This forum is officially closed. It will however remain online and active in a limited form for the time being.

Shadow Cards Rachelcat reads for Myperception

All activity for the October 2019 Working with ShadowCards group found here.
Rachelcat
Sage

Shadow Cards Rachelcat reads for Myperception

Post by Rachelcat »

Hi! Sorry I'm late. (Got lazy over the weekend and then the forum was down.) I'm back and ready to read!

Please let me know your question or topic. In the meantime, I'll figure out a spread and a shadow card strategy!

Sorry and thanks!
Please join us in This Week's Deck!

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
Myperception
Sage

Re: Shadow Cards Rachelcat reads for Myperception

Post by Myperception »

Hi Rachelcat, I think to avoid myself get confused, I will post my shadow card question here.

I am very tempting to buy a photograph that cost me a few hundred dollars, it’s sound crazy for a 3R old photograph nearly more than 20 years ago, gonna cost me this much. But I just can’t help myself falling into it. I saw it was disappear from my wishlist few days back, and I quickly contacted the customer service staff to check for me whether it was still there, and luckily due to system error, the photograph still there, no buyer yet. But I can see from the list, there are 4 watch list of this photograph. That was the time, I realise that how much I felt that I don’t wana lose that photograph.

My question is what will happen if I insist to buy the expensive photograph?
Charlie Brown
Sage

Post by Charlie Brown »

I believe in Crystal Light.
Rachelcat
Sage

Post by Rachelcat »

Here's you reading, which is definitely different than what I expected!

What will happen if Myperception buys the expensive photograph?

Myperception shadow.jpg

(Sorry for the sideways pic. I can't seem to get it to work right!)

You: Judgment
This issue is very important to you. It’s not something you don't usually do, and you think if you buy it, that will be a big step for you. Also there is some very deep reason why you want the photo so badly. It answers some kind of spiritual need you have.

Situation/issue: King of Swords
You’re trying to deal with this issue rationally, by using your mind to weigh the pros and cons, and trying to take charge of your desire by trying not to give in to it without showing that you’re still boss (king) over your desires.

Outcome: Tower
For some reason, if you give in and buy the photo, it will be a disaster!!?? Most probably, it won’t satisfy the spiritual or other longing you have for it. Or you pay for it and you never get it, or it’s damaged or something. Or it triggers some kind of negative emotions in you that you don’t expect. Or you’ll find that just as you spend the money, you’ll need the money for something more pressing.

Advice: King of Cups
Instead of trying to be rational about this issue, try checking in with your feelings. Which it looks like you’ve done by understanding that you kind of panicked when you thought it was already bought. With that weird Tower, I would say also check in with your feelings about the photo itself, not just how you feel about buying it. It might be a trigger for something not very nice somehow.

Shadow: Ace of Swords
I’m going to say that the shadow card from the bottom of the deck represents something unknown about the situation. What you don’t know is that the selling of the photo is the seller’s big idea. Maybe it’s some kind of human behavioral experiment and he/she is experimenting on you to see how you’ll react: to the price, to the sudden disappearance and reappearance of the product. Or may just to see how much he/she can get away with price-wise. So be careful!

Well, sorry this is such a negative reading, but I just read what the cards say. With Judgment and the Tower in the reading, it looks like there’s more here than just a decision to buy a (kind of pricey) bauble. And, while the Ace of Swords isn’t negative in itself, as something hidden, it triggers a definite need for caution.

Please let me know what you think. I’m curious about how you see the majors in this issue. Thank you for letting me read for you!

Myperception
Sage

Post by Myperception »

Hi Rachelcat, this is a very interesting shadow card reading ! It’s weird that I did have the suspicious thoughts in mind, let me go into details.

Judgement : To me this is more to a test of my desire, a situation that I need to face to handle my desire vs the reality. Though I want it badly, but I must not overlook the price, it may not sound reasonable.

King of Swords : Yes. I have to win over my desire. My mind is the boss, and so do I.

Tower : From here, I do not know why I felt that I will lost the photo. I know it sounds weird, but I just feel this way, don’t know why. Maybe it will go lost or damage while courier to me.

King of Cups : I am not sure how to apply this. I am very sure if I am going to lost this photo to another buyer again, I think I will go panic or act recklessly maybe. But I think I need time to digest this abit.

Ace of Swords : This is what I exactly worried about. You had point out my doubt. That’s the reason why until today I still do not feel secure to press the purchase button, but save into my shopping cart.

You had done a great reading and point out what I doubt, even I didn’t say it out. I will seriously think about this before decide what to do and how to go about it.

Again, I appreciate your reading and it is very helpful to me ! Thank you.

-Sam
Rachelcat
Sage

Post by Rachelcat »

Thanks for your feedback. Interesting that you are having doubts. Well, good luck! I hope it all turns out well!

Return to “Working with Shadow Cards: Hosted by kare”