This forum is officially closed. It will however remain online and active in a limited form for the time being.

TdM: kare reads for Marigold

kare
Sage

TdM: kare reads for Marigold

Post by kare »

Hi, Marigold,

What question can I do a reading on for you?

Thank you.
Diana
Sage

Re: TdM: kare reads for Marigold

Post by Diana »

kare wrote: 11 Nov 2019, 17:54 Hi, Marigold,

Thank you.
Oh kare, I'm so sorry ! I hadn't realised you'd posted this already on the 11th!! I don't know how I missed it!! I was actually wondering today when you'd be along. ;)

Now you could do something for me. I've been wondering if my recent focus on Tarot (since the spring, I've been spending a lot of time with it after a ten year complete hiatus), is slowing down the spiritual path I'm on. Not that it's BAD for my spiritual growth. Nothing like that. I'm passionate about the Tarot and its wisdom is of the divine, as all true wisdom is. But sometimes I wonder... and I'm not sure exactly what I'm wondering about. I get a niggling feeling sometimes that I should be focusing on something else. Or is the Tarot part of the process ? That too, I ask myself. I'm a bit puzzled.

It's not so much a question of "should I spend more time on one or the other". It's not a question of time management. It's really a question of "is the Tarot a real and important factor in my spiritual growth or is it pulling me back a bit."

Does this sound something up your street or is it too weird or vague ?

I can find another question if you prefer. I'd like you to feel comfortable. So please please if you don't feel comfy, let me know. We must enjoy ourselves in these reading exchanges - they mustn't be a burden !!!
Rumi was asked “which music sound is haram?” Rumi replied, "The sound of tablespoons playing in the pots of the rich, which are heard by the ears of the poor and hungry." (haram means forbidden)
kare
Sage

Post by kare »

I'd love to try and tackle this question for you. Thank you.
I'm looking forward to it.
Marigold wrote: 15 Nov 2019, 20:46
kare wrote: 11 Nov 2019, 17:54 Hi, Marigold,

Thank you.
Oh kare, I'm so sorry ! I hadn't realised you'd posted this already on the 11th!! I don't know how I missed it!! I was actually wondering today when you'd be along. ;)

Now you could do something for me. I've been wondering if my recent focus on Tarot (since the spring, I've been spending a lot of time with it after a ten year complete hiatus), is slowing down the spiritual path I'm on. Not that it's BAD for my spiritual growth. Nothing like that. I'm passionate about the Tarot and its wisdom is of the divine, as all true wisdom is. But sometimes I wonder... and I'm not sure exactly what I'm wondering about. I get a niggling feeling sometimes that I should be focusing on something else. Or is the Tarot part of the process ? That too, I ask myself. I'm a bit puzzled.

It's not so much a question of "should I spend more time on one or the other". It's not a question of time management. It's really a question of "is the Tarot a real and important factor in my spiritual growth or is it pulling me back a bit."

Does this sound something up your street or is it too weird or vague ?

I can find another question if you prefer. I'd like you to feel comfortable. So please please if you don't feel comfy, let me know. We must enjoy ourselves in these reading exchanges - they mustn't be a burden !!!
kare
Sage

Post by kare »

Hi, Marigold,
I so loved Rachelcat's homemade spread, shown in her reading for Charlie Brown in this group this month, that I wanted to use it for your question. And it really fits, it seems to me.

It is based on the Four Noble Truths and is designed like a medical model. So the top row across is the smptom/issue; the next row is the diagnosis/cause; the next is the prognosis/outcome; and the bottom row across is the treatment/outcome. It seems like such a great anecdote for evaluating our spiritual concerns.

As I shuffled I focused on your question, but also on your mention of the gut feeling you had. I used majors for the first card in each row and minors for the rest. I hope that fit with the instructions. The major outlines the major response, while the minors work to modify the meaning of the major.

FYI, I am using the CBD TDM and Ben-Dov's book as I am more familiar with the RWS meanings and want to be sure that I don't make assumptions and overlook divergences in meaning. I should also note that for now I have chosen not to work with reversals since some cards aren't reversible and I want to be consistent.

