This forum is officially closed. It will however remain online and active in a limited form for the time being.

Genna´s Sacred Days of the Autumnal Equinox 2019.

A special 12-Day reading to greet the change of season. From Nemia's Four Corners of the Year reading exercise.
Genna
Seer

Genna´s Sacred Days of the Autumnal Equinox 2019.

Post by Genna »

Dag 1 18.1 Ludi magni games.
Roman games in honour of the god Jupiter, celebrated with circus performances. This card reflects the spirit of celebration in your life and how you can bring more joy and playfulness to yourself and others.

Card; Four of Staffs from Tarot of a Moongarden.

Description; In a clearing in the garden are four tree trunks, in the foreground are plants, ferns and flowers, and behind are two unicorns looking at eachother, Behind them is a hill with a fort or castle on top. The sky is black and there is a full moon. At the top the trees are bound togeather by climbing plants with flowers.

Reading; I should make baby steps and celebrate each little goal to make things more joyful and playful and also to help me reach the end goal. I should dare celebrate when it is called for.

I should take care of reasons to celebrate in a healthy way.

It also tells me that my life would be more joyful if I followerd through with my projects to the goal and didn´t abandon them.
Genna
Seer

Re: Genna´s Sacred Days of the Autumnal Equinox 2019.

Post by Genna »

Day 2 19.9 Day of Our Lady of La Salette- an apparition of the Christian Mother of God/Holy Virgin. She brings message of hope to humanity. Where is your personal source of hope and spirituality?

Card; Wheel of Fortune.

Description. A merry-go-round with mystical animals instead of horses; a cobra, a blue dog with two tails, a lion, a lilac oxen, something with white wings, it is the carousel itself flying among the clouds, a scarab beetle on flying up to the merry-go- round with wings spread out. On top of this carousel sits a sphinx with a sword pointed upwards, it too has spred wings. Behind is a white mountain with the sun on the left side and night with stars on the right side. On the merry go round are mystical signs and the letters TARO.

I find solace in the year going round, the festivals repeating themselves, the celebrations of the year. That gives me hope and spirituality, participating in the different feasts.

I also think of reincarnation with the wheel of fortune. My grandfather believed in it too.
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

Genna wrote: 18 Sep 2019, 13:00 Dag 1 18.1 Ludi magni games.
Roman games in honour of the god Jupiter, celebrated with circus performances. This card reflects the spirit of celebration in your life and how you can bring more joy and playfulness to yourself and others.

It also tells me that my life would be more joyful if I followed through with my projects to the goal and didn't abandon them.
I think it's interesting that it looks like all of us (that I've seen so far) did not exactly get "party time" cards for this 1st day's draw. We all seem to be getting messages that our happiness and our work are closely tied. It's like the joy of accomplishment becomes a foundation for celebration.

It seems a fitting message for this time of year, but it's sort of surprising we are all getting it!
Button Soup Tarot, Star & Crown Oracle available @: Rabbit's Moon Tarot 💚
Genna
Seer

Post by Genna »

Joan Marie wrote: 19 Sep 2019, 16:35
I think it's interesting that it looks like all of us (that I've seen so far) did not exactly get "party time" cards for this 1st day's draw. We all seem to be getting messages that our happiness and our work are closely tied. It's like the joy of accomplishment becomes a foundation for celebration.

It seems a fitting message for this time of year, but it's sort of surprising we are all getting it!
You are right, it is striking now when you say it! It´s fun that we are getting the same kind of message!
Genna
Seer

Post by Genna »

Day 3. 20.9 Sedna, Inuit Goddess of the Sea. This card asks you to address your fears and shadows before the winter comes, like the Inuit do in their Sedna fastival.

Card; 9 of Pentacles in Tarot of a Moon Garden.

Description; A beautiful large green bird with many-coloured plumes, mostly greeen, sits on a white gate. To the left of her are blue grapes and on both sides are flowers and ferns. Up in the black sky rises nine bubbles like baloons with pentacles on them. These bubbles or baloons are rose coulored in the edges. The moon in the sky is waning.

Reading; I´m very afraid to be alone, to be left alone for the rest of my life. Even if I have what I need I crave company. Here it seems even the normally alone woman of other decks has walked out on the bird.
The bird is comfortable in the lush garden with berries close by. But anyone used to the RWS can see that the usual lady is missing, and that makes the card a little sad.
Genna
Seer

Post by Genna »

Day 4 21.9 Elusinia-an ancient Greek holiday, commemorating Demeter and Persephone. She has to leave this world of growth andabundance and descend to the realm of death. This card reflects grief, sad news and the traces of tears in your life. Anowledge amd honour them.

