This forum is officially closed. It will however remain online and active in a limited form for the time being.

LEN: Joan Marie reads for Kare

Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

LEN: Joan Marie reads for Kare

Post by Joan Marie »

hello kare! Whenever you are ready....your fictional question please.
Button Soup Tarot, Star & Crown Oracle available @: Rabbit's Moon Tarot 💚
kare
Sage

Re: LEN: Joan Marie reads for Kare

Post by kare »

I'm not the smartest tool in the shed, at least my father didn't think so. But I know evil when I see it. My dear friend doesn't see the danger in trusting and showing kindness to an ally who is leading us on a journey. I suspect this ally every step of the way, but so far he has not led us astray or done us any harm. Right now we need his help. Can you tell me if he can really be trusted? or how I should handle this situation? It is creating division between me and my friend when we need each other the most.

Thank you.
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

kare wrote: 11 Nov 2019, 13:59 Can you tell me if he can really be trusted? or how I should handle this situation? It is creating division between me and my friend when we need each other the most.

Thank you.
Wonderful question. I will work on it this weekend.
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

kare wrote: 11 Nov 2019, 13:59 I'm not the smartest tool in the shed, at least my father didn't think so. But I know evil when I see it. My dear friend doesn't see the danger in trusting and showing kindness to an ally who is leading us on a journey. I suspect this ally every step of the way, but so far he has not led us astray or done us any harm. Right now we need his help. Can you tell me if he can really be trusted? or how I should handle this situation? It is creating division between me and my friend when we need each other the most.

Thank you.
Thank you for this interesting question. Here is the spread:
Child-Cross-Lady-Rider-Crossroad
Child-Cross-Lady-Rider-Crossroad

Though it's a little hard to tell from what you wrote, I'm going to assume that since the Lady landed in the center of this spread, that she represents your friend, because I think the Child represents you. I think this in part because you mentioned your Father.

There is a cross between you and your friend. This is the trouble, your worry about the hardship you may face on the journey trusting this man.

On the right of the Lady we have the Rider and the Crossroads. These cards both indicate journey, speedy travels. So the division between you and your friend seems clear. She's very optimistic and positive about it and you are not.

I drew 3 more cards to answer the question "Can he really be trusted?" I got this:
Ring- Lord- Mountain
Ring- Lord- Mountain

Well the Lord (man) showed up in the middle. So that's him. The Ring on the the left indicates a commitment has been made and the Mountain an obstacle of some kind, could be indicating something about this man's character or it could be about the difficulty of the journey itself.

It would seem that though things look difficult, you might be best advised to honour your commitment to this man, to this journey. The difficulty and obstacles may just be a natural an unavoidable part of all of this. I drew one more card to answer, "how should I handle this situation" and I drew the Bouquet.

I think the message here is lighten up and be part of the team working toward the goal and not make what is already difficult even moreso by casting doubts and negativity. Your distrustfulness may be the source of more trouble than this man leading the journey.

I wish you safe and speedy travels!
kare
Sage

Post by kare »

Wow! My scenario was Frodo, Sam and Gollum on the journey to Mordor! For Gollum you literally pulled the ring on one side and the mountain on the other. Sam's clear distrust of Gollum leads of course to Frodo believing a critical lie Gollum tells later in the Journey, so it does create further problems, and there is the argument that had both hobbits treated Gollum with dignity, he might have come around, but Sam was also right to ever be suspicious. And Frodo saw so much of himself in Gollum that he had to hope Gollum could be saved. That's a longer discussion. But the journey was indeed a necessary one probably made worse at points by Sam's too obvious dislike of Gollum. They had to make the journey and related decisions with haste, and the idea of crossroads was a recurring theme in the book.

Thank you! That was amazing and so fun!
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

kare wrote: 20 Nov 2019, 16:24 Wow! My scenario was Frodo, Sam and Gollum on the journey to Mordor! For Gollum you literally pulled the ring on one side and the mountain on the other. Sam's clear distrust of Gollum leads of course to Frodo believing a critical lie Gollum tells later in the Journey, so it does create further problems, and there is the argument that had both hobbits treated Gollum with dignity, he might have come around, but Sam was also right to ever be suspicious. And Frodo saw so much of himself in Gollum that he had to hope Gollum could be saved. That's a longer discussion. But the journey was indeed a necessary one probably made worse at points by Sam's too obvious dislike of Gollum. They had to make the journey and related decisions with haste, and the idea of crossroads was a recurring theme in the book.

That' is crazy. The Ring and the mountain! And a Lord in the middle!
Whoa!

I never read any of those books, so I can't claim to know a thing about the story (except I know there is a ring of course.

That is pretty weird. Good weird.

Thanks for such a good story. That was fun!!
kare
Sage

Post by kare »

Joan Marie wrote: 20 Nov 2019, 20:37
kare wrote: 20 Nov 2019, 16:24 Wow! My scenario was Frodo, Sam and Gollum on the journey to Mordor! For Gollum you literally pulled the ring on one side and the mountain on the other. Sam's clear distrust of Gollum leads of course to Frodo believing a critical lie Gollum tells later in the Journey, so it does create further problems, and there is the argument that had both hobbits treated Gollum with dignity, he might have come around, but Sam was also right to ever be suspicious. And Frodo saw so much of himself in Gollum that he had to hope Gollum could be saved. That's a longer discussion. But the journey was indeed a necessary one probably made worse at points by Sam's too obvious dislike of Gollum. They had to make the journey and related decisions with haste, and the idea of crossroads was a recurring theme in the book.

That' is crazy. The Ring and the mountain! And a Lord in the middle!
Whoa!

I never read any of those books, so I can't claim to know a thing about the story (except I know there is a ring of course.

That is pretty weird. Good weird.

Thanks for such a good story. That was fun!!
Yes, Gollum is pulled by the ring but fate sets him on the journey to the mountain of Mordor. And the Lord reference. This reading is one I'm going to remember!

Return to “Lenormand, Fun with Fictive Reading: Hosted by Joan Marie”