This forum is officially closed. It will however remain online and active in a limited form for the time being.

Marigold reads for Rachelcat

All activity for the October 2019 TdM reading group found here.
Diana
Sage

Marigold reads for Rachelcat

Post by Diana »

Hi Rachelcat ! It's a pleasure to read for you this time. How can I be of service ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Q_ZzBGPdqE
Rumi was asked “which music sound is haram?” Rumi replied, "The sound of tablespoons playing in the pots of the rich, which are heard by the ears of the poor and hungry." (haram means forbidden)
Rachelcat
Sage

Re: Marigold reads for Rachelcat

Post by Rachelcat »

I love your soundtrack! But I know you can do it! I have faith in you!

I always have trouble coming up with a question, but I know it helps the reader to have something to focus on, so here's my perennial question:

Should I keep working on my tarot project, or should I finally concede that it's not going to ever be completed? The only thing standing in my way is me, but it might be too old for me to want to put the energy into it anymore. Even though I still think it's a great idea!

So any insight on that would be great. Thanks so much for reading for me!
Please join us in This Week's Deck!

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
Charlie Brown
Sage

Post by Charlie Brown »

fwiw, I think this is a great question for the French Cross.
I believe in Crystal Light.
Diana
Sage

Post by Diana »

Rachelcat wrote: 15 Oct 2019, 15:36
Should I keep working on my tarot project, or should I finally concede that it's not going to ever be completed? The only thing standing in my way is me, but it might be too old for me to want to put the energy into it anymore. Even though I still think it's a great idea!

So any insight on that would be great. Thanks so much for reading for me!
It's a very valid question. I'll do my best with this Tirage en Croix which is all new to me. It'll be done by the end of the week most likely.
Rumi was asked “which music sound is haram?” Rumi replied, "The sound of tablespoons playing in the pots of the rich, which are heard by the ears of the poor and hungry." (haram means forbidden)
Charlie Brown
Sage

Post by Charlie Brown »

if you want my opinion, I'll butt in and say that I think the version with the past/present cards is the better choice for this one.
I believe in Crystal Light.
Diana
Sage

Post by Diana »

Rachelcat, I won't be able to keep the deadline of the 23rd. I'll do the reading on the 24th. There's some stuff going on that I have to deal with that was unexpected, and I won't have the peace of mind nor even the time to do it till Thursday. But I've blocked some time in my diary on Thursday for this. I apologise, I don't like not keeping my promises but this stuff that's going on has to be my priority.
Rachelcat
Sage

Post by Rachelcat »

Of course, no problem. I hope your stuff all turns out well.

Diana
Sage

Post by Diana »

Rachelcat wrote: 15 Oct 2019, 15:36 Should I keep working on my tarot project, or should I finally concede that it's not going to ever be completed? The only thing standing in my way is me, but it might be too old for me to want to put the energy into it anymore. Even though I still think it's a great idea!
So, I promised to do the reading today, and managed to respect my deadline. Thanks for your patience. (Also I have a substitute old laptop till my new laptop arrives next week so am even able to post it!)

I don't believe I know of the background to your tarot project, which pleases me, as I do this reading with no preconceived ideas.

Grimaud Tarot de Marseille (the one that always speaks the loudest to me). (Photo turns upright when you click on it.)

Tirage en croix Rachelcat.jpg

For : Le Mat (Fool). What do you have to lose ? Le Mat is a dreamer, a wanderer in foreign lands although for him nothing is really foreign. He doesn’t have a final destination in view – he just goes where the wind takes him. And it’s through all the experiences that he has that he can enrich himself and the world he encounters. Whatever he does or wherever he goes, there’s no judgment about good or bad, positive or negative – they are just experiences.

Against : La Papesse. You said it yourself, you’re your worst enemy here. You’re sitting there with the project on your lap admiring it but it’s still just a “book” – it’s not alive. It’s a good project as you know. Deep and profound and with lots of secrets to be revealed. You even believe in it as you mentioned, which the Papesse confirms. You are right to believe in it.

Past : Roue de Fortune. Here you are going round and round like a hamster on a wheel, not knowing exactly which direction you should take, so you decide it’s better to stay on the wheel rather than make a decision. At least there you know where you are, even if it’s not too comfortable. There’s procrastination present as well. La Papesse too is procrastinating. So both Past and Against speak of procrastination which is hugely unhelpful when it comes to projects.

Present : Temperance. Well, Temperance would like to put an end to this project. Tie up all the loose ends with her magical alchemy. If she has appeared, it means you have that magical alchemy too if you choose to pursue the project. Also you seem to have the time (Temperance also speaks of Time) and the energy to do so (Temperance has all she needs).

Quintessence (answer – action to be taken) : La Justice. You know, Rachelcat, the Tarot doesn’t mind one way or the other whether you finish the project or not. She just wants to you make a decision – one that you feel comfortable with and which you believe will be the most just for you. The Fool stands out so much in this spread, that I believe what is Just for you can be found in him... although he's in the past, the Fool has no actual fixed position in the Tarot. He is everywhere and nowhere at the same time. He comes and go as will without restriction. You could decide to take this project more seriously and pursue it, with what should surely have a good result and outcome, as La Papesse has a really great book on her lap that is worth recounting. However, if you choose to abandon it, it must be done without regret. Le Mat has no regrets. He takes no belongings with him - just the bare necessities, which includes his large spoon which also serves to carry them in his little bag.

