This forum is officially closed. It will however remain online and active in a limited form for the time being.

Charlie Brown and Rachelcat: Len Exchange

Charlie Brown
Sage

Charlie Brown and Rachelcat: Len Exchange

Post by Charlie Brown »

I am here as you are here as you are me and we are all together.
I believe in Crystal Light.
Rachelcat
Sage

Re: Charlie Brown and Rachelcat: Len Exchange

Post by Rachelcat »

Hi! My name is Cho Chang. I have a burning question for you. The thing is, we’ll soon find out the answer because the tournament coming soon! (So excited!) When it’s over, we’ll find out if your prediction is accurate!

Who will win the Triwizard Tournament? Viktor Krum (of Durmstrang), Fleur Delacour (of Beauxbatons), Cedric Diggory (the REAL Hogwarts champion), or Harry Potter (the fake Hogwarts champion. Cute but fake.)?

For full disclosure, Cedric is my boyfriend, and I’m pretty sure he’ll win. But I still want you to tell me who you think will win, not just what I want to hear.

Are you up for the accuracy challenge?
Please join us in This Week's Deck!

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
Charlie Brown
Sage

Post by Charlie Brown »

This poses an interesting problem. Lenormand isn't necessarily the most effective deck for convoluted social situations. I've heard that kipper is much better but I don't read that. With 4 protagonists I'm not at all clear who would fit under each significator. I could ask something slightly different like "what will happen at the tournament" but that might not give you the information that you're looking for.

I'll have to think about this, but I'm leaning towards asking for a physical description of the winner and approaching it that way. Also is Fleur male or female? If Fleur is a young lady we could maybe do Lord for Cedric, Rider for Victor, and Fox for Harry, because he's fake.

Also, is there any kind of prize for this tournament aside from the title of champion?
Rachelcat
Sage

Post by Rachelcat »

Hey, I think that's a good idea, the selecting cards for the participants. Yes, Fleur is a young lady, so your card ideas look like they're work. There is a monetary prize, but the real prize is a championship cup (that I think stays with the winning school until the next tournament).

Charlie Brown
Sage

Post by Charlie Brown »

I'll do it that way, then. But... on further reflection I think that Fleur will be the snake. As the querent, you really should be the lady and, who knows?... you may have a roll to play in all of this. I get the feeling that you're interested in more than just Harry's quidditch stick.
Charlie Brown
Sage

Post by Charlie Brown »

Here is my question:

My spouse and I are undercover Soviet intelligence agents who have been living the greater D.C. metropolitan area for the past 20 years or so. Our eldest child, a daughter is around 15 or so and is starting to suspect that something isn't right. She's grown up in the U.S. and has no idea of the truth. She thinks we're travel agents. Like I said, she seems to know that something is off. We're careful, but she's smart and crafty. It's almost like she's the child of two of the K.G.B.'s most elite agents. If she finds something tangible, who knows what could happen, not to mention the unfair toll that it's taking on her to grow up with the feeling that something is amiss. I guess my question is what would happen if we told her and/or is it better to tell her ourselves or keep the secret and hope that she doesn't find out?
Rachelcat
Sage

Post by Rachelcat »

Here's the reading!

What would happen if you tell her?

Scythe Moon Cross Clover Clouds

You would reap the harvest (scythe) of your deception (moon), and it would be a tribulation to bear (cross), but luckily (clover), it would ultimately bring only occasional sadness and troubles (clouds), nothing horrible. It looks like your daughter would be a typical teenager in that she would be angry and hurt and would definitely let you know that, but she wouldn’t react drastically (like calling the police), and it wouldn’t cause a total breach in your relationship with her.

What would happen if you don’t tell her?

Sun Bear Moon Birds Clouds

She would find out some things (sun) and go to the authorities (bear), hoping they could help her shine a light on the mystery (moon). There would be a lot of talk and discussion, perhaps interviews with the authorities (birds). Again there would be sadness and troubles (clouds), but nothing catastrophic. Perhaps the authorities wouldn’t believe her.

