This forum is officially closed. It will however remain online and active in a limited form for the time being.

TdM Sign-Up Jan. 2020

Charlie Brown
Sage

TdM Sign-Up Jan. 2020

Post by Charlie Brown »

This month, we're going to try a spread that informs the sitter about what they need to hear, know, and/or understand about a current issue or situation. This spread relies on the facing direction of the cards. If you have a leftward facing page, you will be reading the cards from right-to-left. You basically just root through the deck and lay out a line based on where you find the page.

The pages are the messengers and heralds of the tarot. As such, this month we attempt to listen to what they have to say.

1) Based on the question, the reader decides which page/suit is most appropriate to the question.

2) The reader decides how many cards (in addition to the page) they will use in the reading, probably 3, 5, or 7.

3) Shuffle

4) Search the shuffled deck until you find the relevant page. Then lay out a line based on the direction the page is facing. So, for a rightward facing page, you would lay out the cards later in the deck. For a leftward facing page, you would lay out the cards that come earlier in the deck.

5) The result will be a line of cards in which the page is either the rightmost or leftmost card.

6) If the page falls close to the end of the deck and there aren't enough cards, then read only with what is available. It is possible, but unlikely that there will be no additional cards, in which case, the deck has nothing to say at this time.

A similar technique can be found in Caitlin Matthews' Untold Tarot
I believe in Crystal Light.
Diana
Sage

Re: TdM Sign-Up Jan. 2020

Post by Diana »

Yay!! Count me in.

(they're making a circle!)
Rumi was asked “which music sound is haram?” Rumi replied, "The sound of tablespoons playing in the pots of the rich, which are heard by the ears of the poor and hungry." (haram means forbidden)
kare
Sage

Post by kare »

Oooh. Me too!
Rachelcat
Sage

Post by Rachelcat »

Me, me! I like when we cut the deck on a chosen card. And lines. And everything!
Please join us in This Week's Deck!

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
Kellydii
Seer

Post by Kellydii »

Hello,
I just joined this forum last night. Where would I go to sign up? I am looking forward to being part of this😊
Aoife
Sybil

Post by Aoife »

Hoping to slip in under the wire.
Charlie Brown
Sage

Post by Charlie Brown »

Kellydii wrote: 13 Jan 2020, 11:14 Hello,
I just joined this forum last night. Where would I go to sign up? I am looking forward to being part of this😊
You would sign up right here. Technically, you just did.
Charlie Brown
Sage

Post by Charlie Brown »

Aoife wrote: 13 Jan 2020, 12:01 Hoping to slip in under the wire.
And so you did.
Charlie Brown
Sage

Post by Charlie Brown »

Aoife wrote: 13 Jan 2020, 12:01 Hoping to slip in under the wire.
And so you did.
Kellydii
Seer

Post by Kellydii »

So, do we do our readings and post them? Or how does it work?
Charlie Brown
Sage

Post by Charlie Brown »

Ok, so you've been assigned a partner. I think it's me. Post a thread saying "Kellydii reads for whoever" and let your sitter know that you're ready for a question. The sitter will ask and you will post the reading in that thread.

Likewise, be on the lookout for the thread posted by your assigned reader.

It's best practice to shoot a PM to your sitter when the thread is up, but people often forget to do that.

Also, don't forget to subscribe to the relevant threads so you'll get a notification when there's a post. You can subscribe to a thread through a drop down menu at the bottom of the thread.

Return to “Tarot de Marseille Group, Jan 2020: Hosted by Charlie Brown”