This forum is officially closed. It will however remain online and active in a limited form for the time being.

TdM Kellydii reads for Charlie Brown.

Kellydii
Seer

TdM Kellydii reads for Charlie Brown.

Post by Kellydii »

Hello Charlie Brown,
What’s your question? And, I can’t read timing questions, just sayin’ 😊
Charlie Brown
Sage

Re: TdM Kellydii reads for Charlie Brown.

Post by Charlie Brown »

Hi Kellydii,

I used to be a more exciting and energetic person. How do I get my sparkle back in 2020?
I believe in Crystal Light.
Kellydii
Seer

Post by Kellydii »

Hey, I did your reading this a.m. since I’m quite new to this forum, how do you all post? A pic? Do you reference each card? I tend to read in a free flow style depending on how the cards look. Do others post shorter readings or are the readings very in depth? Thanks!
Charlie Brown
Sage

Post by Charlie Brown »

Most of that is really up to you. You can take a look at some of the other months' readings if you'd like to compare. Poke around this part of the forum and I'm sure you'll find something.

viewforum.php?f=237
Kellydii
Seer

Post by Kellydii »

Hi Charlie Brown,
I chose the page of wands to be the messenger of creating some sparkle in your life! And I see that’s what you really need. You are looking for something to spark your energy levels. If we start with the sun card at the center, I see that overall life has been pretty darn pleasant. On your conscious side things are quite predictable and emotionally stable, and that can lead to complacency. And while this might be pleasant, your unconscious side craves a sort of trickster energy to jolt you out of your complacency.
So life is pretty nice and you enjoy the routines of your life- work, finances, home and this has led to a sense of security. And with all of that security comes boredom. You need some major shaking up of your routines, so let’s look at some ideas...
Are you in a relationship? If so it’s time to turn up the heat. You and your partner need to work on spicing things up, changing the routines of your relationship is a great way to spark new energies. If you are not in a relationship, I see that it’s time to explore online options, join a dating site, or start an online correspondence. If that’s not your thing, the cards also suggest a meet up group. What interests you? Finding others you can share your interests with is a great way to strengthen social connections and create good vibes.
I’m quite focused on the eight of coins in this spread. I wonder if you spend too much time on electronic media? Digital distraction is huge in this day and age. It keeps us from pursuing other areas of our lives. You could gain some knowledge of where your energies are going as a result of reevaluating the amount of time you spend with electronics.
Another area of focus would be physical exercise. If you are active, consider how to shake up that routine. Try something new- rock climbing,or hiking to lofty peaks. Get outside! Just being outdoors is another great way to change up the energy. Our brains are oxygen hogs. If they aren’t getting lots of fresh oxygen,our thoughts, ideas, and emotions become stagnant. If you don’t exercise, then it’s time to get your sweat on. Join a gym. consider swimming laps, or using stationary machines. Being around other active people will naturally increase your energy levels.
If none of these ideas resonate with you, then consider volunteerism. What causes could you become involved with? On a small scale does your workplace support any local causes or charities? Or on a grander scale how about becoming involved in a group such as habitat for humanity? Helping others always, always,always increases our well being.
Hopefully, one of these ideas will create a spark for you. The hardest part of change is the willingness, choice and commitment we need to have. And nothing changes until something moves. And that something is you.

Hmm, sorry or the sideways pic. I’ll work on that! The cards are Tarocchi Vergnano. Old Italian Tarot.
I didn’t reference the cards as to each of the ideas that were presented. I hope you can understand how I arrived at this reading. In a nutshell, Fante di bastioni- trickster, passions, hobbies, something new, La Torre- shake up, Ill Sole- pleasantness, 8 coins- media, boredom, uniformity, 4 cups- emotional security. And then card combos etc, direction, elements etc.
Thank you for the opportunity to read for you👍
Attachments
C8297821-3E6F-4C56-A95E-F7A4F3DDA10E.jpeg
Charlie Brown
Sage

Post by Charlie Brown »

Sideways pic isn't you, it's the site. There is a way around it, but it's usually too much bother. It flips right side up when you click on it. I'm looking forward to going through the reading. Thank you!
Charlie Brown
Sage

Post by Charlie Brown »

Hi Kellydii,

Thank you for the reading. You have a lot of good things to say, but it's hard for me to figure out how to best give feedback. (I'm generally not very good at feedback). Like I said, you offered a lot of good responses to my question so that's generally what one wants in a reading. Since the nature of the question and answer are all future oriented and speculative, I can't really say yet if any of those things worked or not. I am interested in your interpretation of the 8 of Coins as electronic media. I don't think I've come across that before. Where did you come across that and/or what is your logic behind that derivation? It's intriguing.

The major criticism or concern I have about the reading, I guess, is that there seems to be a lot of stuff for just a few cards. It's like "love" "technology" "volunteer". I wonder how much of what I'm getting is a card reading vs. you life coaching.

