This forum is officially closed. It will however remain online and active in a limited form for the time being.

TdM: Charlie Brown reads for Qndynes

Charlie Brown
Sage

TdM: Charlie Brown reads for Qndynes

Post by Charlie Brown »

Hello, hello.
I believe in Crystal Light.
qndynes
Sage

Re: TdM: Charlie Brown reads for Qndynes

Post by qndynes »

Hello! :D
So a question, hm, let me see...
What is blocking my creativity and how can I overcome this? Hm, two questions. What is holding me back creatively and maybe the subsequent answer, the how, can be gleaned through the what.
Thoughts are things, and words have wings.
Charlie Brown
Sage

Post by Charlie Brown »

So, first, a bit of a disclaimer... I wanted to do this month's activity because I don't feel very confident reading pairs and I wanted the practice.

Although I think the instructions said to pick a major, the idea of a creative block seemed to be perfectly embodied by the 10 of Wands. Therefore I chose that as the key card.

7 of Wands - Knight of Swords - 10 of Wands - 5 of Swords - Ace of Cups (PHOTO TO COME)

Knight of Swords + 5 of Swords: This is, I think, the crux of the issue. You're simply pushing too hard. Like the knight, you're racing forward trying to do something to break up the current state of affairs (5 of swords). Think about the five of swords and how it follows the four. The four is very static and peaceful if, perhaps, a little numbing. In the five then, we see that central sword literally breaking the peace of the four. Like that knight, you're pushing and thrashing and trying to add some dynamism into your creative life but it just hasn't been happening. That wall represented in the 10 of Wands just isn't falling.

Moving on then, we have the 7 of Wands + the Ace of Cups. With two swords in the first pair, you seem to have a mental image of what you should be doing and/or how you want to do it, but nothing seems to be happening. The swords' frontal attack does not get you over the wall. This pair tells me that you need to shift your approach and introduce some new kind of variable into the equation in order to create some kind of artistic friction that will be provocative to your creative juices. Don't keep working in the way you've worked before. Don't let your ideas about creativity get in the way of actually acting creatively.

As a follow up, I asked: What new creative stimulus does Qndynes need? I drew The Moon + Judgement. I have some notions, but I'll leave it to you to ascertain the meaning.
qndynes
Sage

Post by qndynes »

Charlie Brown wrote: 23 Feb 2020, 21:45 So, first, a bit of a disclaimer... I wanted to do this month's activity because I don't feel very confident reading pairs and I wanted the practice.

Although I think the instructions said to pick a major, the idea of a creative block seemed to be perfectly embodied by the 10 of Wands. Therefore I chose that as the key card.

7 of Wands - Knight of Swords - 10 of Wands - 5 of Swords - Ace of Cups (PHOTO TO COME)

Knight of Swords + 5 of Swords: This is, I think, the crux of the issue. You're simply pushing too hard. Like the knight, you're racing forward trying to do something to break up the current state of affairs (5 of swords). Think about the five of swords and how it follows the four. The four is very static and peaceful if, perhaps, a little numbing. In the five then, we see that central sword literally breaking the peace of the four. Like that knight, you're pushing and thrashing and trying to add some dynamism into your creative life but it just hasn't been happening. That wall represented in the 10 of Wands just isn't falling.

Moving on then, we have the 7 of Wands + the Ace of Cups. With two swords in the first pair, you seem to have a mental image of what you should be doing and/or how you want to do it, but nothing seems to be happening. The swords' frontal attack does not get you over the wall. This pair tells me that you need to shift your approach and introduce some new kind of variable into the equation in order to create some kind of artistic friction that will be provocative to your creative juices. Don't keep working in the way you've worked before. Don't let your ideas about creativity get in the way of actually acting creatively.

As a follow up, I asked: What new creative stimulus does Qndynes need? I drew The Moon + Judgement. I'll leave it to you to ascertain the meaning.
Oh goodness, this is excellent. You've read the cards beautifully. First, thank you! The 10 of wands is definitely appropriate given the situation, I certainly feel like I'm going through a 10 of wands moment.
I have to say the 2 cards highlighting the crux of the issue really packed a punch, in a good waking up way. IT illustrates clearly what I'm trying to do and what I keep pushing for to no avail. It's too forced, too cold and not enough despite how much I'm striving for pushing the boundaries of the 5 swords. It's interesting that it's the 5 swords here at the crux, because it is such a contentious card, it sits right in the middle of the entire suit. I do feel like the knight trying to push through and falling short.

And I love that the medicine for this is in the two following pairs 7 of wands and ace of cups. How encouraging and refreshing to see the ace of cups here. Will take it to heart. I need to approach the re-fueling of my creative flow by different means, trying different things, shifting my approach and adding new variables into the mix as you say.

And to end with the moon and judgement, wow. How powerful is that. Will certainly be sitting with this and taking your reading to heart. Thinking of practical ways to set this into motion to get things flowing better or just flowing smoothly creatively. Thank you for such an insightful reading Charlie Brown. Thank you! :D
Thoughts are things, and words have wings.
Charlie Brown
Sage

Post by Charlie Brown »

You're welcome. Your satisfaction has made my day!

Return to “Tarot de Marseille Group: Hosted by Charlie Brown”