This forum is officially closed. It will however remain online and active in a limited form for the time being.

Pendulum: Charlie Brown reads for RachelCat

Charlie Brown
Sage

Pendulum: Charlie Brown reads for RachelCat

Post by Charlie Brown »

:?: To what shall the oracle divine :?:
I believe in Crystal Light.
Rachelcat
Sage

Re: Pendulum: Charlie Brown reads for RachelCat

Post by Rachelcat »

Hi! Another vague question from me! But I think maybe this will work with the pendulum determining which area of life . . . ?

On Friday (payday) I will be getting a bonus, and my raise for next year will become effective, too. Neither bonus nor raise are huge or life-changing, but they are definitely more than my regular income. So I would like some guidance on what to do with them, the bonus in particular. My current thinking is just stick it in my savings account for a general financial cushion. My other choices are put it all in my 401k retirement fund (which is subject to investment gains and losses and would be stuck further away in time) or spend it on something special (or save it as part of a fund for something special). But I don't know what the something special would be.

What do the cards and pendulum say?

Thanks!
Please join us in This Week's Deck!

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
Charlie Brown
Sage

Post by Charlie Brown »

F*&%K, this is rad. I'm SOOO excited by this.

So I came up with the answer for you and THEN I get a flash that says :idea: "Wait a second. I've gotten this answer for her before." :idea: I'm going to try and be very precise in my delineation so that you don't think I'm just blowing smoke at you.

You gave me 4 options on what to do: Spend on a splurge (top/Fournier), save for a bigger splurge (right/1JJ Swiss), general savings (bottom/Grimaud), long term investment (Left/Soprafino). Since you've got some new money, I took four Aces of Coins and arranged them as described. In the center, I placed a pure silver coin as a talisman and let the pendulum rest on the silver prior to the reading.

Click to turn picture right side up
20191117_085945.jpg

In doing the reading, the pendulum went decidedly to the Northwest, between the top and left cards. There was a slightly more leftward pull, but it was quite clearly splitting between the two cards. To confirm, I then placed those two cards side by side and re-pundulumed. Again, it split the cards, swinging strongly back and forth between the two, just like the pendulum on an old clock. Again, I felt that there was an ever so slight extra pull towards the left but it was clear that the pendulum was saying that both cards were the answer.

20191117_090101.jpg
(Pic is upside down)

Together then, you are told to spend but to save. Therefore, I understand this to mean that you should spend the money now on something that will be a long-term investment for yourself. But what?

To answer the question of what to spend your money on, I drew three cards, minors only from the Soprafino.

20191117_091257.jpg

Two of Cups: Here context is key. Often I'd read 2 cups as romance or friendship. But, of course, the question is specifically what to buy and you certainly aren't being told to buy friendship. However, it can be some kind of interpersonal interaction or service. Someone's time or, perhaps, access to a social space.

Three of Coins: This is the card I most commonly interpret as returns on an investment, as 3 = growth and coins = money. Especially in this context.

Ace of Coins: New Money

So, you should take your new money (the question itself / first ace of coins) and buy something (top ace) that will serve as a long-term investment for yourself (left ace). You should pay someone (2 of Cups) to grow your money (3 of Coins) into new money (Ace of Coins). That is, you should use this money to hire a professional financial advisor or else some kind of financial education for yourself.

I want to again assure you that I hadn't recalled our previous reading until after this answer revealed itself.

Also, on a personal aside, I'd be wary of putting too much money directly into market assets right now. I'm not any sort of a money whiz but I've noticed that the financial service companies (Fidelity, etc.) have been doing a lot of television advertising lately. Specifically, they're touting suspended management fees, rebates, etc. In my opinion, it's clear that they're cutting their prices to the bone because they know there's about to be a big reversal and they want to get their hands on as much capital as possible before things crash. That of course, isn't cartomantic advice but is just the musing of some random cartoon character on the internet.
Rachelcat
Sage

Post by Rachelcat »

Hey, well this should let me know that your readings are correct! There's no other way they could be so strangely specific yet similar. And I'm going to take your advice to heart this time. I WILL be shopping for a financial adviser. And NOT Fidelity. Well, maybe them, we'll see . . .

I love your presentation and method. Silver coin, four aces of coins, genius! I can tell you really put some thought into it, and enjoyed it. And I did, too!

Thank you so much for the lovely and VERY helpful reading!
Please join us in This Week's Deck!

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
Charlie Brown
Sage

Post by Charlie Brown »

A financial advisor OR a money management class. I can't really say which. Here, at least, the community colleges offer what look to be good finance classes. Many of them are aimed at specific demographics (renters, seniors, people w/ bad credit, etc.).

Also, I wasn't specifically trying to rag on Fidelity. I'm sure they all work that way.

Return to “Using a Pendulum With a Card: Hosted by Kare”