This forum is officially closed. It will however remain online and active in a limited form for the time being.

Qndynes's Sacred Days of the Autumnal Equinox 2019

A special 12-Day reading to greet the change of season. From Nemia's Four Corners of the Year reading exercise.
qndynes
Sage

Qndynes's Sacred Days of the Autumnal Equinox 2019

Post by qndynes »

Day 1 18.9. Ludi magni games - Roman games in honour of the god Jupiter, celebrated with circus performances. This card reflects the spirit of celebration in your life, and how you can bring more joy and playfulness to yourself and others.

Day 2 19.9. Day of Our Lady of La Salette - an apparition of the Christian Mother of God/Holy Virgin. She brings message of hope to humanity. Where is your personal source of hope and spirituality?

Day 3 20.9. Sedna, Inuit Goddess of the Sea - This card asks you to address your fears and shadows before the winter comes, like the Inuit did in their Sedna festival.

Day 4 21.9. Eleusinia - an ancient Greek holiday, commemorating Demeter and Persephone. She has to leave the world of of growth and abundance and descend to the realm of death. This card reflects grief, sadness and the traces of tears in your life. Acknowledge and honour them.

Day 5 22.9. Meditrinalia - an ancient Greek holiday honoring the goddess of healing. Think about your healing process and how you can continue it. Where do you draw strength from? How can you heal and nurture yourself in the future? Pamper yourself today and close these twelve days of introspection with healing thoughts.

Day 6 23.9. Autumn Solstice - Libra - Mabon - the day of perfect equilibrium. A day for two cards. What is growing in your life, what is decreasing? This two-card reading reflects the balance of your energies and, if there is imbalance, what you need to address.

Day 7 24.9. Brazil holiday of Maiso, mother goddess - what is the role of your mother in your life, how do you mother yourself/father yourself? Reflect on the maternal/paternal archetypes within yourself, and how you can make them work for you, not against you.

Day 8 25.9. Greek holiday Pyanopsia - Thanksgiving for the fruits of the sun. Wind white or purple wool around a laurel or olive branch, and hang or arrange fruit around it. These don't have to be actual fruit - you can write on a paper things that you are grateful for. What is the fruit of your past action, ripening now?

Day 9 26.9. Holiday of Neptune - This is a card about anger and anger management. Contemplate about how you deal with negative feelings. Is there a way to tranform negative energies into positive ones, making your anger pull your carriage and drive you on?

Day 10 27.9. Vendémiaire - month of the grape harvest in the French revolutionary calendar month. Raise your glass to your big and small achievements in the last year, either with wine or grape juice, and enjoy your success.

Day 11 28.9. Maha Navami - a Hindu holiday celebrating goddess Durga's victory over a demon. Part of the celebrations is chanting. Reflect on a victory you want to win over the next three months, and devise a chant for it. Write it down where you can see it and envision the joy you will feel when you reach this goal.

Day 12 29.9. Rosh HaShana - beginning of the Jewish New Year. It's a Jewish custom to send greetings and good wishes to people in your life. Use this day to focus on the people who are important to you, what you can do to strengthen your ties to them, and contact at least one person you have neglected lately.
Thoughts are things, and words have wings.
qndynes
Sage

Re: Qndynes's Sacred Days of the Autumnal Equinox 2019

Post by qndynes »

I decided to change my deck choice and go with a tarot deck, thr Piatnuk-Wien TDM or Tarot Pointner.

Day 1 18.9. Ludi magni games - Roman games in honour of the god Jupiter, celebrated with circus performances. This card reflects the spirit of celebration in your life, and how you can bring more joy and playfulness to yourself and others.

Jupiter, the greater benefic, and God of blessings. On his celebration I receive the eight of batons and the king of the same suit. I see the fruitfullness of labor well spent and aimed. There is joy to be found in achievements, in aspiring, working hard, paving the way, and achieving the goal. To bring more joy in my life at this stage in the game is to see things through, to accomplish what I initially set out to do, and to do so with aplomb. Here's to me seeing things through and honing my discipline and determination.

20190918_215423(1)-460x435.jpg
20190918_215423(1)-460x435.jpg (122.26 KiB) Viewed 1547 times
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

qndynes wrote: 19 Sep 2019, 02:03
I see the fruitfullness of labor well spent and aimed. There is joy to be found in achievements, in aspiring, working hard, paving the way, and achieving the goal. To bring more joy in my life at this stage in the game is to see things through, to accomplish what I initially set out to do, and to do so with aplomb. Here's to me seeing things through and honing my discipline and determination.
Funny how on the 1st day when the theme is party and celebration, all of us got a message that, as you put it so well, joy is found in achievements. This fits the season, doesn't it?
Button Soup Tarot, Star & Crown Oracle available @: Rabbit's Moon Tarot 💚
qndynes
Sage

Post by qndynes »

Joan Marie wrote: 19 Sep 2019, 16:38
qndynes wrote: 19 Sep 2019, 02:03
I see the fruitfullness of labor well spent and aimed. There is joy to be found in achievements, in aspiring, working hard, paving the way, and achieving the goal. To bring more joy in my life at this stage in the game is to see things through, to accomplish what I initially set out to do, and to do so with aplomb. Here's to me seeing things through and honing my discipline and determination.
Funny how on the 1st day when the theme is party and celebration, all of us got a message that, as you put it so well, joy is found in achievements. This fits the season, doesn't it?
Indeed! It feels like we've or at least I've spent a good portion of the year sowing and sowing and learning to tend to what I've sown only to now start seeing the shoots spring upward.
qndynes
Sage

Post by qndynes »

Day 2 19.9. Day of Our Lady of La Salette - an apparition of the Christian Mother of God/Holy Virgin. She brings message of hope to humanity. Where is your personal source of hope and spirituality?
The valet of baton and queen of swords popped up here. My personal source of hope and spirituality is pinpointing potential. Of seizing the as yet unformed and giving it shape, direction, and power. Well, this is a good message, it feels like a strong message.

