This forum is officially closed. It will however remain online and active in a limited form for the time being.

FAN : Diana reads for AeonHorus

Diana
Sage

FAN : Diana reads for AeonHorus

Post by Diana »

Hey you !! Am awaiting eagerly your question !
Rumi was asked “which music sound is haram?” Rumi replied, "The sound of tablespoons playing in the pots of the rich, which are heard by the ears of the poor and hungry." (haram means forbidden)
AeonHorus
Sybil

Re: FAN : Diana reads for AeonHorus

Post by AeonHorus »

Diana wrote: 11 Feb 2020, 18:12 Hey you !! Am awaiting eagerly your question !
Hi Diana
Let me think about my question and I will also give some thought in to a little back story about the persona will choose to be ;)

I'll give it some thought tonight and let you know in the morning Chinese time.
Where you from ?
So I can gauge the time difference :)

Aeon
Aeon Horus
Cosmological
Psychologist

Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law.

Love is the law, love under will.

The nature of Will is Love, and it is brought to fruition through Love.
Diana
Sage

Post by Diana »

AeonHorus wrote: 12 Feb 2020, 13:11
I'll give it some thought tonight and let you know in the morning Chinese time.
Where you from ?
So I can gauge the time difference :)

Aeon
I'm in Switzerland. I think you're confined because of the virus, is that correct ? Are you okay or are you going mad with boredom ?
Rumi was asked “which music sound is haram?” Rumi replied, "The sound of tablespoons playing in the pots of the rich, which are heard by the ears of the poor and hungry." (haram means forbidden)
AeonHorus
Sybil

Post by AeonHorus »

OK so I am 7 hours in the future :lol:

Anyway so about this little scenario I thought about this last night long and hard...

So, I'm thinking "Wolf of Wall Street" and I'm gonna assume the character of Jordan Belfort.

Hi Diana
My name is Jordan and I am here in NYC, Manhattan. I work as an entry level trader on Wall Street and I am currently heavily invested (over $10 million U.S) in some of the fashion giants such as GAP, Gucci, etc. Most of which have their manufacturing done in China. Now since this Corona Virus has taken a grip on China, most of which is on lockdown including the cities where most of the clothing manufacturers are based. This has obviously slowed down production to a standstill and orders are now in a total backlog and no new product is coming onto the high streets.
This is having a very negative effect on the trading of stocks in not only Chinese companies but also the American companies that are based over there.
So my question to you Diana is...

What action should I take on behalf of my clients to minimise losses during the next 6 months?

I thank you kindly in advance for this

Jordan Belfort
Junior Trader
Wall Street
Aeon Horus
Cosmological
Psychologist

Diana
Sage

Post by Diana »

Dear Jordan,

Sorry to hear about your troubles. Corona up to now was a beer for me. Usually drunk with a slice of lemon or lime. It's a much nicer thing than a virus.

So I asked Le Petit Lenormand what action you should take on behalf of your clients to minimise losses during the next 6 months?

And I got :

The Tree - The Snake - The Coffin - The Sun - The Road

Lenormand Aeon Horus.jpg

Your investments are safe. Don't do anything with them now. You're going to be tempted to maybe sell or diversify. Don't. You'll get into even more rocky waters if you do.

Things are tough now. There's no way to really feel secure. The storm is too big. Best thing is to take shelter until it passes.

Because soon the Sun will come out. The virus will burn out by itself. And when it's over... when things are looking up and the stock market is settled, you will reap richly the rewards of your patience and your clients can continue investing for the frivolities of the rich and foolish.
AeonHorus
Sybil

Post by AeonHorus »

Hahaha
Nice one Diana
The half-truths in the scenario really brought it together I think.
I just wish that it was the investment parts that were the truth in the story and the virus the BS, and not the other way around :lol:

Anyway thank you.
Wish I could read back for you ... Can I ?
Aeon Horus
Cosmological
Psychologist

Charlie Brown
Sage

Post by Charlie Brown »

Those are some crazy f*ing cards? Is that a Grand Jeu? I've only ever heard of such a thing.
I believe in Crystal Light.
Diana
Sage

Post by Diana »

AeonHorus wrote: 18 Feb 2020, 03:41 Hahaha
Nice one Diana
The half-truths in the scenario really brought it together I think.
I just wish that it was the investment parts that were the truth in the story and the virus the BS, and not the other way around :lol:

Anyway thank you.
Wish I could read back for you ... Can I ?
Nope, you can't read for me. Joan Marie is doing the reading for me. It's a reading circle, not an exchange.