Symptom/issue: Star, Knight of Batons, Page of Swords.
I love that you got the Star. It represents openness and an orientation to something higher, for lack of a better descriptor. This is exactly the issue you described, but it also encourages a kind of listening to yourself as you orient yourself toward your higher goals. She's looking away fron the knight of batons and valet of swords, so are these things you need to acknowledge or things you are already secure in? The knight and valet are facing each other, maybe absorbed in what lies at the foot of the other. Actually everyone is looking down. So earthly concerns, perhaps. But both carry the elements of their suit, which point toward the heavens. The knight is passionate but has taken a momentary stop to look back at the valet. They incline toward each other. The valet is learing to use reason as a guide. I think these two cards modify your Star by suggesting you take your time and don't forget to balance your desire for spiritual growth with reason/thought/reflection. Like the star, who has one foot in the water and one on earth, they are balanced between earthly concerns and spiritual. I think the message is to find that balance as you grow.

For the diagnosis/cause, you have Justice, modified by the knight of swords and the queen of swords. Justice also carries a sword. Hers and the queen's point to the heavens, but the knight's points a bit forward. Justice here is a card of evaluation. Order that is right, not just arbitrarily aligned with rules.The knight must move forward with his beliefs in order to gain the experience necessary for wisdom, and he's heading toward Justice. The queen also acknowledges Justice as she is oriented toward her. Even her sword tips a bit that direction. She seems to be sitting comfortably, but her head, sword, and hand reach out a little. She isn't complacent. She is vigilant. I think you must acknowledge your thoughts and let them direct you toward a healthy balance. Your task is to evaluate. Justice never lets you off the hook from the tough task of discernment, which perhaps never ends. Even the queen must remain vigilant and thoughtful. As a cause, this may mean that you are actually doing this very work and just have not yet reached a resolution. But it also indicates that even once you feel you have resolved your question, there will be yet more to evaluate. The face on the knight's shoulder is looking up and toward the Queen. The knight must move forward as a necessary component of learning and growth, even before he has all the wisdom, but his goals remain on the heavens, and what awaits his development is perhaps stepping into the role of the queen.

Prognosis/Outcome: Wheel of Fortune modified by 2 of coins and two of swords. The natural cycles we are all subject to, which inevitably include change. Two of coins and swords: choices and the limits that define them for you. But the choices of the coins are connected. In a kind of flowy dynamic. I think the message here is as you grow and evolve, accept the changes that come. But they are in part determined by the choices you make. So if we are looking concretely at tarot focus versus other ways to focus on your spiritual growth, the message here seems to be not to reject either, but to establish limits that work for you, with the understanding that you can't perhaps control the outcome, but accept where it leads you. And back to that evaluative vigilance. I feel like it is asking you to acknowlede and reflect on that gut feeling rather than moving past it.

Treatment/advice: Hermit, modified by 10 Cups and Valet of Coins. Well, the hermit to me is all about that internal process and a bit of withdrawal from the things of the world to have a successful process. Is that tarot, or more symbolic? But what modifies him is the 10 of cups, ultimate achievement of the fulfilling higher purpose you seek. Interestingly you get the Valet of Coins, who has his feet pointing two directions, as if he is either hesitating or very stable. Not going anywhere fast, at any rate, but looking to the hermit. He is set with purpose, grounded, and taking his time. No rush, much like the knight of batons. The valet of coins is literally focused on the thing of value he holds up above the earthly plane. I think this process will be the way to success.

So how does Tarot fit into this? I would say the cards are encouraging you to do further evaluation and reflection on this and to look for a balance that truly serves your goals. But it also seems that they are suggesting you look to what is really valuable to you. Is tarot part of what makes up that coin the valet is holding in the last row, or does it block your view from the real goal or block you from the process indicated by the hermit, or is it the tool that will aid you in this evaluation? The two of coins and two of swords indicate that you don't need to give it up, but limits must be set, ones that make sense for you and your goals.

