This forum is officially closed. It will however remain online and active in a limited form for the time being.

Elune's Celtic Cross Reading For Rachelcat

Elune
Seer

Elune's Celtic Cross Reading For Rachelcat

Post by Elune »

Hello Rachelcat,

It is a pleasure to be reading for you. I am going to be very upfront with you and let you know that I am a beginner. I will do my absolute best, but I just want to make sure your expectation is set very low for this.

What is your question?
Rachelcat
Sage

Re: Elune's Celtic Cross Reading For Rachelcat

Post by Rachelcat »

I expect that you will do very well as a beginner!

But I will try to throw you a softball question. The least I can do for a beginner. ;)

I've just started my second week of an 8-week health challenge activity at my gym: Every day we have to record our sleep, water intake, exercise, and fruits and veggies, and also journal and do activities relating to health. My question is: Is this paperwork-intensive non-work activity going to do something good for me and my health, or am I just wasting time (that I could be using for tarot stuff!)?

Let me know what you come up with!
Please join us in This Week's Deck!

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
Elune
Seer

Post by Elune »

Hi there! Thank you for providing me with your question. I am going to take my time with this and do the best I can. I haven't picked the deck that I am going to use yet, but I will let you know which one I think feels right for your reading. I will go post pictures as well.

I will be using the following guide for the spread:

http://www.learntarot.com/ccross.htm
Elune
Seer

Post by Elune »

20200114_194137.jpg
Elune
Seer

Post by Elune »

Are you wasting your time with this, paperwork-intensive non-work activity to improve your health?

1. The ten of wands, which is the heart of the matter, shows that right now, you feel quite burdened. The guy in the card is carrying weight, which I think represents your weight. Carrying extra weight, no matter how little, gets heavy after a while. Imagine just carrying a five-pound weight around…all day, every day. He is looking down, which is a sign of low self-esteem. (I know this look all too well.) So, instead of looking forward to where he is going, he is looking straight down. He cannot see where he is going and if he cannot see where he is going, that means he cannot see the end of the road- the prize, the goal. When I look at this card, I feel…heavy inside my chest, like it’s hard to breathe because the air is thick…stagnant. If he can’t see where he is going then he is essentially stuck. I feel like this represents you right now. Stuck, stagnant and carrying a heavy weighted burden that you are all too eager to put down. The good news is that you, like the man in the card are not ready to give up. Slow and steady wins the race. Being that this card is a ten, it means that you are at the end of this cycle in your life and you are at the finish line, which is why you keep going.

2. The Eight of Cups shows a man, staring out at the moon in deep reflection. He is all alone and is considering the journey ahead of him tomorrow. He is wondering if he can do it. If he can reach his goal. Should he give up or go on? The eight cups show exactly how emotional he is about this situation. He has come so far. Can he actually make it? He literally has to climb a mountain. He has tried to climb that mountain over and over again, yet here he sits….still at the bottom. So, the challenge that you face right now is climbing that mountain. You are faced with the challenge of wondering to yourself, is it even worth it to try one more time? Especially when you have no faith that it will work. Though you have no faith right now, you do have hope. Faith is knowing that it will work out whereas hope is wanting it to.

3. In the past, you have struggled with self-discipline and willpower as shown with The Chariot, which is what has directly led to you being in the current state of the Ten of Wands.

4. I believe that the outcome is going to be fantastic!! The Four of Wands is a great card for the future because it shows that you will climb the mountain!!! I do believe that if you actually commit to this program and do all of the paper-work, that you will achieve the results you seek. This venture is definitely not going to be a waste of your time.

5. You desire to be like the King of Cups at the end of this journey. In control of your emotions. In charge of your life. You desire to be successful and based on the cards in this spread, I truly believe that you will be.

6. The Emperor is the quality that you need to embrace while facing this upcoming challenge. Think of yourself as the boss of your life, not the employee. You have to take charge. If your job was to make sure that someone completed a program, how would you handle it? If your employee didn’t want to take the time to fill out their paperwork, how would you handle that situation? If they didn’t want to follow the rules or if they wanted to only do a partial job, what would you do? Be The Emperor. Embrace The Emperor. Take control and command yourself to do this.

7. You could love yourself, as presented by the Lovers card. Being that this is a Major Arcana card, I think this is an important life lesson for you. I’ve been listening to a book lately called, Turn Your Pain Into Art by Ariel Bloomer and she talks about treating yourself like you love yourself. Just as you put yourself in the shoes of the Emperor with the previous card, put yourself in the shoes of the Lovers….If someone you loved needed to achieve a goal and they needed to do some paperwork in order to achieve that goal, how would you treat them? Would you be encouraging? Would you be patient? Forgiving? Do these things because you love yourself and if you honestly do not feel like you love yourself right now, pretend that you are loving someone else. Spiritual role play. Blend strength and love to get yourself to where you need to be. If you don’t feel like logging something, step outside yourself (talk in the third person if it helps) Rachelcat (sorry, I don’t know your name) I know that you don’t feel like writing down the fact that you just drank water, or you don’t think that writing this down is going to help, but do it for me, please. I love you and I want you to be your best self.

