This forum is officially closed. It will however remain online and active in a limited form for the time being.

Fictive Reading with Lenormand

All activity for the October Lenormand group found here.
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Fictive Reading with Lenormand

Post by Joan Marie »

This month (October) in the Lenormand group we tried doing fictive reading.

I have to say I really enjoyed it and found the whole exercise very helpful and fun.

The idea is instead of posing your own question, you pose as a character from fiction, from a book, a movie a tv show, whatever, and pose a question that character might ask.

I took my question for Charlie Brown directly from a TV series I was watching at the time, "Succession" so I was able to pose as the son of a billionaire who'd been betrayed by his own father and had a plan to get revenge. Question: What will happen if I do that.

Pretty juicy question!

I have to admit it was a little hard to get into this exercise at first because since the question isn't "real" how engaged can you really get in trying to answer it?
The answer , I found, was pretty damned engaged! I had a great time doing a reading for Charlie Brown who was posing as a guy considering a relationship with his boss's estranged daughter. I mean a lot of things could happen, right?

The thing that made this fun to me was since there are no actual "stakes" you can go ahead and just "say what you see" and not have any barriers of propriety or concern for an actual person. I found this very freeing as I read the cards. It actually made me realise that I do have a kind of "barrier" normally when I read for others and it was fun to get around that.

What made the exercise helpful, was afterward we could discuss our readings totally objectively and discuss technique and question results without having to worry about "crossing any lines".

I found it really interesting and I learned a lot. You can see our exchange here: viewtopic.php?f=225&t=1950

I can't wait for the next one!

I will be doing this again in November, opening sign-ups on the 1st and I hope a few more of you decide to give it a go. To be honest, I can hardly think of a more fun way to learn or practice Lenormand.

If anyone else who participated has any comments I'd love to hear them!
Button Soup Tarot, Star & Crown Oracle available @: Rabbit's Moon Tarot 💚

Return to “Lenormand Circles: Fun with 3-card readings: Hosted by Joan Marie”