I hope this helps. Thank you!
Attachments
IMG_20191121_094919471.jpg
Diana
Sage

Post by Diana »

thank you kare. It's beautiful what you did there. There's a lot in there that has given me some direction to finding the key for that niggling feeling. It's very clear that there is a key there. But now I need to get out my cards and look at all these with your reading in front of me.

Tomorrow I've blocked a huge chunk of my day for this reading exchange. I'll give you detailed feedback tomorrow then. I'll also be doing my reading for RachelCat (which got interrupted yesterday by an urgent thing I had to deal with but I think I can pick it up again safely). So tomorrow .... at least... will be devoted for a large part to the Tarot. But that niggling feeling when I read your reading got stronger.... there's really something I have to face here. Those court cards that you drew and how you described it will help greatly - I felt that immediately.

So see you tomorrow !

And thank you again. 😘
Rumi was asked “which music sound is haram?” Rumi replied, "The sound of tablespoons playing in the pots of the rich, which are heard by the ears of the poor and hungry." (haram means forbidden)
Diana
Sage

Post by Diana »

Oh my ears and whiskers !!! I think the Knight of Batons is handing over his baton to the Page of Swords.

I wonder why... oooh, I see that this is going to be another long long night. Curiouser and curiouser.

(And that's the second time I've quoted Alice's Adventures in Wonderland within the space of two sentences. Absolutely unintentionally. I believe I have to go down a rabbit hole to get some understanding of all this. So down I gooooooooo......)
kare
Sage

Post by kare »

Marigold wrote: 21 Nov 2019, 20:07 Oh my ears and whiskers !!! I think the Knight of Batons is handing over his baton to the Page of Swords.

I wonder why... oooh, I see that this is going to be another long long night. Curiouser and curiouser.

(And that's the second time I've quoted Alice's Adventures in Wonderland within the space of two sentences. Absolutely unintentionally. I believe I have to go down a rabbit hole to get some understanding of all this. So down I gooooooooo......)
I think he's acknowledging what the message of the page is. Listening. Also thank you for the feedback above. I did notice the abundance of court cards and forgot to mention. To me they indicate a real journey taking place, one that involves personal development and wisdom gained through experience. I am so glad it was helpful and thank you for letting me me know. No easy answers with the tarot I suppose, but it did seem like a reading that encourages more exploration/reflection, and what better tool than the tarot. I suppose in a way that is partly an answer to whether you should set it aside or how much. Interesting that your gut feeling is pinging the radar. I wish you the best with the process.
Diana
Sage

Post by Diana »

kare : Could I ask you to do one more quick thing please ? It shouldn't take you less than a minute.

It's regarding what you pointed out how the Knight and the Page are both looking on the ground. I've looked and looked and looked but can't see what they're looking at. And for some reasons that's all I have in my mind going round and round and round. All I hear is "what the heck are they looking at????- what the heck are they looking at???? what the.....

Could you draw one more card for me from the same deck with the question "What are the Knight of Batons and Page of Batons looking at ?"

If you wish to interpret it you're quite welcome. But there's no need if you don't feel like it.

I don't want to pull the card myself.

Really interesting reading you did there...am still plunged into the cards and your interpretation as a firm and solid basis.
kare
Sage

Post by kare »

Sure! I can do it later tonight.
Diana
Sage

Post by Diana »

kare, I think I know what they're looking at it - I suddenly had an aha moment (after nearly twenty minutes just staring at the cards). It's something in the cards that one can see. But I'll wait for that additional card for confirmation before jumping to conclusions.
kare
Sage

Post by kare »

Marigold wrote: 21 Nov 2019, 21:18 kare : Could I ask you to do one more quick thing please ? It shouldn't take you less than a minute.

It's regarding what you pointed out how the Knight and the Page are both looking on the ground. I've looked and looked and looked but can't see what they're looking at. And for some reasons that's all I have in my mind going round and round and round. All I hear is "what the heck are they looking at????- what the heck are they looking at???? what the.....

Could you draw one more card for me from the same deck with the question "What are the Knight of Batons and Page of Batons looking at ?"