8. This card shows that you are loved. You are an important part of a family unit. Other people see you as an important part of their life. So, your goal is not only really important to you, but it’s important to the people that love and care for you.

9. The best way for you to proceed, according to the Nine of Wands is to be resilient, be strong. It’s interesting that the first card was the ten of wands and at this part of the journey, you are only holding one…you’ve put eight of them down and seemingly lost one, lol. The man in this card is wearing a bandage, which shows that it will be a struggle getting to this point in your journey, but imagine how good you are going to feel with a lighter load!!!!

10. The only way that you are going to reach your goal (and by all of the wonderful cards in this spread, I do feel like you can) is by first freeing yourself from your doubts and fears. The Eight of Swords shows a woman who is bound, but she is surrounded by swords. All she has to do is pick up a sword…just one sword and set herself free.

I feel like it will do you a lot of good to complete this program. You just have to follow the advice laid out in the cards. Be strong and resilient. Treat yourself as the CEO of the situation, but show yourself love, kindness, and patience. Remember that you are loved and that it is important that you love yourself. In the end, the paperwork will be worth the time and effort.

Side note: I'm really nervous about this reading. I felt like I really understood the cards and that they flowed really well together and told a story, but because I'm so new at this, I'm worried that I took the interpretation in the wrong direction.

I look forward to your feedback.
Rachelcat
Sage

Post by Rachelcat »

