This forum is officially closed. It will however remain online and active in a limited form for the time being.

LEN: kare reads for Charlie Brown

kare
Sage

LEN: kare reads for Charlie Brown

Post by kare »

Hi, Charlie Brown,

I had no idea when I randomly pulled partners for the pendulum group that I was already reading for you in this group. I am looking forward to working with you twice. :) What is your character's question? Thanks!
Charlie Brown
Sage

Re: LEN: kare reads for Charlie Brown

Post by Charlie Brown »

I have a lucrative spokesmodel gig as the sort of Ed McMahon, 2nd banana type in a long term major media campaign. My Big Cheese, Johnny type just broadcast a bunch of terrible and provocative things, so the campaign is about to get killed. I don't agree with what she said, but, if I stick with her, I'm pretty much guaranteed a comfortable career on the evangelical right wing grievance circuit. I can't stand those people and would prefer to not have to deal with them but, If I'm being honest about it, I don't really care who's cheering for me as long as I can stay up on that stage.

What's my best play here?

--Juicy
I believe in Crystal Light.
kare
Sage

Post by kare »

Charlie Brown wrote: 15 Nov 2019, 23:41 I have a lucrative spokesmodel gig as the sort of Ed McMahon, 2nd banana type in a long term major media campaign. My Big Cheese, Johnny type just broadcast a bunch of terrible and provocative things, so the campaign is about to get killed. I don't agree with what she said, but, if I stick with her, I'm pretty much guaranteed a comfortable career on the evangelical right wing grievance circuit. I can't stand those people and would prefer to not have to deal with them but, If I'm being honest about it, I don't really care who's cheering for me as long as I can stay up on that stage.

What's my best play here?

--Juicy

Rana George Lenormand deck

Well, Juicy, the cards couldn't be more clear in my opinion. The center card, a clover, gets at the heart of the issue. It is a card of good fortune, and it is suggesting that you take this challenge and see it for the opportunity it could really be.

The two cards before it show the elements underlying the current situation. Essentially your desire to move up or stay up in the world, was served by your committment to this campaign personality, but it now has become a burden that may prevent further growth in your successful career.

To turn lemons into lemonade as the clover suggests you do, the cards on the right indicate that moving forward you should create a new beginning by moving on from your current situation. The recommendation is that staying where you are and waiting for things to happen will only be a detriment, and that you should seize the opportunity now to create the new direction you want to go in. Get ahead of the scandal curve, so to speak. Then perhaps you will not be left with the only choice of the grievance circuit you so dislike.

I wish you the best in your career!
Attachments
IMG_20191120_110103560.jpg
Charlie Brown
Sage

Post by Charlie Brown »

It's fun that the line starts with a bird and ends with child + ship which, sorta kinda could be read as a chidren-oriented business (although I'd really see that more as ship-child). The story was derived from the Florida Orange Bird. He was created by Disney and gifted to the Florida Citrus Grower's association as a sop for building Walt Disney World. I got a stuffed version of him for Christmas when I was 1 and we were inseparable for years until he was little more than a pile of shreds. In any case, he was featured in a series of orange juice commercials, co-starring with a sort of easy listening singer named Anita Bryant. To make a long story short, she went out of her way to say some incredibly offensive things against gay people, which provoked a boycott of orange juice. The boycott was quite successful and was in many ways the start of modern gay political activism in the US. But the character of the orange bird was tainted by his association with her and was retired for decades until about 10 years ago when he started a resurgence in Japan because he's basically a proto-kawaii creation.

If you're a Disneyphile, you'll note that in WDW's early days he lived in the Sunshine Tree (of the sunshine tree terrace) and that the citrus swirl, WDW version of Disneyland's famous Dole Whip, originated as his signature treat.
kare
Sage

Post by kare »

Charlie Brown wrote: 21 Nov 2019, 03:26 It's fun that the line starts with a bird and ends with child + ship which, sorta kinda could be read as a chidren-oriented business (although I'd really see that more as ship-child). The story was derived from the Florida Orange Bird. He was created by Disney and gifted to the Florida Citrus Grower's association as a sop for building Walt Disney World. I got a stuffed version of him for Christmas when I was 1 and we were inseparable for years until he was little more than a pile of shreds. In any case, he was featured in a series of orange juice commercials, co-starring with a sort of easy listening singer named Anita Bryant. To make a long story short, she went out of her way to say some incredibly offensive things against gay people, which provoked a boycott of orange juice. The boycott was quite successful and was in many ways the start of modern gay political activism in the US. But the character of the orange bird was tainted by his association with her and was retired for decades until about 10 years ago when he started a resurgence in Japan because he's basically a proto-kawaii creation.

If you're a Disneyphile, you'll note that in WDW's early days he lived in the Sunshine Tree (of the sunshine tree terrace) and that the citrus swirl, WDW version of Disneyland's famous Dole Whip, originated as his signature treat.
Wow. I had never heard this story and can't say I recall the bird. I spent my early childhood in the 80s in Florida. I suppose no one tried to quickly rebrand the bird and get ahead of the bad press. Or maybe that was an impossibility and that ship is the bird sailing off into the distance never to be seen again except in the far off land of Japan. Thank you so much for the exercise. I'm sad to hear about your loved-to-disentegration stuffed animal. I'm dreading the day my children's animals get beyond repair. Loved too well, they are.
Charlie Brown
Sage

Post by Charlie Brown »

orange bird nice.jpg
orange bird nice.jpg (27.69 KiB) Viewed 864 times

Return to “Lenormand, Fun with Fictive Reading: Hosted by Joan Marie”