If you wish to interpret it you're quite welcome. But there's no need if you don't feel like it.

I don't want to pull the card myself.

Really interesting reading you did there...am still plunged into the cards and your interpretation as a firm and solid basis.
10 of cups again. So for starters I would look to the row in which it originally occurs. That also has a valet there, and the 10 is one of only a few numbered pips, the others being the twos. According to Ben-Dov, it indicates a higher order. The 9 is essentially satisfaction, but the 10 goes beyond that. I also didn't explicitly get into this before, but Ben-Dov looks at the vertical movement in the cards as representing the inner development of the self. The two figures are looking earthward, at those plants? Growth? But their eyes look to the plane in the card representing earthly concerns. But their overall postures are more complex than that. Wariness? My brain is trying to go a million different directions with this and I no longer have the layout before me. But I think there is a dynamic tension there with regard to your spiritual journey that emerges throughout the reading. The earthly considerations versus aspirations, to go with your passion but to be careful, all in the context of desired growth and blossoming. So back to the plants on the ground and that potential of the ten of cups. My thoughts. I would love to hear yours. Have a wonderful evening and enjoy your tarot time tomorrow!
Attachments
IMG_20191121_201232677.jpg
Charlie Brown
Sage

Post by Charlie Brown »

kare wrote: 22 Nov 2019, 02:25 But I think there is a dynamic tension there with regard to your spiritual journey that emerges throughout the reading.
Yeah. You can definitely see that there. The thing that strikes me that I haven't seen directly addressed are the two pages falling at the end of the symptom and treatment lines respectively. Several people have mentioned wanting a bit more third-party interaction in these readings, so I hope no one minds if I chime in on what I'd look at if these were cards that I've drawn.

I find the TdM page of swords to be non-commital, even diffident. I think Ben-Dov says the same, iirc. OTOH, the Page of Coin's good-natured enthusiasm shines through.That suggests to me that some kind of realignment from the intellectualized towards the practical would be part of any successful solution.This is doubly so since the first two lines (especially the second w/ that VIII card) might imply a wands vs swords conflict at the root of this problem. The abstract solution, then, is to take the third way with the coins/earth.
I believe in Crystal Light.
kare
Sage

Post by kare »

Charlie Brown wrote: 22 Nov 2019, 16:49
kare wrote: 22 Nov 2019, 02:25 But I think there is a dynamic tension there with regard to your spiritual journey that emerges throughout the reading.
Yeah. You can definitely see that there. The thing that strikes me that I haven't seen directly addressed are the two pages falling at the end of the symptom and treatment lines respectively. Several people have mentioned wanting a bit more third-party interaction in these readings, so I hope no one minds if I chime in on what I'd look at if these were cards that I've drawn.

I find the TdM page of swords to be non-commital, even diffident. I think Ben-Dov says the same, iirc. OTOH, the Page of Coin's good-natured enthusiasm shines through.That suggests to me that some kind of realignment from the intellectualized towards the practical would be part of any successful solution.This is doubly so since the first two lines (especially the second w/ that VIII card) might imply a wands vs swords conflict at the root of this problem. The abstract solution, then, is to take the third way with the coins/earth.
That makes total sense to me.
Diana
Sage

Post by Diana »

kare wrote: 21 Nov 2019, 15:54 Hi, Marigold,
I so loved Rachelcat's homemade spread, shown in her reading for Charlie Brown in this group this month, that I wanted to use it for your question. And it really fits, it seems to me.

It is based on the Four Noble Truths and is designed like a medical model. So the top row across is the smptom/issue; the next row is the diagnosis/cause; the next is the prognosis/outcome; and the bottom row across is the treatment/outcome. It seems like such a great anecdote for evaluating our spiritual concerns.
It's a fantastic spread. Thanks for using it and so appropriate for my question. And thanks to RachelCat for having told us about it.

I was a bit surprised though to see the Prognosis before the Treatment. I would have thought that a prognosis would come after the Treatment. But I read it as you made it - changing the lines around would have messed up the whole picture. And realised that in the end, it didn't really make that much difference.