Now, I want to know. Is this Jordan a real character in the movie ? I may have seen this movie, but if I did, it went in one ear and out the other.

As you invented the scenario, I don't think there's much feedback you can give me whether the reading had any bearing on the situation. I think that's what one is supposed to do in this circle. Take a real event from a book or story or film or whatever, and then describe some dilemma of one of the characters for the reader to solve. But it was fun doing this reading so all good.
AeonHorus
Sybil

Post by AeonHorus »

Diana wrote: 18 Feb 2020, 08:19
Take a real event from a book or story or film or whatever, and then describe some dilemma of one of the characters for the reader to solve. But it was fun doing this reading so all good.
Oh now that I didn't realise but what I will be is give you a breakdown as if it were a real reading, understanding the position I am in here at this time may help lol
Aeon Horus
Cosmological
Psychologist

Diana
Sage

Post by Diana »

Charlie Brown wrote: 18 Feb 2020, 05:00 Those are some crazy f*ing cards? Is that a Grand Jeu? I've only ever heard of such a thing.
Now it's called Le Petit Lenormand. Jeu de cartes divinatoires d'après la méthode admirablement simplifée de Mlle LENORMAND. It's a Grimaud/France Cartes publication. Grimaud I think belongs to France Cartes now.

The cards are very small. That is why I suppose it's called the Petit Lenormand. (For non French speakers, "petit" means small.) I can find it any reputable bookshop that sells Tarot cards.

It is apparently an exact but miniature replica of the Grand Jeu.

The cards are so full of information. One almost needs a magnifying glass to read the writing on the small cards.

They're very odd. The Ship for instance has no depiction of a ship or even water on it. There's no Mountain on the mountain. In fact, most of the cards don't depict at all the title of the cards.

Petit lenormand.jpg

I thought this was the normal Lenormand. But your surprise indicates that it's not. I really know nothing about this deck. I need to look more into it.

I don't really know what to do with this deck practically. I doubt it will ever come in useful. I think I should buy the "normal" one whatever that is. Or stick to the Friar's Delight. Do you want it? I can send it to you as a gift if you want. It's got the key words in English and in French.

They translated "Les Poissons" by "The Fishes". They didn't have a very good translator. Unless the fact that there are more than one fish is important and they used this odd translation to stress that point.
AeonHorus
Sybil

Post by AeonHorus »

Diana wrote: 17 Feb 2020, 20:37 Dear Jordan,
Sorry to hear about your troubles. Corona up to now was a beer for me. Usually drunk with a slice of lemon or lime. It's a much nicer thing than a virus.
Yes me too, many a happy summertime memories dashed into the rocks now because of this.

So I asked Le Petit Lenormand what action you should take on behalf of your clients to minimise losses during the next 6 months?

And I got :

The Tree - The Snake - The Coffin - The Sun - The Road

Lenormand Aeon Horus.jpg
Your investments are safe. Don't do anything with them now. You're going to be tempted to maybe sell or diversify. Don't. You'll get into even more rocky waters if you do.
Well thank the good lord for that, this is also what a few of my senior colleagues have been advising me to do. Why just the other day I was talking about selling some (if not all) of one of my biggest clients China stocks, but my mentor advised me strictly "not to sell" so yes this really is something to hear it from the cards as well.
Things are tough now. There's no way to really feel secure. The storm is too big. Best thing is to take shelter until it passes.
Yes I feel that we must all just hang in there. Luckily (for us on Wall Street that is) that this isn't just contained within the walls of China no more and it is becoming world wide (ouch is that even the right thing to say, Oh well I'm a trader and have zero conscience haha). So many stocks have been affected to the negative. So yes we are all just riding out this squall!
Because soon the Sun will come out. The virus will burn out by itself. And when it's over... when things are looking up and the stock market is settled, you will reap richly the rewards of your patience and your clients can continue investing for the frivolities of the rich and foolish.
So there is a glimmer of hope for everyone, even the rich n foolish phew