Le Mat and La Papesse are facing each other. What a contrast. One so active and one so passive. Temperance is requesting kindly that you balance these two opposite energies so they work together instead of against each other. You’ve got to get down from the Wheel, walk away from it like Le Mat and find a sense of freedom from this project which is often there nagging you and which requires a resolution. IT IS TIME !!! (there is it seems always an element of time with Temperance.) Really – this is a good moment to make a decision. Justice is a stern card – it doesn’t beat about the bush. Le Mat and La Papesse, due to the capacity of Le Mat to not be constrained by barriers, could cross over that seeming barrier of Justice that is separating them and meet, and what a lovely time they will have together, Le Mat with his dreams, and La Papesse with her wisdom. What a pair they would make !

Justice and Temperance both ask you to weigh up the pros and cons of doing the project. Will the efforts required to complete it weary you ? Will the work and the expected end result give you a sense of freedom or just a sense of mission accomplished ? Will there be joy in what you do – Temperance seems to indicate that it would, as well as Le Mat, but there again, it’s not a command nor even a preference. Visualise yourself putting the project in the bin of old dreams, and imagine how you would feel. Would you feel bad about binning it, or will you feel lighter not having this hovering above you ? Justice tells you that whatever decision you take will actually be the right one for you. It’s sort of a win-win situation. You’ve nothing to lose either way – as Le Mat reminds us. Go with the wind and let it take you where it will.

The reading is pretty straightforward, and I’d have loved to waffle on for a few more pages, but wouldn’t know how to. It’s sort of a “weigh up the pros and cons and either do it or don’t kind of reading but don't hang on it for much longer – let it go if you feel like it.” So La Papesse needs to retire within herself for a little while longer to meditate on this – but not for too long, otherwise the Wheel of Fortune will just come back to haunt you.

Now, when I read and play with the Tarot, often a song pops up in my mind and I start humming and singing. Here is the one that popped up now (it does on occasion when Le Mat suddenly appears before doing his vanishing trick again. So here's another soundtrack for you (the Tarot and music go so well together I find) : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=El9eCRisbDo. The song starts at about 1 min 10 seconds.
Rachelcat
Sage

Post by Rachelcat »

First of all, this is a really good reading. It’s a great example of a majors only reading. And a cross reading, with the comparing, contrasting, and blending of the opposite cards.

As far as accuracy, it’s exact. How do you know how I’m feeling about all this?! The cards, of course! I have kind of given up beating myself up about finishing the project, but as I said, I still think it’s a good idea and I think it would be well received. But basically there is no down side to working on it. Why not, like the fool.

The contrast of the Fool and Priestess is definitely where I am. The fun and joy of creating and working out the ideas has turned into the drudgery of writing it all out and putting it into comprehensible English. But I keep telling myself I can do that. I always thought I was better at that than the creativity part. But now I’m not so sure . . .

Like you said, if I give up on it, it needs to be without regrets. Or I’ll, uh, regret it! Interesting that you say it’s totally up to me. No terrible repercussions if I don’t finish. Makes sense. Another idea for the Wheel is that everything takes longer than you think. It will come in its own time. On the other hand, I can’t do it if I don’t take the time to do it!

I like what you said about Temperance: use her magical alchemy to tie up the lose ends. And Fool’s dreaming and Priestess’s wisdom. All very motivational!

Thank you for the Fool’s song! Good advice to get back to the fun and joy and dreaming of creating!

Thanks for this reading. It really helps and was definitely worth the wait!

Diana
Sage

Post by Diana »

Thank you for your rapid feedback and your kind remarks. 😊

While I was reading your feedback, a short poem by William Blake came to mind. You probably know it. It's called Eternity.

He who binds to himself a joy
Does the winged life destroy;
But he who kisses the joy as it flies
Lives in Eternity’s sunrise.

Regardless of your decision, you'll be free. You can decide to let the winged life out of its cage and allow it to become your companion, but free to stretch its wings at last. I can just imagine the delicious cocktails of exotic fruit that they would drink together, the Fool and the Papesse. Or... you could decide to open the window and let the winged life fly off into the land where winged life goes, whatever mysterious land that may be.

But it's a pity to stay on the Wheel. It's a waste of time. You mention the time - there is an element of it here, but not as far as I can see in the sense you meant it, i.e. that everything takes longer that one thinks. That's the procrastination element creeping in for which you're trying to find a good excuse and justification, it would seem to me. But it is a waste of time. Going round and round and round like a Ferris Wheel. I hate Ferris Wheels. Once you've gone round twice, you've seen it all. Up and down up and down. Pffff...

Let us know what you decide !!!

Return to “Tarot de Marseille Group: Hosted by Charlie Brown”