This forum is officially closed. It will however remain online and active in a limited form for the time being.

Majors v Minors: kare reads for Elune

kare
Sage

Majors v Minors: kare reads for Elune

Post by kare »

Hi, Elune,

It's nice to meet you. I hope you are well. What question do you have for the tarot this month?

Thank you.
kare
Elune
Seer

Re: Majors v Minors: kare reads for Elune

Post by Elune »

Hello Kare,

It's nice to meet you. My question for you is, "What life lesson should I currently be working on?

I hope I asked that correctly. You know how each of the Major Arcana represents a life lesson in the Fool's journey? And, I think everyone experiences those same life lessons. So, I just want to know which one I should be focusing on right now.
kare
Sage

Post by kare »

Elune wrote: 15 Feb 2020, 18:51 Hello Kare,

It's nice to meet you. My question for you is, "What life lesson should I currently be working on?

I hope I asked that correctly. You know how each of the Major Arcana represents a life lesson in the Fool's journey? And, I think everyone experiences those same life lessons. So, I just want to know which one I should be focusing on right now.
That sounds great. I think it will fit this activity perfectly. Thank you.
kare
Sage

Post by kare »

Elune wrote: 15 Feb 2020, 18:51 Hello Kare,

Hi, Elune,

I love your question and it was fun doing this sort of reading for it. To start with, instead of doing a spread where each card had its own question to answer, I decided to keep it more simple. Because you asked about a life lesson, and as you noted, each major, and even each minor, can represent a life lesson, I decided to pull a main card from each set that would act as the main answer, but then two additional cards to act as modifiers of/additional insight into that main card.

For the majors, the main card that appeared for the lesson to focus on was Justice. In a broad sense, this card is about taking responsibility for actions or decisions and also following your moral compass in spite of external factors. The two cards that modify or provide extra insight are the reversed Devil and reversed Hanged Man. The Devil can be about how we give up our will, agency or personal respnsibility, especially in the reversed position. The reversed Hanged Man can be a sign that we are stuck in looking at things from a perspectie that is problematic or does not serve us. So I would say that these cards are suggesting that, in order to focus on the lesson of Justice, you should look at the ways in which you get stuck in routines or thought patterns that take away from your sense of personal responsibility. It could even be something like standing up for yourself when it is easier to just keep your head down and accept what is going on. For example, in a workplace where someone is given more than their share of work and they struggle to stay on top of it, Justice would encourage you to speak up for yourself in a positive way, rather than dealing with it in unhealthy ways that lead to failure, burnout, and stress.

In the minors, your life lesson to focus on came out as the Eight of Wands.This card, as a lesson or advice, can be about directing your energy toward a desired outcome. But there's also an element of things moving forward quickly without being sure where they will land, so I think the lesson is really about making sure you are directing things intentionally in order to achieve goals. The cards that modify this are the five of wands and the eight of swords. The five of wands is a card of struggling to bring a vision to life, maybe in the sense that it's a natural part of the creative process, and the eight of swords is about how your own perspective can limit you and hold you back, much like a reversed hanged man. So these extra cards seem to be saying that part of directing your energy successfully involves some struggle and also an evaluation of whether your perspective serves your goal.

I can see how working on the idea of Justice, and the outcomes and consequences of your actions, fits with the 8 of wands--that energy that should be carefully directed toward a goal. Both sets also addressed the idea of struggling as part of that process (devil and five of wands) and of the need to evaluate the healthiness of your perspective and how it might limit your progress (hanged man, eight of swords).

I hope this is helpful. Thank you for letting me do a reading. Tarot is the new Wizards Tarot by Barbara Moore and artist Mieke Janssens.
Attachments
IMG_20200221_201301648.jpg

Return to “Tarot: Majors vs. Minors - Hosted by kare”