From comparing these two, I think telling her would be your best choice because it would stay private. Neither option is a happy one, but that is to be expected.

Charlie Brown
Sage

Post by Charlie Brown »

So, as agreed, our significators are: rider, snake, fox, lord, lady. Throughout the reading, it was a bit of a problem for me that I didn't quite know the format of the tournament. Particularly how much direct interaction there is. I'm imagining something like a Battle Royale, but I don't really know what to expect. I don't think that affects the broad outlines though.

20200121_211306~01.jpg

The first three cards herald the topic of our reading: the tournament as an official (tower) recognition (moon) of a wizard's dedication and commitment (ring). Those qualities, of course, being essential prerequisites to mastery.

Inside the tableau, we see Harry/Fox in the center of the spread. It seems that everything is about him. He's at the heart of whatever happens. Given that you were especially concerned in the question about who will win the tournament, I'd say that it's his to lose at this point. We also see (reading down from the fox) fox-clover-fish. Clover+Fish (lucky income) can signify the cash prize.

The other rando dude seems kind of far away from the main action too. I think he's probably the least threatening of the bunch to your honey's chances. That said, it's possible that he'll assist Harry in some way given that there's a string of positive cards between the two of them.

You are far away from the action down in the bottom corner. I don't think you'll have too much to do with the outcome.

We see the snake bearing down on top of the Lord. So I'm thinking that she probably kills his chances to win. Perhaps they'll form a mid tournament alliance that will turn sour.

I have more concerns about your boyfriend though. There are a number of unpleasant cards: coffin, scythe, cloud, snake, birds. In inferred that there were some hard feelings from your boyfriend towards this other competitor from your school. Has this young Cedric been handling this well? Both the sun and the storks are threatened by the scythe. Since he sits atop the scythe, it's likely that this threat is of his own making. His corners are Birds, Letter, Clouds, and Storks. If he's spreading gossip or, heaven forbid, writing poison pen letters to the higher ups (letter mirrors tower) it could easily backfire and cloud his chances for future promotion (storks). Similarly, I notice that he knights to both Harry and You (you also touch the sun). If he is screwing around vis a vis this Harry kid, the fallout may even impact your relationship. On the other hand, counting 7s from the Lord, we see that a friendship (dog+tree+ring) with Harry might be a wise investment (bear)
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

So impressed you did a Grand tableau. 💪
Button Soup Tarot, Star & Crown Oracle available @: Rabbit's Moon Tarot 💚
Charlie Brown
Sage

Post by Charlie Brown »

I don't really think of it as a GT in so far as it isn't meant to cover every aspect of life and, therefore, isn't really read in a traditional GT style. But, it does seem like a good way to see how several items interrelate.
Rachelcat
Sage

Post by Rachelcat »