In any event, I do thank you for the good opinions and I definitely enjoyed getting to see you read for the first time. Thanks again.
Kellydii
Seer

Post by Kellydii »

Hi Charlie Brown,
Thanks for the feedback. There IS a lot of stuff in just a few cards. I’m surprised that you think that the cards don’t have much to say. I’m most curious how you interpret the cards. I use a variety of techniques in card reading. I look at each card individually and then in combinations, I look at the numbers/suits, I look at majors versus minors, elements, I link each card to the next. Sometimes I focus on the central card and then read outward. All of the cards are linked to the reading. Not just some “life coaching” ideas I threw out.
I do see, now, that others in this thread read by explaining how they justify what they read by referencing each card in their reading. I didn’t do that, and can see how you don’t see the connection of my reading to the cards. Typically, when I read in person, I do not go into detail explaining how “the gaze of the page of batons goes toward the tower which means someone is headed for a disaster.” I could go card by card :
You are looking for something (pg of baton) to add excitement (tower) to your pleasant(sun) life, because it looks like you spend too much time on electronic life/office/work(8 of coins) and you are bored (4cups). Your personal life(sun) is routine(8coins) and boring. (4cups) add excitement by spicing(tower) up your personal life( sun). No partner? Dating site(sun+8coins) meet up group/social connections/good vibes (8 coins/4 cups.) activity level/exercise (page, tower, sun) thoughts,ideas emotions ( 8 coins,4 cups). It’s an aweful lot to put into a reading and quite tiring, I think.
As far as the volunteering...when I re-read your reading I was perplexed as well. where did that come from? I realized that, at that point I was drawn to the wall behind the figures on the sun card. Immigration, people who need help, the “Trump” of the tower. So volunteerism popped into my mind. A bit of a stretch and not confined to a predetermined definition of a card. It seemed appropriate to the reading so I went with it.
As to the 8 of coins. 8’s represent thoughts/communication for me. Coins represent work. The uniformity of the coins reminds me of cubicles of office space and of safekeeping. Playing it too safe. Also, I have studied some cartomancy which comes into play with the tarot. Electronics=8 of diamonds. It’s just something that has developed for me over time. So it really depends upon the other cards. In your reading it just kept popping out as the internet,too much time doing the same old same old,online dating, meetups. Sometimes it can mean cash flow, or budgeting for me. It depends what the question might be. Does that make sense?
Anyhow, you were asking for advice on sparkle. These were the suggestions/advice of the cards.I guess I could have put it into a simple sentence. Or just listed each card and gave my definition of it. And my reasoning, but I find that it’s not all that dynamic. When people come for a reading they want it to be personal to them.
Thank you for the feedback, and hopefully you have a better idea of my reading style.
Charlie Brown
Sage

Post by Charlie Brown »

I do. That was very informative. Thank you. I especially appreciate how your looking at the cards from multiple perspectives within a single string of cards.
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

Kellydii wrote: 25 Jan 2020, 02:41 Thank you for the feedback, and hopefully you have a better idea of my reading style.
Thank so much both of you!

People often take a little extra time explaining their delineations in the circles because its as much a learning exercise about understanding how other readers approach the exercise at it is just about getting a reading.

Kellydii, I really appreciate you taking the time to answer Charlie Brown's question so completely. I especially appreciate the challenging but always friendly learning environment we have here. It's what makes these groups and this forum so interesting and fun.

I learn all the time from everyone here and it's so great to see this.
Button Soup Tarot, Star & Crown Oracle available @: Rabbit's Moon Tarot 💚
Charlie Brown
Sage

Post by Charlie Brown »

Expanding upon things, I think that repetitive internet behavior is a problem for me. Additionally, my wife has been deluged at work for the last several months on a major project. Between that and the baby, there isn't really a lot of time for 'us,' as it were. So your reading is probably on target that those are things to work on.
Diana
Sage

Post by Diana »

Charlie Brown, reading this thread reminded me of an old thread that you started regarding the Star in the "something to do" position. I'd completely misunderstood your initial intention in posting so I did have a bit of a red face. But still, I did say that regardless of my misunderstanding, I'd be asking you before the spring if you went butterfly counting or something like that.

viewtopic.php?f=38&t=1966

I gave all sorts of ideas that had popped into my head : Maybe you’ve been out of touch in some way with nature and the ecosystem. So I thought, Charlie Brown should go birdwatching, or butterfly counting, or do star or moon gazing. Or some kind of nature conservation. Or going hiking or on a nature trip with a local group or acquaintances. Things like that. I didn’t see any gardening in the pictures that appear in my brain, so maybe not gardening. But there’s something to do with water and I don’t know exactly what it is, but the words “aquarelle lessons” or some kind of painting or drawing courses came to mind. But the aquarelle idea seems to stick and won’t go away. Maybe you’ll do aquarelle paintings of nature !
Rumi was asked “which music sound is haram?” Rumi replied, "The sound of tablespoons playing in the pots of the rich, which are heard by the ears of the poor and hungry." (haram means forbidden)

Return to “Tarot de Marseille Group, Jan 2020: Hosted by Charlie Brown”