20190919_202245(1)-492x488.jpg
qndynes
Sage

Post by qndynes »

Day 3 20.9. Sedna, Inuit Goddess of the Sea - This card asks you to address your fears and shadows before the winter comes, like the Inuit did in their Sedna festival.
Addressing the deep. Ooh I like this one. So the 9 of batons and the 3 of cups, jumping right into it all I can think of are questions. How do I modulate inspiration and the muse? Where do I draw the line between pushing too hard against what I want to bring forth creatively and also spiritually, and exhaustion. This is saying to me that I can easily overwork myself for minimum returns/satisfaction. I need to find a balance between truly pushing outward and birthing my dreams and desires, while also keeping the work put into it consistent and stable.

20190924_200525(1)-442x416.jpg
20190924_200525(1)-442x416.jpg (127.11 KiB) Viewed 1505 times
qndynes
Sage

Post by qndynes »

Day 4 21.9. Eleusinia - an ancient Greek holiday, commemorating Demeter and Persephone. She has to leave the world of growth and abundance and descend to the realm of death. This card reflects grief, sadness and the traces of tears in your life. Acknowledge and honour them.

Goodness these prompts are on point and the cards are cutting right to the heart. Here the valet of batons and 10 of swords preside. I honor my failures, all the pain endured and the frustrated attempts at projects and dreams. I honor these stripes and these cuts but I must also move beyond them and strike new roads, move in new directions, without looking back and dwelling on what is not nor on what didn't work out.

20190924_201317(1)-492x438.jpg
qndynes
Sage

Post by qndynes »

Day 5 22.9. Meditrinalia - an ancient Greek holiday honoring the goddess of healing. Think about your healing process and how you can continue it. Where do you draw strength from? How can you heal and nurture yourself in the future? Pamper yourself today with healing thoughts.
The lovely queen of batons starts the line. I draw my strength from knowing what needs to be done and doing it. Overcoming obstacles with daring, with labour, and with zest. My healing comes from movement, addressing obstacles and batting them away. Never shying away from difficult situations.

20190924_202406(1)-430x407.jpg
20190924_202406(1)-430x407.jpg (131.15 KiB) Viewed 1505 times
qndynes
Sage

Post by qndynes »

I'm a tad late but I do want to finish my sacred days readings, and september has been so ridiculously hectic for me, I'm hoping there's more space for a little me time in October.

Day 6 23.9. Autumn Solstice - Libra - Mabon - the day of perfect equilibrium. A day for two cards. What is growing in your life, what is decreasing? This two-card reading reflects the balance of your energies and, if there is imbalance, what you need to address.

This is really cool. What is decreasing is indecision while my activity and proactiveness grows. Goodness, I've been proactive and definitely active this past month. I hope that this means that I'm more so with my own things as well this October. Finishing a couple of writings I have in the pipeline and also a bit of tedious paperwork that needa to get done. I can also see how these cards indicate that whatever was held back and restrained with the swords is set loose and now given space to grow.

20191002_194937(1)-507x487.jpg
qndynes
Sage

Post by qndynes »

Day 7 24.9. Brazil holiday of Maiso, mother goddess - what is the role of your mother in your life, how do you mother yourself/father yourself? Reflect on the maternal/paternal archetypes within yourself, and how you can make them work for you, not against you.
This one is tricky, both aspects. Not sure how to see the whole picture but I do get a feeling of stability. That I've worked hard to build a stable foundation for myself in approaching these two touchy roles, the mother and the father. I actively and conscientiously attempt my engagement with these roles as I am a mother myself and am aware of the scars I want to heal within me and those I want to avoid giving to my son.

20191002_195708(1)-520x512.jpg
qndynes
Sage

Post by qndynes »

Day 8 25.9. Greek holiday Pyanopsia - Thanksgiving for the fruits of the sun. Wind white or purple wool around a laurel or olive branch, and hang or arrange fruit around it. These don't have to be actual fruit - you can write on a paper things that you are grateful for. What is the fruit of your past action, ripening now?
This one is unexpectedly touching. The fruits ripening now are those of healing, the salve of healing after the rest from wounds. That knight of cups looks promising and hopeful in the face of the 4 of swords. It's as if he's bringing the healing nectar to the wound itself.

20191002_200404(1)-520x489.jpg
qndynes
Sage

Post by qndynes »

Day 9 26.9. Holiday of Neptune - This is a card about anger and anger management. Contemplate about how you deal with negative feelings. Is there a way to tranform negative energies into positive ones, making your anger pull your carriage and drive you on?
Well, I don't manage my anger too well, I'm still learning how to best do that. Here it's clear I easily loose my head with the sword piercing the crown, the suggestion comes with the 3 of batons. I manage my anger best by redirecting it through physical activity.

20191002_201053_HDR(1)-518x476.jpg

Return to “Sacred days of the Autumnal Equinox 2019”