Card; 10 of Staffs.

Description; In the foreground are a tree root, a mushroom, ferns. Behind are ten high tree trunks, you can´t see the tree tops. Looking out between them is one tiny unicorn. He looks at a hill, and on its top is a castle or fort.

Reading; It means a job that has ended and that I mourn. I should have carried on, even if I wasn´t happy there right then. I should not have let it go. This is many years ago now.

I acknowledge this sorrow. As the job was in another country the sorrow is for a whole lifestyle; I loved living there.
Genna
Seer

Post by Genna »

Day 5, 22.9 Meditrinalia -an ancient Greek holiday honoring the goddess of healing. Think about your healing process and how you can continue it. Where do you draw strength from? How can you heal and nurture yourself in the future? Pamper yourself today and close these twelve days of inttrospection with healing thoughts.

Card; 10 of Swords.

Description; A girl lies on the ground. She lies among the ferns, you can only see her upper back and her overarms, one lies along the body, one is stretched out over her head. She has long, golden hair. She appears to be naked. You can see two red mushrooms on the ground behind her. One fern stretches in over her head and looks almost like a halo. Over her are ten dragonflies with lower bodies out of swords. They fly over her. Two swords appear to be toutching her back. In the upper left corner is the waning moon. The sky is black.

Reading; This has me stumped. What could it mean? That I am being hurt right now and must think of healing later? That the first step to healing is to acknowledge that I am being hurt, that I have wounds to tend to. First after I see that I need healing, the healing can begin?
Diana
Sage

Post by Diana »

Genna wrote: 22 Sep 2019, 13:26 Day 5, 22.9 Meditrinalia -an ancient Greek holiday honoring the goddess of healing. Think about your healing process and how you can continue it. Where do you draw strength from? How can you heal and nurture yourself in the future? Pamper yourself today and close these twelve days of inttrospection with healing thoughts.

Card; 10 of Swords.

Description; A girl lies on the ground. She lies among the ferns, you can only see her upper back and her overarms, one lies along the body, one is stretched out over her head. She has long, golden hair. She appears to be naked. You can see two red mushrooms on the ground behind her. One fern stretches in over her head and looks almost like a halo. Over her are ten dragonflies with lower bodies out of swords. They fly over her. Two swords appear to be toutching her back. In the upper left corner is the waning moon. The sky is black.

Reading; This has me stumped. What could it mean? That I am being hurt right now and must think of healing later? That the first step to healing is to acknowledge that I am being hurt, that I have wounds to tend to. First after I see that I need healing, the healing can begin?

I'm posting the picture of the card for easy reference. (If you need some assistance in how to post pictures, everyone here I'm sure would be willing to coach you. Just shout and we'll come running.)

This is not an easy exercice, these Sacred Days, but oh so enriching. And I can understand how this card stumped you. One needs to dig deep sometimes.

10 swords moongarden.jpg

I don't know what this card represents in your life. These readings are so very personal. But let me give you some thoughts that came to mind and maybe this will lead you onto something.

Those dragonflies look they're rising to remove all the hurt and pain you've had and taking it with them. In fact, I think the healing process has begun, but you don't recognise it yet because you're still there lying like a victim of your circumstances, unaware that things have changed and that the regeneration has already begun. Dragonflies, I read, are considered in many cultures to be symbol of change. I found a description which fits actually with my original thought about change and perspective, so I think I'm on the right track: "The dragonfly, in almost every part of the world symbolizes change and change in the perspective of self realization; and the kind of change that has its source in mental and emotional maturity and the understanding of the deeper meaning of life."

It's the self-realisation part. For the healing to take place, you have to yourself rise and go with the dragonflies above your past pain and into a new perspective. 10s are always the end of a cycle. So you can't just stay there (like on the Wheel of Fortune turning round and round and round) - you need to get up, stand up and be counted. Look up instead of down.
Rumi was asked “which music sound is haram?” Rumi replied, "The sound of tablespoons playing in the pots of the rich, which are heard by the ears of the poor and hungry." (haram means forbidden)
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

Genna wrote: 22 Sep 2019, 13:26 Reading; This has me stumped. What could it mean? That I am being hurt right now and must think of healing later? That the first step to healing is to acknowledge that I am being hurt, that I have wounds to tend to. First after I see that I need healing, the healing can begin?
Forgive me for jumping in..but it looked like you were asking..