What is also interesting about this spread is that I noticed when observing the whole picture, that it can be read both vertially and horizontally. There's the Star pouring her water on Justice's head for instance.

And my goodness. What a BUSY spread. Everyone seems to be very busy - except the Queen... who is pregnant. I get the feeling she's looking over to Justice. I don't know why though. That I didn't figure out.

I love that you got the Star. It represents openness and an orientation to something higher, for lack of a better descriptor. This is exactly the issue you described, but it also encourages a kind of listening to yourself as you orient yourself toward your higher goals. She's looking away fron the knight of batons and valet of swords, so are these things you need to acknowledge or things you are already secure in? The knight and valet are facing each other, maybe absorbed in what lies at the foot of the other. Actually everyone is looking down. So earthly concerns, perhaps. But both carry the elements of their suit, which point toward the heavens. The knight is passionate but has taken a momentary stop to look back at the valet. They incline toward each other. The valet is learing to use reason as a guide. I think these two cards modify your Star by suggesting you take your time and don't forget to balance your desire for spiritual growth with reason/thought/reflection. Like the star, who has one foot in the water and one on earth, they are balanced between earthly concerns and spiritual. I think the message is to find that balance as you grow.
The listening to myself. Well that's part of the symptom indeed. I've not been listening, but I've heard something which makes me want to listen to what it is saying. I was very glad you brought up all these sight lines as Charlie Brown so aptly calls them. Those two fellows - what are they looking at. I believe, after having turned this around in all directions, that they're looking at the coin in the very last card.. the one buried in the ground. It's an odd card that Page of Coins with one coin above and one coin below. Does he know that there is a coin buried so nearby I've always wondered. You see there are two massive coins bang in the middle of the spread (which again makes me think that perhaps these two sections are in the "wrong" order".) The need for time is correctly interpreted I believe. I am actually going to take this time (I posted about this earlier today in the My Readings section.) Those two big coins don't spring up from nowhere.

For the diagnosis/cause, you have Justice, modified by the knight of swords and the queen of swords. Justice also carries a sword. Hers and the queen's point to the heavens, but the knight's points a bit forward. Justice here is a card of evaluation. Order that is right, not just arbitrarily aligned with rules.The knight must move forward with his beliefs in order to gain the experience necessary for wisdom, and he's heading toward Justice. The queen also acknowledges Justice as she is oriented toward her. Even her sword tips a bit that direction. She seems to be sitting comfortably, but her head, sword, and hand reach out a little. She isn't complacent. She is vigilant. I think you must acknowledge your thoughts and let them direct you toward a healthy balance. Your task is to evaluate. Justice never lets you off the hook from the tough task of discernment, which perhaps never ends. Even the queen must remain vigilant and thoughtful. As a cause, this may mean that you are actually doing this very work and just have not yet reached a resolution. But it also indicates that even once you feel you have resolved your question, there will be yet more to evaluate. The face on the knight's shoulder is looking up and toward the Queen. The knight must move forward as a necessary component of learning and growth, even before he has all the wisdom, but his goals remain on the heavens, and what awaits his development is perhaps stepping into the role of the queen.
I'm glad that the the knight is moving towards Justice. I trust Justice implicitly. And again, this evaluation that I have to take, the taking stock, is necessary now. I'm so glad you mentioned previously how the Star has one foot in the water and one on earth. Do you know, I'd never noticed that. But why is she pouring out her water ? And not at all interested in the two fellows next to her. Is the Knight not moving towards her ?
Prognosis/Outcome: Wheel of Fortune modified by 2 of coins and two of swords. The natural cycles we are all subject to, which inevitably include change. Two of coins and swords: choices and the limits that define them for you. But the choices of the coins are connected. In a kind of flowy dynamic. I think the message here is as you grow and evolve, accept the changes that come. But they are in part determined by the choices you make. So if we are looking concretely at tarot focus versus other ways to focus on your spiritual growth, the message here seems to be not to reject either, but to establish limits that work for you, with the understanding that you can't perhaps control the outcome, but accept where it leads you. And back to that evaluative vigilance. I feel like it is asking you to acknowlede and reflect on that gut feeling rather than moving past it.
Well, about all that, I have no comments to make. It's so well interpreted and explained that anything else would be superfluous.

