This forum is officially closed. It will however remain online and active in a limited form for the time being.

Working With Shadow Cards Sign Up, October 2019

All activity for the October 2019 Working with ShadowCards group found here.
kare
Sage

Working With Shadow Cards Sign Up, October 2019

Post by kare »

Hi! This group will be working with shadow cards in oracle or tarot decks. The shadow card is typically the card that sits on the bottom of a deck after pulling your cards for your reading. It is the counterpoint to the cards on the top of the deck, and so it can be read as a counterpoint to the main reading. A point of tension, an opposing or alternative perspective. Some might read them as a caution or opposing influence.

I do not have a set way of interpreting the shadow card, all perspectives are welcome. I hope to learn from others here in this process.

I propose that we keep the main spread simple. A three card spread of your choice. Then pull the shadow card and add that into your interpretation of the reading. This would work with tarot or oracle, but feel free to suggest another type of reading tool that you think would work.

The way it works here if you haven't been a part of a reading group before is that you are assigned randomly a partner to exchange readings with, which you post in this public topic, preferably with an image of the reading. After receiving your reading from your partner, you provide feedback to them in a post to the same thread. If there is an odd number of participants, we will do it slightly differently. After you sign up, please check the topic for your reading partner and steps on starting a thread on October 10.

I look forward to working with you! Let me know if you have any questions or need help.

Reply to this post if you'd like to participate. Thank you.

Dates:
Respond here to sign up by October 9.
Partners assigned October 10.
Readings posted by October 23.
Feedback posted by October 31.
Amoroso
Sage

Re: Working With Shadow Cards Sign Up, October 2019

Post by Amoroso »

Seems apt for the coming sabbat. I'm in.
Start strong
End stronger
kare
Sage

Post by kare »

Amoroso wrote: 01 Oct 2019, 04:50 Seems apt for the coming sabbat. I'm in.
I didn't even think of that seasonal connection. Now I'm looking forward even more. Thank you and thank you for joining.
Rachelcat
Sage

Post by Rachelcat »

I'll join in!

I've always been superstitious about bottom-of-the-deck cards (and jumpers). I fearfully try to ignore them for some reason. Hopefully, doing this to learn a way of working with them will cure me! Thanks for the opportunity to experiment!
Please join us in This Week's Deck!

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
Charlie Brown
Sage

Post by Charlie Brown »

I'll do it.
I believe in Crystal Light.
kare
Sage

Post by kare »

Rachelcat wrote: 01 Oct 2019, 15:19 I'll join in!

I've always been superstitious about bottom-of-the-deck cards (and jumpers). I fearfully try to ignore them for some reason. Hopefully, doing this to learn a way of working with them will cure me! Thanks for the opportunity to experiment!
It's great to be in a group with you again!
kare
Sage

Post by kare »

Charlie Brown wrote: 01 Oct 2019, 15:23 I'll do it.
Thank you! I'm looking forward to your insight.
Myperception
Sage

Post by Myperception »

I am back and would like to give this a try :)
kare
Sage

Post by kare »

Myperception wrote: 08 Oct 2019, 07:45 I am back and would like to give this a try :)
Awesome! I will pair readers up today.

Return to “Working with Shadow Cards: Hosted by kare”