This forum is officially closed. It will however remain online and active in a limited form for the time being.

Pendulum+Cards Sign-up, November Reading Group

kare
Sage

Pendulum+Cards Sign-up, November Reading Group

Post by kare »

Hi!

This month I would like to try using a pendulum with a card reading. I believe any deck could be used, tarot, oracle, even sibilla or Lenormand, with the right spread. Personally I will be using tarot or oracle. I do think this method would work if you wanted to combine a pendulum with something you would cast like runes, instead of cards. Also, if you don't have a pendulum, any weight at the end of a string or chain would work, as long as it swings flexibly and has enough of a point that you can tell what it is pointing at.

Basically, I propose that we do a card reading first, then do a pendulum using the card spread as the pendulum grid. So I would recommend a spread that has a significator in the middle with an influence that crosses the significator. Then four cards around the significator representing different influences. I will use the directions, which I connect to the seasons and suits of the major arcana.

After reading the cards, use the pendulum over the spread to determine which influence is the greatest or most significant at this time.

I welcome any modifications to these spread ideas as you do your reading.

I am attaching an image of the spread I suggested and also a video I did about using a pendulum this way.

Please respond here to sign up. I will match you randomly with a partner once the sign up deadline has passed. Be sure to check the topic posts after November 11 for your partner and thank you for joining!

Partners assigned November 11.
Readings done and posted by November 23.
Feedback on reading posted by November 30.

Attachments
IMG_20191102_182126606.jpg
Charlie Brown
Sage

Re: Pendulum+Cards Sign-up, November Reading Group

Post by Charlie Brown »

That's cool that you use Sibillia. I'll try it. I have a nice pendulum that I never take out.
I believe in Crystal Light.
kare
Sage

Post by kare »

Charlie Brown wrote: 03 Nov 2019, 03:41 That's cool that you use Sibillia. I'll try it. I have a nice pendulum that I never take out.
Great! And I am still wrapping my head around sibilla. I can't decide if Lenormand makes it harder or easier to read sibilla.
Rachelcat
Sage

Post by Rachelcat »

I'm willing to try! I've never seriously used a pendulum before, even though I have several. :oops: Can't resist shiny rocks!
Please join us in This Week's Deck!

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
kare
Sage

Post by kare »

Rachelcat wrote: 07 Nov 2019, 22:56 I'm willing to try! I've never seriously used a pendulum before, even though I have several. :oops: Can't resist shiny rocks!
Yay! Glad to have you , and I know what you mean about shiny rocks.

Return to “Using a Pendulum With a Card: Hosted by Kare”