Treatment/advice: Hermit, modified by 10 Cups and Valet of Coins. Well, the hermit to me is all about that internal process and a bit of withdrawal from the things of the world to have a successful process. Is that tarot, or more symbolic? But what modifies him is the 10 of cups, ultimate achievement of the fulfilling higher purpose you seek. Interestingly you get the Valet of Coins, who has his feet pointing two directions, as if he is either hesitating or very stable. Not going anywhere fast, at any rate, but looking to the hermit. He is set with purpose, grounded, and taking his time. No rush, much like the knight of batons. The valet of coins is literally focused on the thing of value he holds up above the earthly plane. I think this process will be the way to success.
The Hermit also came up for me in the reading I spoke up further above. So in the end, we have two 10 of Cups (as you drew one for the extra question) and two Hermits. This looks like a very positive combination, so I don't think my Tarot journey is through. On the contrary, those two of Cups speak of fullness and completeness. But all those people rushing around in this spread, makes me think that it's time to rest a bit. Let them do their work - they seem to know what they're doing. So instead of my trying to control things, I'll let them do what they're doing and just sit back and wait for the result.

So how does Tarot fit into this? I would say the cards are encouraging you to do further evaluation and reflection on this and to look for a balance that truly serves your goals. But it also seems that they are suggesting you look to what is really valuable to you. Is tarot part of what makes up that coin the valet is holding in the last row, or does it block your view from the real goal or block you from the process indicated by the hermit, or is it the tool that will aid you in this evaluation? The two of coins and two of swords indicate that you don't need to give it up, but limits must be set, ones that make sense for you and your goals.

All this has helped tremendously. It also makes me feel very positive. I think The Tarot and I will stay real close - that we still have a long and sweet journey together. Those 10 of Cups are clear evidence of that.

I think I may have something to contribute in the domain of the Tarot. I just have to figure out how and what is the best means to achieve this.

Thank you kare. I feel like I'm being wrung in a dryer - my head is spinning. But when I look at the whole picture... I think I will find my way and that when I find it it will be beautiful.

I have a strong feeling that I'll be returning again and again to this Picture in the next few weeks and months. And again, I'm very comforted as I believe that I'll find that balance I'm looking for. I look forward to it.
kare
Sage

Post by kare »

Thank you for all of the feedback. I briefly thought to read the spread vertically as well but ultimately got so caught up in the other stuff, I did not. I love that you identify the top row fellows as looking at the pentacle at the bottom. As is the page in the bottom. I had only looked vertically within a card. To me Pentacles are treasures, real ones of great value to us, so your spiritual journey, perhaps.

As to the order of rows, my general feeling is the cards come out in the order they want to be read in, regardless of the position assignments. But I always find myself starting by using the spread as a guide, and by the end just reading the cards without too much focus on the position assignments. I guess the spread helps me keep a clear focus, but then the reading just evolves into a narrative and I don't worry about the spread by the end. At least I have noticed this trend in my reading lately.

So whatever you are seeing in the cards, including any inclination to switch rows, I say go with it. That is where the story is taking you.
Marigold wrote: 22 Nov 2019, 20:13
kare wrote: 21 Nov 2019, 15:54 Hi, Marigold,

It's a fantastic spread. Thanks for using it and so appropriate for my question. And thanks to RachelCat for having told us about it.

I was a bit surprised though to see the Prognosis before the Treatment. I would have thought that a prognosis would come after the Treatment. But I read it as you made it - changing the lines around would have messed up the whole picture. And realised that in the end, it didn't really make that much difference.

What is also interesting about this spread is that I noticed when observing the whole picture, that it can be read both vertially and horizontally. There's the Star pouring her water on Justice's head for instance.

And my goodness. What a BUSY spread. Everyone seems to be very busy - except the Queen... who is pregnant. I get the feeling she's looking over to Justice. I don't know why though. That I didn't figure out.