Hahaha

Thank you Diana :D
Aeon Horus
Cosmological
Psychologist

Charlie Brown
Sage

Post by Charlie Brown »

That's a very generous offer. I think you should keep it for the time being at least and then maybe send it to me at a later date if you still want to part with it. It's a very historical deck and you like that.

That deck is wholly unrelated to what is normally referred to as "Lenormand" The decks we use here (and which Friar's is based off of) is properly known as the petit jeu. So, it was a little inadvertently deceptive to call your miniature grand jeu petit. As far as I understand, that deck was released at about the same time as the 'normal' Lenormand. Both used the name to capitalize on the deceased lady's fame. IIUC, It was very popular among serious card readers until one or other of the wars.

Speaking for me, I tend to be pretty fussy about only wanting 'traditional' Lenormand decks and don't particularly care for modern interpretations. The Ciro Marchetti decks, for example, are anathema to me. In candor, I only ordered Friar's Delight because I wanted to support Joan Marie. BUT...I love Friar's Delight. It reads great and visually functions in much the same ways as the 19th century decks I otherwise prefer. If you do want another Lenormand, however, I've actually just posted a Dondorff to you via Book Depository. It should arrive in a week or two.
Diana
Sage

Post by Diana »

I think they call it Petit because the cards are so tiny.

Now that is a SUPER duper thing you did there for me. You've ordered me a Dondorff to be delivered to my door.

THANK YOU CHARLIE BROWN!!!!

I will go and look at Ciro Marchetti's Lenormands out of interest. But if they're anything like his Tarot decks, I will probably run away fast. I've never liked his decks. Talented artist of course. And he's sort of part of the Tarot furniture now - he's found his place and has been around for a long time now.

Edited to add : yep, they're like his tarot decks. I ran away.
Charlie Brown
Sage

Post by Charlie Brown »

You're welcome, DIana. FWIW, I'm not trying to disparage Ciro M by any means, his stuff just isn't what I'm interested in for Lenormand reading.
Diana
Sage

Post by Diana »

Charlie Brown wrote: 18 Feb 2020, 19:42 You're welcome, DIana. FWIW, I'm not trying to disparage Ciro M by any means, his stuff just isn't what I'm interested in for Lenormand reading.
Oh you would never do any disparaging Charlie Brown. I know you. You're too nice for that.

You leave the disparaging to me. 😎
Diana
Sage

Post by Diana »

Charlie Brown wrote: 18 Feb 2020, 16:12 If you do want another Lenormand, however, I've actually just posted a Dondorff to you via Book Depository. It should arrive in a week or two.
Charlie Brown, the postman has just brought me the Dondorff. Am thrilled to bits !! I look forward to reading with it. Thank you so much. That was really a lovely thing you did there for me.
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

Charlie Brown wrote: 18 Feb 2020, 05:00 Those are some crazy f*ing cards? Is that a Grand Jeu? I've only ever heard of such a thing.
I've posted this video clip before so forgive me if you've seen it already. It's the open title sequence to one of my favourite films of all time, Cleo from 5 to 7 by Agnes Varda. That it opens with this tarot reading is only one reason I love it so much. (The scene where Cleo tries on hats in a 1960s Paris hat shop is my favourite scene, but I digress.)

The reason I'm posting it here is because the tarot reading begins with what I am pretty certain is the Grand Jeu.
I've never seen a real one. I understand though that the distinguishing feature is the constellations that appear on all but the signifier cards.

Anyway, enjoy this clip:

Button Soup Tarot, Star & Crown Oracle available @: Rabbit's Moon Tarot 💚

Return to “Fanciful Reading with Lenormand: Hosted by Joan Marie”