This forum is officially closed. It will however remain online and active in a limited form for the time being.

dodalisque reads for Tomatosauce - Celtic Cross

dodalisque
Sage

dodalisque reads for Tomatosauce - Celtic Cross

Post by dodalisque »

Hi there. I think this is the first time we have read for each other. I notice from your profile that you like Indie decks and intuitive readings, so I will probably pick an unusual deck for your reading that I don't know very well. I'm happy to do a general reading if you have no particularly pressing issues in your life right now. Maybe that reading will identify a more specific area that we can analyse more fully with extra cards. I'm also happy to read about a problem facing a character from TV, fiction or history. The Lenormand reading circle has been experimenting with this idea recently and it looks fun. I always find thinking up a question the hardest part of these readings.
Tomatosauce
Sybil

Re: dodalisque reads for Tomatosauce - Celtic Cross

Post by Tomatosauce »

Hi, sorry to disappear. A General reading would be lovely. :)
dodalisque
Sage

Post by dodalisque »

I will apologise for this reading before I even start because the cards that showed up seem to be forcing me to talk about romance. Strange that both of us should have drawn lots of Wands for each other. We even picked some of the same cards: Knight and Queen of Wands and the 6 of Swords. The Knight is even in the same position in both readings.

I generally think of Wands as "energy" - "the force that through the green fuse drives the flower," as Dylan Thomas says - but that can be the creative energy necessary to make art, or the energy it takes to run a successful business, or the physical energy and enthusiasm it takes to keep plugging along as one moves towards retirement age as I am. But in this reading romance seems to be the subject under discussion. The Lovers is the central card, the Knight and Queen of Wands came up next to each other in the draw, and there are three 6s among the minor cards, which is the number in the kabbalah usually associated with love.

IMG_1387.JPG

1) The central issue: The Lovers (VI)
Self-explanatory.

2) The other side of the central issue: 3 of Wands
Your current relationship is not only emotionally rewarding (Lovers), but also sexually satisfying. The best of both worlds. You may even be exploring new territory like those distant ships in the bay. The wands are planted in the ground to suggest that you feel happy to be monogamous and committed to your partner. On the 2 of Wands the main figure has the world in the palm of his hands but has not yet decided where to apply his energy, but the man on the 3 of Wands is wearing travelling clothes and is about to choose the direction of his life's journey.

3) The recent past: 6 of Wands
As I said above, the number 6 in the kabbalah is associated with love, so to have the Lovers card - card VI - between the 6 of Wands and 6 of Swords suggests you are both sexually and intellectually compatible. The 6 of Wands is traditionally the card of "victory". The main character on the horse is being cheered on by his supporters, so your partner, whom you have "won", is also approved of by your friends.

4) The near future: 6 of Swords
Interesting the way the people's backs are turned to us on the 3 of Wands and 6 of Swords, as though the two of you are happy to be private and peaceful together. I find the 6 of Swords the most serene and poetic card in the RWS deck. The two of you are undertaking a long slow journey together. The pole the man is using to propel the boat is another wand. If the water in the river relates to emotions, then the feeling between you is one of calm. There is a sense of devotion and protectiveness in the image.

5) What you think is happening: Knight of Wands
6) What is happening beneath the surface: Queen of Wands
To have the Knight and Queen of Wands together like this, linking the masculine and the feminine, the intellectual and the emotional, within a highly charged sexual relationship, reiterates the idea of the intense mutual admiration and passion you feel for each other. The Knight of Wands in this position implies that you know he's attracted to you. And the Queen of Wands is your knowledge that you are attracted to him.

7) Your general character: 10 of Cups
There is a child on the 6 of Swords and two children on the 10 of Cups. This card tells us that you have always had a dream to be in a committed long-term relationship with a family, so your dream seems to be in the process of coming true. Again the backs of this couple are turned to us. They are living for each other. This card seems to show us where the couple on the 6 of Swords finally settle when they reach land.

8) The world you live in: 5 of Coins
You don't have a lot of money - neither does the couple on the 6 of Swords or the two beggars on the 6 of Coins - but you have each other, and that is enough to help you through the tough times.

9) Hopes and fears: 7 of Swords
This is traditionally the card of deception. Perhaps in a previous relationship you were the victim of dishonesty and lies, and this has made you afraid of giving your trust to someone new. But these are just your fears and from the cards it seems you do not have anything to worry about.

10) Likely outcome: 6 of Coins
This is the card of generosity. The shortage of money is again an issue, but perhaps a gift from a relative or a contribution from another source will enable you to keep going.

The first six cards, the cross shape, are a picture of a wonderful relationship, whereas, balancing this, the theme of the upright staff of 4 cards is about facing practical financial difficulties. The 6 of Coins suggests that you both have a willingness to share, and that in the face of all conflicts you will survive together and your love will triumph.
Tomatosauce
Sybil

Post by Tomatosauce »

What a delightful reading! My spouse and child are indeed both great sources of joy in my life. :)

The one thing that struck me as not exactly aligned with my experience here is the take on the 5 and 6 of Pentacles- we did some assessment this year of our financial situation and realized that actually, we're doing better than we thought, and as a result we're starting to work harder at sharing our resources and being more intentionally generous, because not everyone around us is doing as well. We live in an urban area with a lot of inequality, so we're being as intentional as we can about sharing and keeping our money in our community when possible, and teaching our child those values as well.

Thanks for this. It was a lovely way to start my Wednesday.
dodalisque
Sage

Post by dodalisque »

Thank you. Now the 5 and 6 of Coins make perfect sense.

Return to “Using The Celtic Cross, Jan 2020: Hosted by Kare”