This is such a spot-on reading! The details:
Elune wrote: 15 Jan 2020, 02:051. The ten of wands, which is the heart of the matter, shows that right now, you feel quite burdened. The guy in the card is carrying weight, which I think represents your weight. Carrying extra weight, no matter how little, gets heavy after a while. Imagine just carrying a five-pound weight around…all day, every day. He is looking down, which is a sign of low self-esteem. (I know this look all too well.) So, instead of looking forward to where he is going, he is looking straight down. He cannot see where he is going and if he cannot see where he is going, that means he cannot see the end of the road- the prize, the goal. When I look at this card, I feel…heavy inside my chest, like it’s hard to breathe because the air is thick…stagnant. If he can’t see where he is going then he is essentially stuck. I feel like this represents you right now. Stuck, stagnant and carrying a heavy weighted burden that you are all too eager to put down. The good news is that you, like the man in the card are not ready to give up. Slow and steady wins the race. Being that this card is a ten, it means that you are at the end of this cycle in your life and you are at the finish line, which is why you keep going.
I like the way you feel this card! And yes, I feel like I’m almost to the end, and maybe that’s why I don’t want to keep trying . . .
Elune wrote: 15 Jan 2020, 02:052. The Eight of Cups shows a man, staring out at the moon in deep reflection. He is all alone and is considering the journey ahead of him tomorrow. He is wondering if he can do it. If he can reach his goal. Should he give up or go on? The eight cups show exactly how emotional he is about this situation. He has come so far. Can he actually make it? He literally has to climb a mountain. He has tried to climb that mountain over and over again, yet here he sits….still at the bottom. So, the challenge that you face right now is climbing that mountain. You are faced with the challenge of wondering to yourself, is it even worth it to try one more time? Especially when you have no faith that it will work. Though you have no faith right now, you do have hope. Faith is knowing that it will work out whereas hope is wanting it to.
I know that health practices work (I lost 40 pounds on Weight Watchers about 2 years ago), I just don’t know about this one! But yes, I hope it gives me another tool to keep going.
Elune wrote: 15 Jan 2020, 02:053. In the past, you have struggled with self-discipline and willpower as shown with The Chariot, which is what has directly led to you being in the current state of the Ten of Wands.
Oh, yes! My problem is the old “all or nothing.” I’m either ALL willpower and discipline or none. Which is not the right way to be when you’re trying to MAINTAIN healthful habits . . . Great interp of the Chariot!
Elune wrote: 15 Jan 2020, 02:054. I believe that the outcome is going to be fantastic!! The Four of Wands is a great card for the future because it shows that you will climb the mountain!!! I do believe that if you actually commit to this program and do all of the paper-work, that you will achieve the results you seek. This venture is definitely not going to be a waste of your time.
Good to know! Yes, now that I’m more in the groove of doing it every day, I can see that it is actually helping me. 4 of Wands can mean organization (4) of energy (wands), which is what this practice is helping me do, organize my energy to a goal.
Elune wrote: 15 Jan 2020, 02:055. You desire to be like the King of Cups at the end of this journey. In control of your emotions. In charge of your life. You desire to be successful and based on the cards in this spread, I truly believe that you will be.
Wow, this is great! In charge of my emotions, instead of alternating between that all or nothing!
Elune wrote: 15 Jan 2020, 02:056. The Emperor is the quality that you need to embrace while facing this upcoming challenge. Think of yourself as the boss of your life, not the employee. You have to take charge. If your job was to make sure that someone completed a program, how would you handle it? If your employee didn’t want to take the time to fill out their paperwork, how would you handle that situation? If they didn’t want to follow the rules or if they wanted to only do a partial job, what would you do? Be The Emperor. Embrace The Emperor. Take control and command yourself to do this.
Wow again. I like this advice: What would the Emperor do? If I had to make sure someone else did his job, how would I handle it? Probably reason with him, try to figure out together what’s holding him back and then how to get over that. That’s got me thinking! (That makes sense! But it’s difficult to do with other people, probably why I’m not a manager!)
Elune wrote: 15 Jan 2020, 02:057. You could love yourself, as presented by the Lovers card. Being that this is a Major Arcana card, I think this is an important life lesson for you. I’ve been listening to a book lately called, Turn Your Pain Into Art by Ariel Bloomer and she talks about treating yourself like you love yourself. Just as you put yourself in the shoes of the Emperor with the previous card, put yourself in the shoes of the Lovers….If someone you loved needed to achieve a goal and they needed to do some paperwork in order to achieve that goal, how would you treat them? Would you be encouraging? Would you be patient? Forgiving? Do these things because you love yourself and if you honestly do not feel like you love yourself right now, pretend that you are loving someone else. Spiritual role play. Blend strength and love to get yourself to where you need to be. If you don’t feel like logging something, step outside yourself (talk in the third person if it helps) Rachelcat (sorry, I don’t know your name) I know that you don’t feel like writing down the fact that you just drank water, or you don’t think that writing this down is going to help, but do it for me, please. I love you and I want you to be your best self.
More great advice! I’m doing this (and Weight Watchers) with friends, and I have experience trying to help and motivate others without judging or being harsh, just supporting them and being a good role model. And I can do that for myself!
Elune wrote: 15 Jan 2020, 02:058. This card shows that you are loved. You are an important part of a family unit. Other people see you as an important part of their life. So, your goal is not only really important to you, but it’s important to the people that love and care for you.
Yes, this could be my friends I’m working on this with, that we need to support each other. I know others care about me and want me to be healthy. (Even though my son gives me a hard time about talking about Weight Watchers all the time! He’s just teasing. But I supported him when he was calorie counting!)
Elune wrote: 15 Jan 2020, 02:059. The best way for you to proceed, according to the Nine of Wands is to be resilient, be strong. It’s interesting that the first card was the ten of wands and at this part of the journey, you are only holding one…you’ve put eight of them down and seemingly lost one, lol. The man in this card is wearing a bandage, which shows that it will be a struggle getting to this point in your journey, but imagine how good you are going to feel with a lighter load!!!!
Cool contrast between the 9 and 10. Yes, I think this means this is another step toward being stable in maintaining my healthful habits. Stay strong.
Elune wrote: 15 Jan 2020, 02:0510. The only way that you are going to reach your goal (and by all of the wonderful cards in this spread, I do feel like you can) is by first freeing yourself from your doubts and fears. The Eight of Swords shows a woman who is bound, but she is surrounded by swords. All she has to do is pick up a sword…just one sword and set herself free.
My typical overthinking everything. Be free from negative thoughts and just do it!
Elune wrote: 15 Jan 2020, 02:05I feel like it will do you a lot of good to complete this program. You just have to follow the advice laid out in the cards. Be strong and resilient. Treat yourself as the CEO of the situation, but show yourself love, kindness, and patience. Remember that you are loved and that it is important that you love yourself. In the end, the paperwork will be worth the time and effort.

Side note: I'm really nervous about this reading. I felt like I really understood the cards and that they flowed really well together and told a story, but because I'm so new at this, I'm worried that I took the interpretation in the wrong direction.

I look forward to your feedback.
Totally the right direction! And I can see that the reading flowed for you. I was doubting your assertion that you’re a beginner when I read it first! I know what you mean about seeing a story and going with it. It’s a great story but does it have any relationship to reality? In this case, it’s a definite yes!

Thank you so much for your great advice and kind encouragement. This is truly a good and well-done reading!
Please join us in This Week's Deck!

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
Elune
Seer

Post by Elune »

Thank you so much! I've been so nervous, waiting for your response. I'm so glad the reading resonated with you. I also want to wish you the best of luck with this program. :)

Return to “Using The Celtic Cross, Jan 2020: Hosted by Kare”