I think you might be right about it being the need to acknowledge the hurt, the damage. But it seems so obvious in this card that there's hurt, it seems strange the message would be "acknowledge it first."

But here's a thought. We all have our narratives, the stories of our life. And those get kind of fixed in our mind, that is once we've made ourselves comfortable with them, even if it's a terrible story, we're at least used to it. And maybe that's what the card is suggesting that you take a look at the story you've been living with and make sure it's complete, with nothing left out. Sometimes there are things so bad we only half-acknowledge them because it's just too hard to look at the whole thing and it's implications. Or we make excuses for people, or for ourselves. Consequently, the real story remains untold, even to ourselves. We accept the narrative that's been created as the final version.

Now I have no idea if any of this has anything to do with any hurt you've experienced, I'm just making general observations. I find that we all have a tendency to mythologise the troubling people in our lives. Make them into so much more than they really really are. In reality, they are usually just dull, banal and unimaginative people posing as important or interesting. They try to steal other people's light because they don't have any of their own, but they can't even do that.

This is how I see the Devil card, especially the RWS one.

Anyway, thanks for letting me comment! 💚 That's a tough card to get anytime, but for today's theme, that's pretty intense!
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

Marigold wrote: 22 Sep 2019, 17:18 Dragonflies, I read, are considered in many cultures to be symbol of change. I found a description which fits actually with my original thought about change and perspective, so I think I'm on the right track: "The dragonfly, in almost every part of the world symbolizes change and change in the perspective of self realization; and the kind of change that has its source in mental and emotional maturity and the understanding of the deeper meaning of life."
That's really nice. I knew dragonflies meant something.
Genna
Seer

Post by Genna »

Marigold wrote: 22 Sep 2019, 17:18
I'm posting the picture of the card for easy reference. (If you need some assistance in how to post pictures, everyone here I'm sure would be willing to coach you. Just shout and we'll come running.)

This is not an easy exercice, these Sacred Days, but oh so enriching. And I can understand how this card stumped you. One needs to dig deep sometimes.

10 swords moongarden.jpg

I don't know what this card represents in your life. These readings are so very personal. But let me give you some thoughts that came to mind and maybe this will lead you onto something.

Those dragonflies look they're rising to remove all the hurt and pain you've had and taking it with them. In fact, I think the healing process has begun, but you don't recognise it yet because you're still there lying like a victim of your circumstances, unaware that things have changed and that the regeneration has already begun. Dragonflies, I read, are considered in many cultures to be symbol of change. I found a description which fits actually with my original thought about change and perspective, so I think I'm on the right track: "The dragonfly, in almost every part of the world symbolizes change and change in the perspective of self realization; and the kind of change that has its source in mental and emotional maturity and the understanding of the deeper meaning of life."

It's the self-realisation part. For the healing to take place, you have to yourself rise and go with the dragonflies above your past pain and into a new perspective. 10s are always the end of a cycle. So you can't just stay there (like on the Wheel of Fortune turning round and round and round) - you need to get up, stand up and be counted. Look up instead of down.
Thank you so much for posting the picture of 10 of Swords from Moongarden. I have never posted pictures, so I really don´t know how to do. It´s difficult to describe all these swords and bubbles in the air. Thanks for the offer to teach me how! Thanks for seeing how dragonflies mean transformation!

It was a very healing reading that the hurt has lifted and is going away. I hadn´t looked at it this way. Now I can see it too. The swords has transformed into dragonflies and are going away. And I have to get up. Not lie down anymore. Thank you for seeing this so I can follow the cards advice.
Genna
Seer

Post by Genna »

Joan Marie wrote: 22 Sep 2019, 17:37

But here's a thought. We all have our narratives, the stories of our life. And those get kind of fixed in our mind, that is once we've made ourselves comfortable with them, even if it's a terrible story, we're at least used to it. And maybe that's what the card is suggesting that you take a look at the story you've been living with and make sure it's complete, with nothing left out. Sometimes there are things so bad we only half-acknowledge them because it's just too hard to look at the whole thing and it's implications. Or we make excuses for people, or for ourselves. Consequently, the real story remains untold, even to ourselves. We accept the narrative that's been created as the final version.

