This forum is officially closed. It will however remain online and active in a limited form for the time being.

LEN: chiscoteque reads for Rachelcat

chiscotheque
Sage

LEN: chiscoteque reads for Rachelcat

Post by chiscotheque »

hey Rachelcat - my shingle is officially hanging out. what's up?
Rachelcat
Sage

Re: LEN: chiscoteque reads for Rachelcat

Post by Rachelcat »

A few short months ago, when I pretended to be a fortune teller, I never guessed I would be consulting a real one. But I just have to know.

The one person in the world that I have ever loved has left me forever. I know that it’s all my fault. I tried to trick her into doing something I knew she would never do if she knew the truth. But I was desperately in love! And still am.

What I need to know is: Does she hate me for it? I know she loved me then. And I understand if she never wants to see me again, but I could bear it, live with her absence for the rest of my worthless life, if only I knew that she doesn’t hate me, maybe pities me, maybe prays for forgiveness for me for my transgressions again both heaven and herself.

I know my effusions sound rather frightening, but I implore you to tell me the truth of what you see, whether in favor of my fervent wishes or against them. The real pain is in the not knowing. That is why I come to you. Have pity on a broken man, and use your abilities to tell me the unvarnished truth.

Bless you.

Edward Rochester
Please join us in This Week's Deck!

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
chiscotheque
Sage

Oh Rochester

Post by chiscotheque »

Rochester, I will do my best to tell you what the cards have to say, come what may.

first, I did a reading for you.
rochester.jpg

in your past is a woman, either in your family or suffering from health concerns or both. I see your back is to her.
forefront in your mind is the insurmountability of your situation, and you are right - your plight is difficult at best. beneath it all, you are arrogant and authoritative but stable. some of your problems may be due to fearing loneliness and alienation.
you look towards your future, but it is unclear. whatever the resolution is, it will not happen right away. however, when it comes it will be swift and unambiguous. The result will be healthy and, I dare say, passionate.

Next, I did a reading for the poor woman you transgressed.
jane.jpg

Jane's past is riddled with worries, defects, and disturbance. something important centers around a letter or communication, possibly a miscommunication or a letter that never arrived. Jane is strong-willed and, though she has little to no money to speak of as far as i know, thoughts of finances and wealth are on her mind. underneath it all, she fears being deceived.
Jane has her back to her future, preoccupied with her past. in her future is much discussion, possibly involving 2 young girls, or a significant communique coming her way. an end of some sort is imminent, likely violent and possibly involving a death. the sharp edge of the blade, however, will not be wielded against Jane but rather will work in her favour.

to get a better idea of what Jane's future means, or more specifically, what it will look like after the decisive harrowing, I pulled 3 cards:
addendum.jpg

2 become 1, leading to the same destination; a choice is made for the good and an intuition followed which sees hopes and dreams succeed. Love and peace is the result for Jane and Rochester.

I hope this reading meets your approval, Mr. Rochester. Should you have any questions regarding my methods, I would be happy to elaborate.

Rachelcat
Sage

Post by Rachelcat »

Wow, this looks amazing! I just had a quick glance at it. I'll read it more carefully tomorrow. Thanks so much!!!

Rachelcat
Sage

Re: Oh Rochester

Post by Rachelcat »

I love Pixie's Astounding! And the spread you used. I think I'm going to take it over for next time.

I'm not doubting your reading abilities at all, but I wonder how much your knowledge of the story influenced how you saw the cards. Or maybe the cards are just not lying!
chiscotheque wrote: 15 Nov 2019, 04:33 in your past is a woman, either in your family or suffering from health concerns or both. I see your back is to her.
forefront in your mind is the insurmountability of your situation, and you are right - your plight is difficult at best. beneath it all, you are arrogant and authoritative but stable. some of your problems may be due to fearing loneliness and alienation.
you look towards your future, but it is unclear. whatever the resolution is, it will not happen right away. however, when it comes it will be swift and unambiguous. The result will be healthy and, I dare say, passionate.
A woman of the past with health problems, arrogant, fear of loneliness, unknown future, but with a quick resolution. All perfectly true!
chiscotheque wrote: 15 Nov 2019, 04:33Jane's past is riddled with worries, defects, and disturbance. something important centers around a letter or communication, possibly a miscommunication or a letter that never arrived. Jane is strong-willed and, though she has little to no money to speak of as far as i know, thoughts of finances and wealth are on her mind. underneath it all, she fears being deceived.
Jane has her back to her future, preoccupied with her past. in her future is much discussion, possibly involving 2 young girls, or a significant communique coming her way. an end of some sort is imminent, likely violent and possibly involving a death. the sharp edge of the blade, however, will not be wielded against Jane but rather will work in her favour.
A troubled past, missing letter, two young women, death, communication, money. All perfectly true!
chiscotheque wrote: 15 Nov 2019, 04:332 become 1, leading to the same destination; a choice is made for the good and an intuition followed which sees hopes and dreams succeed. Love and peace is the result for Jane and Rochester.
Intuition leads to love and peace. All perfectly true!

Great cards and a great reading. I wonder if Mr. Rochester would be encouraged by it, and perhaps urged by it to try to contact Jane telepathically as he did!

(Thanks with your patience awaiting my feedback.) I think it's time for others to chime in now!

chiscotheque
Sage

Post by chiscotheque »

hi Rachelcat. just for the record, the only thing I knew about Jane Eyre a couple of weeks ago was that there was a wife locked away in an attic. in fact, I wasn't sure the difference between Jane Eyre and Wuthering Heights. Because of your question, Dodalisque told me some of the plot in an email. the following is verbatim:
Rochester misleads Jane, I seem to remember, by making her fall in love with him but neglecting to mention that he is already married, and that the mad wife, whom he met during his dissolute youth in the West Indies as a plantation owner(?), is living upstairs in the attic of the mansion. The mad wife sets fire to the house and Jane stumbles away feeling betrayed and scandalised. Something like that.

Jane wanders on the moor until almost starved and frozen and then happens to knock randomly on the door of some family who happen to be related to her but who she never knew existed. Lucky break. There she repairs her shattered spirits over time and ends up going back and marrying a blind and helpless Rochester. Earlier in the novel he is rakish, brilliant, handsome, powerful. And yes he does assume a disguise and pretend to be a magician/fortune-teller when he first meets Jane. He does it because ordinary polite society bores him. We sort of like Rochester but he's a bit intimidating. Only Jane refuses to be overawed by him. That's what makes him fall in love with her.
I rather wish I hadn't read that, but that's all I knew about the novel.

for the reading, I shuffled the deck and, having decided Rochester would be represented by the man, I rifled through the deck until I found the man. the 2 cards behind him I used as his past and the 2 cards in front as his future. the top card I used as his conscious mind and the bottom card I used as his unconscious. I did the same for Jane, picking 3 cards at random for the final clarification.

It was my first Lenormand reading ever, and I quite enjoyed it.

Rachelcat
Sage

Post by Rachelcat »

Wow! So you didn't even know about the subplot that Jane inherits from a long lost uncle and shares the proceeds with her newly-found cousins (two young women and a young man). And the original letter from the uncle saying telling her he was going to put her in his will was hidden by the vindictive aunt who (kind of) raised her.

So your reading for Jane is REALLY spot on and specific! And this is really your first Lenormand reading? VERY well done!!!

Return to “Lenormand, Fun with Fictive Reading: Hosted by Joan Marie”