The listening to myself. Well that's part of the symptom indeed. I've not been listening, but I've heard something which makes me want to listen to what it is saying. I was very glad you brought up all these sight lines as Charlie Brown so aptly calls them. Those two fellows - what are they looking at. I believe, after having turned this around in all directions, that they're looking at the coin in the very last card.. the one buried in the ground. It's an odd card that Page of Coins with one coin above and one coin below. Does he know that there is a coin buried so nearby I've always wondered. You see there are two massive coins bang in the middle of the spread (which again makes me think that perhaps these two sections are in the "wrong" order".) The need for time is correctly interpreted I believe. I am actually going to take this time (I posted about this earlier today in the My Readings section.) Those two big coins don't spring up from nowhere.

I'm glad that the the knight is moving towards Justice. I trust Justice implicitly. And again, this evaluation that I have to take, the taking stock, is necessary now. I'm so glad you mentioned previously how the Star has one foot in the water and one on earth. Do you know, I'd never noticed that. But why is she pouring out her water ? And not at all interested in the two fellows next to her. Is the Knight not moving towards her ?
Well, about all that, I have no comments to make. It's so well interpreted and explained that anything else would be superfluous.

The Hermit also came up for me in the reading I spoke up further above. So in the end, we have two 10 of Cups (as you drew one for the extra question) and two Hermits. This looks like a very positive combination, so I don't think my Tarot journey is through. On the contrary, those two of Cups speak of fullness and completeness. But all those people rushing around in this spread, makes me think that it's time to rest a bit. Let them do their work - they seem to know what they're doing. So instead of my trying to control things, I'll let them do what they're doing and just sit back and wait for the result.

All this has helped tremendously. It also makes me feel very positive. I think The Tarot and I will stay real close - that we still have a long and sweet journey together. Those 10 of Cups are clear evidence of that.

I think I may have something to contribute in the domain of the Tarot. I just have to figure out how and what is the best means to achieve this.

Thank you kare. I feel like I'm being wrung in a dryer - my head is spinning. But when I look at the whole picture... I think I will find my way and that when I find it it will be beautiful.

I have a strong feeling that I'll be returning again and again to this Picture in the next few weeks and months. And again, I'm very comforted as I believe that I'll find that balance I'm looking for. I look forward to it.
Diana
Sage

Post by Diana »

kare wrote: 22 Nov 2019, 20:50 Thank you for all of the feedback. I briefly thought to read the spread vertically as well but ultimately got so caught up in the other stuff, I did not. I love that you identify the top row fellows as looking at the pentacle at the bottom. As is the page in the bottom. I had only looked vertically within a card. To me Pentacles are treasures, real ones of great value to us, so your spiritual journey, perhaps.

As to the order of rows, my general feeling is the cards come out in the order they want to be read in, regardless of the position assignments. But I always find myself starting by using the spread as a guide, and by the end just reading the cards without too much focus on the position assignments. I guess the spread helps me keep a clear focus, but then the reading just evolves into a narrative and I don't worry about the spread by the end. At least I have noticed this trend in my reading lately.

So whatever you are seeing in the cards, including any inclination to switch rows, I say go with it. That is where the story is taking you.
Now that is the coolest feedback on feedback that I've ever received. You rock !!! 😎
Diana
Sage

Post by Diana »

Charlie Brown wrote: 22 Nov 2019, 16:49

Great observations as usual Charlie Brown. The coin/earth thing is definitely rather striking. Particularly with those two HUGE other coins which sort of almost seem to dominate the whole spread - or at least a strong central feature. And it speaks loads to me.

The 10 of Cups also speaks loudly to me. I think it has something to do with the Star. No, I'm pretty certain it does. I mean, someone has to fill up those cups.

It's actually a very positive reading. Just needs to get sorted out a bit and for all those people to stop scurrying round and find that pregnant queen a midwife.
kare
Sage

Post by kare »

Thank you to everyone for the feedback and insight on my reading. I have learned so much from your input.

Return to “Tarot de Marseille Group: Hosted by Charlie Brown”