Charlie Brown wrote: 22 Jan 2020, 05:15 The first three cards herald the topic of our reading: the tournament as an official (tower) recognition (moon) of a wizard's dedication and commitment (ring). Those qualities, of course, being essential prerequisites to mastery.
And the tournament can be dangerous and difficult, thus needing dedication and commitment just to keep going. I like the correct use of the moon card here! (As you can see in my reading, I am contaminated by the tarot moon in reading it as a mystery.)
Charlie Brown wrote: 22 Jan 2020, 05:15 Inside the tableau, we see Harry/Fox in the center of the spread. It seems that everything is about him. He's at the heart of whatever happens. Given that you were especially concerned in the question about who will win the tournament, I'd say that it's his to lose at this point. We also see (reading down from the fox) fox-clover-fish. Clover+Fish (lucky income) can signify the cash prize.
Yes, it turns out that Harry is at the center of everything. And he wins (including a cash prize), but only with cheating and interference by the bad guys that he was unaware of.
Charlie Brown wrote: 22 Jan 2020, 05:15 The other rando dude seems kind of far away from the main action too. I think he's probably the least threatening of the bunch to your honey's chances. That said, it's possible that he'll assist Harry in some way given that there's a string of positive cards between the two of them.
Harry actually helps Victor during the final task by convincing Cedric not to hurt him, because Victor was bewitched and didn’t know he was attacking the other contestants.
Charlie Brown wrote: 22 Jan 2020, 05:15 You are far away from the action down in the bottom corner. I don't think you'll have too much to do with the outcome.
True enough. Cho is just a spectator at this point in the story.
Charlie Brown wrote: 22 Jan 2020, 05:15 We see the snake bearing down on top of the Lord. So I'm thinking that she probably kills his chances to win. Perhaps they'll form a mid tournament alliance that will turn sour.
Almost. Other way around. Bewitched Victor attacks Fleur, putting her (and himself) out of the running.
Charlie Brown wrote: 22 Jan 2020, 05:15 I have more concerns about your boyfriend though. There are a number of unpleasant cards: coffin, scythe, cloud, snake, birds. In inferred that there were some hard feelings from your boyfriend towards this other competitor from your school. Has this young Cedric been handling this well? Both the sun and the storks are threatened by the scythe. Since he sits atop the scythe, it's likely that this threat is of his own making. His corners are Birds, Letter, Clouds, and Storks. If he's spreading gossip or, heaven forbid, writing poison pen letters to the higher ups (letter mirrors tower) it could easily backfire and cloud his chances for future promotion (storks). Similarly, I notice that he knights to both Harry and You (you also touch the sun). If he is screwing around vis a vis this Harry kid, the fallout may even impact your relationship. On the other hand, counting 7s from the Lord, we see that a friendship (dog+tree+ring) with Harry might be a wise investment (bear)
Wow, this is really good. What happens is at first Cedric is angry that Harry was chosen as a second school champion, and there is a lot of trash talk. But his love of fair play causes him to share certain information with Harry so they both can be prepared for the tasks. And Harry reciprocates. (That could be the birds and letters.)

At the end of the final task, Cedric and Harry help each other and decide to share the win (dog tree ring), but at that very moment, the bad guys’ interference causes Cedric’s death (really they murder him in cold blood), all because they’re trying to get to Harry. From now on, I'm going to beware of coffin and scythe together, that's for sure!

(Harry gives his cash winnings to deserving friends to start their own business, and he dates Cho for a while later on.)

This is a very good and accurate reading with very little to go on! As you know, I had doubts after I asked the question because the outcome is a little morbid, but then you didn’t know the story, so that made me curious about how the reading would turn out! And you came through like a champion!

Would any other Hogwarts alumni care to chime in?

Diana
Sage

Post by Diana »

Rachelcat wrote: 26 Jan 2020, 14:43 Would any other Hogwarts alumni care to chime in?
Only to say that I can't believe that Charlie Brown has never read the Harry Potter books. I thought everyone in the whole world had read them. Except for maybe a few indigeneous tribes in the Amazon jungle. When I saw your initial post with the enigma, I thought to myself "what on earth is Rachelcat doing ? He must know that episode inside out like everyone else in the universe" - lol -. I've read them all 5 times, and once was the whole series out loud to someone !!! The movies aren't as good as the books though. I wouldn't advise to watch them before reading the books.
Rumi was asked “which music sound is haram?” Rumi replied, "The sound of tablespoons playing in the pots of the rich, which are heard by the ears of the poor and hungry." (haram means forbidden)
Charlie Brown
Sage

Post by Charlie Brown »

I got bullied into reading the first one a couple of years ago when we were expecting our little enchantress. It was alright but I realized that I could get by without them for at least another five or six years before I'll start being a negligent parent.

Return to “Fanciful Reading with Lenormand, Jan 2020: Hosted by Joan Marie”