating if you've never done it, but this seems like such a fun and low pressure way to get your feet wet with it.

I hope some more of you join in. Charlie Brown has set up a really nice exercise for us.
I'm really looking forward to having a go at this.
Myperception
Sage

Post by Myperception »

I never done this big spread before, and may be very lousy in reading this. Anyway, i still wana give it a try, i am IN !
Charlie Brown
Sage

Post by Charlie Brown »

Myperception wrote: 08 Mar 2020, 03:16 I never done this big spread before, and may be very lousy in reading this. Anyway, i still wana give it a try, i am IN !
Cool. Yeah, I mean it isn't really like a circle. Anyone can just jump in with what they want to share. And, keep in mind, you don't have to do the whole thing. Maybe just focus on one aspect to get started.
qndynes
Sage

Post by qndynes »

Oooh I've been wanting to jump into Lenormand practice readings, that is one area in card reading that I'm not fully versed in. I have only two lennies and I love them to bits but don't use them often, Friar's Delight and Green Glyphs. And I've certainly never done a GT with them. I've only done big spreads with tarot and playing cards. I would love to jump in!

Is there a time frame, do we create a separate thread for each of our reading or just post here?
Thoughts are things, and words have wings.
Charlie Brown
Sage

Post by Charlie Brown »

Just post here and interpret whatever part of the spread that you like. It is a little different from the monthly circles.
Rose Lalonde
Sage

Post by Rose Lalonde »

Thanks for hosting this Charlie Brown!

Disclaimer is that I haven't read Lenormand in years, and I only know one way of reading. Please know that I DON'T think that's the only way... I just don't know a lot about other ways. To jog my memory I've actually laid this out with the practice deck I made during the course (Andy B's).

Jumping in, I'd like to talk about the House touching the Significator, with Storks above the House and Coffin to the right. It looks to me like a near future change in his home/domestic life (Storks - House) prompted by someone who doesn't get along with our sitter (Mountain over Sig / left of Storks). The Coffin to the right of the House also shows an end to the current living situation, and not a welcome change. It leaves him at a crossroads (Roads below House), and an anxious one at that (Roads touching Sig).

I also have a question about this group around the House. --

On the positive side, the Sun is right of Storks and above the Coffin, so influencing it, and near the Sig. For the House I have the note that near the Sig. there's a better chance to overcome bad cards. So Sun and House are both positive. But on the negative side, there's the close Mountain above, and the Coffin ends what's to the left (House) and diminishes the card on the right (Clover).

How do you think that balances out on the positive and negative overall? I get the feeling it's a very unwanted change of address that could even lead to illness (Coffin over Tree), but am I disregarding the Sun and the close proximity of the House too much?

My 'cheat deck' :lol:

GT_mar2020.png
"One mounteth unto the Crown by the moon and by the Sun, and by the arrow, and by the Foundation, and by the dark home of the stars from the black earth." LXV
Myperception
Sage

Post by Myperception »

This is really an interesting reading. I had never done this big piece, though it’s very confusing at first, due to lacking of practice. But I am willingly to brush it up. Let’s try out and see what I see from the whole picture.

Since the Querent (Man) wants to know what will happen in his life over the next several months, so I will focus in future, the right part of the layout, top to bottom.

He seems like leaving his past lifestyle, social group, house or company and adjourned to a new path in life. Along the way he will face some hardship, falling into some trap, also some failure in plan. But all those will require patience to pull through.

There is an opportunity he is going to meet a woman that may seems or he would like to have a relationship with. But it’s better for him to find out more or understand deeper towards the woman, knowing well of her that he can accept completely, before entering into a commitment relationship.

In work he may face a “smart” boss, I am trying to perceive it in more positive way. As long he can keep in mind to work professionally, it could be a stable job, and soon he may have an offer or business that he require to travel or relocate, from abroad he will have a better, happier life, and those people he meet, will be more since or better quality than the people he encountered in past or current.

This is how I look at his future, LOL…. Hopefully it make sense !

My Cheat Deck :lol:

20200315_121416-01_compress79.jpg
qndynes
Sage

Post by qndynes »

Okay, let me juat say this was way funner than I thought it would be.

So this young man has some big shifts in store in the next several months. First, a retrospective change in scenery, a move looms near as this person has been reevaluating where he is and refocusing what he wants moving forward. A deep heartbreak spurs this upcoming move as it looks like his romantic partner passed away some time ago and he has been in mourning. Things are starting to look up and.get clear, and even though he is still not wholly out of deep water, it is gradually getting better. And this new move will help open new opportunities for him in his life . Opportunities both for love and employment. These next couple months are a turning point for his life.
20200317_215707~2(1)_copy_587x490.jpg
Charlie Brown
Sage

Post by Charlie Brown »

Really interesting read. Thanks. The exercise was for everybody to interpret the same GT though, not cast their own.
qndynes
Sage

Post by qndynes »

Charlie Brown wrote: 18 Mar 2020, 02:18 Really interesting read. Thanks. The exercise was for everybody to interpret the same GT though, not cast their own.
Oh! Oh goodness, I missed that part, will go back and look at your GT and post my reading of it.
Charlie Brown
Sage

Post by Charlie Brown »

qndynes wrote: 18 Mar 2020, 14:03 Oh! Oh goodness, I missed that part, will go back and look at your GT and post my reading of it.
If you like. It's useful to see how you did yours too. Just be advised that other people might start reinterpreting it.

Nice deck, btw
qndynes
Sage

Post by qndynes »

Oh yes, will do it tonight, the correct GT.
I would love to hear everyone's take on my own GT reading as well since I've never done anything like it, and my experience with reading Lenormand is little.
qndynes
Sage

Post by qndynes »

Okay so here is my corrected reading for the GT. Layed out the cards as pictured. Please, any and all input welcome as I am learning.

This gentleman in his 20s has quite a heady several months ahead. A reconsideration of values as changing work/home changes push him to re evaluate what he wants moving forward. He's still young but he has ambitions and goals that he wants to start moving towards. A possible changing of jobs or relocation looms ahead, somewhere where he can lay down roots and start paving the way for more things. All in all the next few months ahead are crucial in paving the way for mpre fruitful work and rewards. He is advised to consider wisely his next steps in his job and how he can cultivate a career and home life that brings fulfillment in the long run. As a side note, hidden enemies and obstacles become clear and he is able to better naviagte what he doesn't need in his life.
20200322_215055(1)~2_copy_594x484.jpg

Return to “Lenormand - Reading The Grand Tableau: Hosted by Charlie Brown”