This forum is officially closed. It will however remain online and active in a limited form for the time being.

Rachelcat reads for Elune: Celtic Cross

Rachelcat
Sage

Rachelcat reads for Elune: Celtic Cross

Post by Rachelcat »

Hi, there! Do you have a question for me?

Also, I'm going to try to use Waite's version of the Celtic cross https://sacred-texts.com/tarot/pkt/pkt0307.htm, so it looks like the second thing I need to ask you is do you have a significator? Pick a court card or other card that you would like to represent you, or tell me your birthday, and I'll use the court card that goes with that date, according to the Golden Dawn.

Our other choice is a significator that represents the topic, not the questioner, but I'm not really clear on when to use which, so let's stick with one representing you.

Whew! That's all the questions for now! I look forward to reading for you!
Please join us in This Week's Deck!

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
Elune
Seer

Re: Rachelcat reads for Elune: Celtic Cross

Post by Elune »

Hello there! I'm really excited to have you read for me. As far as a significator card, I believe the Page of Cups is the best for me personally. As far as my question, I saw that the Celtic Cross works with very specific questions, so I will try that. (If my question is terrible for this spread, please let me know and I will try again.)

Right now in my life, I lack direction and purpose. I feel kind of lost. I have all of these new elements in my life and I don't know what to do with them...or myself. I want to know what I need to focus on right now, I guess, to get me headed in the right direction...towards my life purpose.
Rachelcat
Sage

Post by Rachelcat »

That looks like a perfect question! I will work on it shortly!

Rachelcat
Sage

Post by Rachelcat »

Here's your reading!

Elune 1-19-20.jpg

What do you need to focus on to work toward your life purpose?

I cut the deck on your significator, Page of Cups, and dealt out the rest of the cards in order.

Cover, 9 of Wands
The atmosphere you feel yourself in is that there are too many things going on and you don’t know how to handle them. Just as you said!

Cross, Queen of Pentacles
The obstacle to your knowing what to do is that you want to be able to provide for yourself and others, but you don’t know what would be best for everyone.

Crown, Queen of Swords
Your aim or ideal is to be someone who is in control by truly understanding the real situation, the people involved, and what those people want.

Beneath, Hermit
The foundation of the confusion or problem you find yourself in is that you are used to taking care of yourself, physically and spiritually, but now you have to include others in your understanding and actions aimed at the best way of living your life.

Behind, 8 of Wands
In the past, you were able to get things done quickly and efficiently because you were acting only for yourself.

Before, 7 of Pentacles
Now and in the future, you will have to slow down and take more time before acting, either to consider the needs of others or to wait until others have done their part before you can do yours.

Yourself, 8 of Pentacles
You know that you are capable of working and making things happen, and you want to be doing that. That’s one reason why you feel like you’re lost. You’re used to getting things done, and now you’re not.

House, 6 of Cups
Here are those other people I’ve been talking about! You care about them, and they care about you, but they’re not as mature as you are. As the 7 of Pentacles says, you might have to wait and be patient until they catch up with your thoughts and feelings on what to do.

Hopes and Fears, 4 of Swords
You’re afraid that nothing is ever going to happen or get done! Or that you’re not able to communicate your ideas of your goals. You hope that you can take a break and rest from worrying about the future and your life purpose for a while.

Result, 7 of Swords
You will be able to move on from this time of confusion and being overwhelmed (toward the future, the direction the Page is facing). One of the keys is to think things through logically. Don’t be sidetracked by the emotions of the 6 of Cups or the monetary concerns of the Queen of Pentacles. You will move on, but will have to leave some swords, that is ideals, behind in order to do that. There will be an element of “fake it ‘til you make it” involved, in that you might not know exactly what to do in all circumstances, but you have a better sense of it than the others involved, therefore you should lead the charge.

I get the feeling yours is a temporary confusion, perhaps caused by the fact that you haven’t really thought of yourself as a leader before. But once you accept that role, the way will become clear, and you will act in a way that is best for all involved.

I hope this all makes sense and is helpful to you. Let me know what you think!

Elune
Seer

Post by Elune »

Hey there! Thank you for taking the time to do this reading for me! (I can't see well enough to quote you for each of the cards like you did so beautifully in your review, so I'm just going to write it all out. I hope that you don't mind.)

Right now, there are three main things that I can focus on: becoming a freelance proofreader, working on myself (physical, mental, spiritual,etc.) or working on tarot. I have a one-year-old and I'm a full time stay at home mom, so time is very limited and honestly at the end of the day, I am exhausted. So, I definitely have a lot going on.

I had to stop working a couple of years ago because of my eyesight and I"ve felt guilty for putting so much pressure on my husband financially. I am constantly looking for a way to help, even though my husband insists that I not do that. I still really want to.

For the majority of my life, I had to find a way to even get my basic necessities taken care of and now that I am in a comfortable, stable situation, I don't know where to focus all of my resourcefulness. I used to constantly find myself in situations where the rug was pulled out from under me and I had to act quickly to get a new rug under me.

I'm happy to know that I will eventually be able to make sense of everything and start moving forward in the future.

I really appreciate you taking the time to read for me and I hope that you have a great rest of your day!

Return to “Using The Celtic Cross, Jan 2020: Hosted by Kare”