This forum is officially closed. It will however remain online and active in a limited form for the time being.

TDM: Charlie Brown reads for Dodalisque

Charlie Brown
Sage

TDM: Charlie Brown reads for Dodalisque

Post by Charlie Brown »

:?:
I believe in Crystal Light.
dodalisque
Sage

Re: TDM: Charlie Brown reads for Dodalisque

Post by dodalisque »

I'm not sure if you can make a question out of this but it's something I've noticed happening recently and I wonder if the tarot can give me some insight into it. All my life I've been an avid fan of pro sports - any sport - but over the last year it's started to repel me - all of it. I not only wonder what's going on with me psychologically but also what activity might replace it to make life worth living. If this doesn't seem suitable for a question I'll put my thinking cap on and try again.
Charlie Brown
Sage

Post by Charlie Brown »

I like it.
Charlie Brown
Sage

Post by Charlie Brown »

Thinking about it, I feel like the 'what's going on part of it' is perfect for my Petit Romani spread that you may remember from months past. So I guess that I'll do this month's spread to answer what you can fill the hole with and then, if you like and if I have time, I can do the Romani to ask about what's happening.
dodalisque
Sage

Post by dodalisque »

Two for the price of one. Sounds great. However the spirit moves you. I hope filling the hole isn't going to be too uncomfortable.
Charlie Brown
Sage

Post by Charlie Brown »

Q: How can Dodalisque fill his hole? :lol:
Deck: 1JJ Swiss
Spread: Something to think — Something to do — Something to feel

20191201_140637.jpg

In total, I think these cards are telling you that you need to do something that will take you outside of your comfort zone. it isn't an original observation to note that people often watch sports because its comforting. Although the surface details are different each time, most sporting events provide a consistency of structure: the same rules, timings, participants, etc. They allow us to shut part of our minds off and be carried on by the familiar while avoiding the affliction of boredom by contrasting their slow, structural predictability with frenetically paced, unpredictable details. Apparently, this has been working less and less well for you. There's a big sense of depression and stasis in these lines, like you're stuck in a rut and need to inject some new energy into your life.

In the first line we see Justice. JUSTICE hears both sides and gives each side their due. The idea of two sides is carried on by this deck's unusual MOON card, which emphasizes duality and the nature of a placid surface vs. an emotional undercurrent—exactly the opposite of the structure of sports, I see. The Fool is moving in a new direction. This is normally true of the card. Within the context of the tableau we also see a new direction emphasized by his rightward gait in contrast to all of the leftward facing figures.

So, together, this line says to think about which of your needs aren't being acknowledged by your activities. Imagine new things to do that would do them justice.

Have the STRENGTH to expose (SUN) areas that cause you discomfort or that maybe you're afraid of or have hidden away (DEVIL). Get out of your comfort zone and try things that you've been afraid to do. In order to feel a sense of momentum (CHARIOT) you'll have to search (HERMIT) for transformative experience (DEATH).
Charlie Brown
Sage

Post by Charlie Brown »

I actually drew a follow-up with the minors, asking for more specific advice. The main reading suggested a set of attitudes to prioritize in your actions but weren't that specific. I tried to use the minors to get specificity. I didn't write them up because I didn't really understand them. But, then, I recall that I gave you a reading with a similar message to this one a while back:

viewtopic.php?f=187&t=1451&p=7938&hilit ... sque#p7938

The follow up cards (not pictured) were 6 of Wands + Page of Wands. I drew a third card to see what the Page was regarding and the Queen of Cups was staring back at him. So, like in the old reading, we are told to harmonize(VI) fire and water. Likewise, this month's main reading emphasized the need to give another side of duality its due and to inject some new energy into things. The follow-up says its a fire energy and connects it to our reading from the spring.
dodalisque
Sage

Post by dodalisque »

Charlie Brown wrote: 01 Dec 2019, 22:40 Likewise, this month's main reading emphasized the need to give another side of duality its due and to inject some new energy into things. The follow-up says its a fire energy and connects it to our reading from the spring.
Thanks, CB, always fascinating to watch you at work. This is about the 10th reading, official and unofficial, that you have done for me this year, so it's not surprising that you are identifying persistent problems. I certainly do need to get out of this rut and show some courage. Why not!? After all I might not have many more years on the planet. When I used to read cards online I made it a policy not to read for someone more than twice a year, once every 6 months or so. At the risk of sounding too mystical about it, it felt to me as though an aperture opened up between me and the person I was reading for that allowed me to get a feeling for their life and character, which never really changed during subsequent readings.

I think I mentioned before that I'm going to give the TdM readings a rest during December and over Xmas, then pick it up again in January. So hopefully I'll talk to you again in the New Year. I'll probably be around looking at other sections of the site, but with all the other Xmas stuff happening I know won't want to be stressing about getting readings done at the same time.
Diana
Sage

Post by Diana »

dodalisque wrote: 04 Dec 2019, 22:47
Thanks, CB, always fascinating to watch you at work.
It is isn't it ? Sort of surreal sometimes. I sort of stand sometimes with my mouth open.

I think it is possible that Charlie Brown is an alien. 👽
Rumi was asked “which music sound is haram?” Rumi replied, "The sound of tablespoons playing in the pots of the rich, which are heard by the ears of the poor and hungry." (haram means forbidden)

Return to “Tarot de Marseille Group: Hosted by Charlie Brown”