This forum is officially closed. It will however remain online and active in a limited form for the time being.

FAN; Genna reads for Joan Marie.

Genna
Seer

FAN; Genna reads for Joan Marie.

Post by Genna »

What is your question, please?
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Re: FAN; Genna reads for Joan Marie.

Post by Joan Marie »

Hi Genna!

I am working on it. Will get back soon!
Button Soup Tarot, Star & Crown Oracle available @: Rabbit's Moon Tarot 💚
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

Genna wrote: 14 Feb 2020, 22:58 What is your question, please?
Oh Genna, I have such a dillema.

I own a record store selling used vinyl records. It's a tough business relying on collectors, and there is a fair amount of competition from other stores and from the internet. I have to work really hard to keep an interesting inventory in order to keep people coming to the shop.

Today I got a call from a woman selling an entire collection so I went to look at it. I get these calls from time to time. Usually the collection belonged to someone who has passed away and the family just want to get rid of it. But this was a different situation entirely.

The collection was the greatest record collection I have ever seen. Several hundred records in perfect condition and all of them collector's item. Rarities, first editions etc. etc. I was amazed but felt sad because I knew it was worth much more than I would ever be able to pay and the woman selling it was only wiling to sell it as a whole collection.

Then she told me the price: $20. For the whole thing. Twenty American Dollars.

She explained that it belonged to her soon-to-be-ex-husband and she was selling it for revenge. It was his life's collection, the thing he loved most in the world. I told her I didn't feel right about this but she assured me he really deserved it, was a terrible person and if I didn't take it someone else would, another record shop probably.

I offered her more money, as much as I could afford but still far less than it was worth, but she wouldn't hear of it. Part of the fun for her is selling it for just $20.

I love records myself (obviously) and would love nothing more than to run away with this amazing collection. But it feels wrong, like bad karma or something. Then again, I will dream of these records the rest of my life if I walk away from this, it could be my greatest regret.

My question is, what should I do? What will I regret more, taking them or not taking them?

Any help you could give me will me so appreciated!! I have to make a decision and will have to live with whatever I choose.

Thank you so much!!
Genna
Seer

Post by Genna »

Dear Joan Marie,
what a very difficult situation.
I read first for buying the collection;

Lilies-Moon-House-Crossroads-Coffin

I read this as you have to do with a sensitive family affair, and that buying the collection would be the wrong way to go. You would not feel like it´s an honourable deal.

For buying the collection I get

Clover-Letter-Mice-Anchor-Cross

If you buy the collection it is suprficious luck but you will end by maybe loosing your business. Maybe the wife´s paperwork isn´t in order so that the collection isn´t hers to sell.
Don´t buy it anyway is my advice.

I used the lovely Friar´s Delight Lenormand.Sorry, I see now that I forgot reading on not buying the collection. I will do that now.

Regards, Genna.
Genna
Seer

Post by Genna »

Sorry, I did two "buying" questions.Not buying the collection;

Tree-Garden- Lady-Sun-Scythe

While staying out of the fishy deal your public persona will shine and you will experience sudden success!

Kind regards, Genna
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

Hi Genna, Thanks for the reading and I think your advice is very accurate.

I took the situation from the Nick Hornby novel, High Fidelity (which was also made into a film and is currently a TV series, which I just watched and enjoyed immensely.)

Yes this was a very tough situation for the record store owner, but she (in the TV series it's a she) just couldn't bring herself to buy the collection. Her logic was music is for everyone, even bad people. (and yes the guy who owned the collection was not a nice guy.)

I also thought the same as you that if she went through with the deal something would go wrong and it would bring a world of trouble on her and her shop. No doubt the husband would have found out where his records went and he'd make trouble for sure.

Your first spread:
Lilies-Moon-House-Crossroads-Coffin

does point to a domestic problem, the end of the road!

The second:

Clover-Letter-Mice-Anchor-Cross

Mice as the center is not a good sign at all! And I agree, it all points only to trouble.

The last spread,

Tree-Garden- Lady-Sun-Scythe

with the Lady as the center is perfect. Yes I agree that getting into this deal, while it may have looked like an amazing gain, would have caused permanent damage to her and her store's reputation.

The cards you drew and your interpretation of them really painted a picture of the difficult dilemma she faced. She chose, and your cards agreed, to take the more difficult path and not give into short term gain but to think on the more lasting effects getting into such a shady deal may have brought.

I will also add this book was extremely popular with the record collecting community and this particular dilemma really tested them. I think it also made them a little nervous about pissing off their wives!

Thank you so much for the reading. I find it amazing how clearly the cards, all three readings, agreed with what actually happened in the story.
Genna
Seer

Post by Genna »

Thank you so much for the feed-back, Joan-Marie!! I´m so I´m so glad that went well! This reading circle was really fun!

Return to “Fanciful Reading with Lenormand: Hosted by Joan Marie”