This forum is officially closed. It will however remain online and active in a limited form for the time being.

Lenormand Circle sign-up: Fictive Readings

All activity for the October Lenormand group found here.
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Lenormand Circle sign-up: Fictive Readings

Post by Joan Marie »

There's been some talk lately about "fictive" readings, that is, doing readings for fictional characters or for made up scenarios.

I'd like to give that a try. Because the stakes are low (non-existent really) as a reader you can really let loose and say exactly what you see in the cards without any hedging or sugar-coating or looking for a positive spin.

I think we all know that a lot of doing a reading is a kind of story-telling. We don't only interpret the cards, we have to turn that interpretation into some kind of narrative for the sitter.

This exercise is meant to give you some space to practice that skill with another person.

Think of it like the kinds of exercises actors do in acting classes to just loosen up and get in touch with their voice, their style. Or the kinds of things writers do to bust through writer's block.

There is an element of creative writing here, but how far you take that is up to you and the story you have to work with.

Sitters: Think of a situation in a story you know and express that situation to the reader as if it were your own with a question at the end. It could be from a book, a film, a tv episode. It isn't necessary that the reader know the story, in fact maybe it's better if they don't. The idea is just to offer a juicy question for the reader to work with in a 3 or 5-card spread.

Readers: Choose any spread you like, and try to answer the question.

Afterwards, the sitter's feedback will consist more of a critique of the interpretation, as opposed to the "that resonated" kind of feedback. The partners will really be working together to exchange thoughts on how the cards are read.

Besides being a skill-builder, this exercise is meant to be fun because reading cards and having cards read for us is fun. Sometimes that gets a little lost in the world of problems and learning card meanings and symbols and stuff.

So, if you are down to try this little experiment, just reply to this post.

Dates:
Respond here to sign up by October 9.
Partners assigned October 10.
Readings posted by October 23.
Feedback posted by October 31.

The more the merrier!
Thanks everyone!

BTW- if you want to play but don't have a Lenny deck (yet) there is a 3-card computer draw on my website you can use. (scroll down a little bit, you'll see it.)
You can take a screenshot of it for your post OR just name the cards and I'll post them for you.
Button Soup Tarot, Star & Crown Oracle available @: Rabbit's Moon Tarot 💚
Charlie Brown
Sage

Re: Lenormand Circle sign-up: Fictive Readings

Post by Charlie Brown »

ok
I believe in Crystal Light.
Rachelcat
Sage

Post by Rachelcat »

I'll sign up!

I did a tarot reading for Juliet on Aeclectic, and it was so sad. So I'll pick a more cheerful story / question this time!
Please join us in This Week's Deck!

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
Myperception
Sage

Post by Myperception »

I will try :)
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

Since we are an even number, lets do pairs.

Rachelcat and Myperception

Charlie Brown and Joan Marie
Button Soup Tarot, Star & Crown Oracle available @: Rabbit's Moon Tarot 💚

Return to “Lenormand Circles: Fun with 3-card readings: Hosted by Joan Marie”