Now I have no idea if any of this has anything to do with any hurt you've experienced, I'm just making general observations. I find that we all have a tendency to mythologise the troubling people in our lives. Make them into so much more than they really really are. In reality, they are usually just dull, banal and unimaginative people posing as important or interesting. They try to steal other people's light because they don't have any of their own, but they can't even do that.

This is how I see the Devil card, especially the RWS one.

I think you are right. Thank you for helping me out. I´m making something into a tradgedy with villains and everything. And maybe it´s just extreme bad luck and the wrong people mixing. I need to stop dramatize this story.
Diana
Sage

Post by Diana »

Genna wrote: 22 Sep 2019, 19:07 The swords has transformed into dragonflies and are going away. And I have to get up. Not lie down anymore.
In the Tarot, when there are winged creatures, they evoke divine protection and spiritual messages (angels can be viewed as messages from the divine). So you have been greatly blessed. You have not been alone all this time - you are being watched over. Take deep comfort from this and give thanks. Say hello to a bird, or make a baby laugh. That kind of thanks puts a smile on the faces of these "angels".

There are still two swords that seem to be attached to you. You could perhaps reflect on two things that are still bothering you and see what steps you could take to heal those situations. The dragonflies are there to help you, they are your angels, but you need to cooperate with them for them to transform. If you're unsure of what these issues may be, or if there are too many to choose from, you could do a reading on this. Sometimes, it's not what seems to be the biggest issue that is the key to solving a problem. Sometimes it's like a stack of cards. You remove one which seems insignificant, and all the others come tumbling down.
Rumi was asked “which music sound is haram?” Rumi replied, "The sound of tablespoons playing in the pots of the rich, which are heard by the ears of the poor and hungry." (haram means forbidden)
Genna
Seer

Post by Genna »

Marigold wrote: 22 Sep 2019, 19:27
Genna wrote: 22 Sep 2019, 19:07 The swords has transformed into dragonflies and are going away. And I have to get up. Not lie down anymore.
In the Tarot, when there are winged creatures, they evoke divine protection and spiritual messages (angels can be viewed as messages from the divine). So you have been greatly blessed. You have not been alone all this time - you are being watched over. Take deep comfort from this and give thanks. Say hello to a bird, or make a baby laugh. That kind of thanks puts a smile on the faces of these "angels".

There are still two swords that seem to be attached to you. You could perhaps reflect on two things that are still bothering you and see what steps you could take to heal those situations. The dragonflies are there to help you, they are your angels, but you need to cooperate with them for them to transform. If you're unsure of what these issues may be, or if there are too many to choose from, you could do a reading on this. Sometimes, it's not what seems to be the biggest issue that is the key to solving a problem. Sometimes it's like a stack of cards. You remove one which seems insignificant, and all the others come tumbling down.
That was good advice and very comforting! Thank you!
Genna
Seer

Post by Genna »

Autumn Solstice - Libra - Mabon - the day of perfect equilibrium. A day for two cards. What is growing in your life, what is decreasing. The two-card reading reflects the balance of your energies and, if there is imbalance, what you need to address.

Cards; 10 of Swords and Page of Staffs in Tarot of a Moongarden

The ten is the same card as yesterday. The Page is holding on to a tree and looking out while his white horse is grassing behind him. There are a lot of high ferns behind him and mushrooms in front of him. He has blue eyes and golden blond hair. He has on a purple tunic and dark red trousers and a dark red mantle. The tunics arms have green and yellow striped undersleeves, and has greeen and yellow bands around the neck. The mantle is fastened with a golden button and billows out in the wind. Above the page is a butterfly with white and light blue wings and above him is the new moon.

It seems like the ten of Swords I got yesterday was really important, as it has turned up again for what is growing in my life. It seems like I will have to work a lot with the swords/dragonflies that are still attached to me.

The contact with others (page of Wands and butterfly stands for messages) will lessen as I must make place for working with these energies. Maybe important messages will not reach me because I am so caught up in work with my demons. I don´t like that so I will work extra hard to get what is troubling me out of the way.
Genna
Seer

Post by Genna »

Day 7 24.9 Brazil holiday of Maiso, mother goddess - what is the role of your mother in your life, how do you mother yourself/ father yourself. Reflect on the maternal/paternal archetypes within yourself within yourself, and how you can make them work for you, not against you.

Card; Knight of Cups, Tarot of a Moon garden

Description; a knight in full armour is riding a pegasus. It´s wings are purple and the inner side of them are golden with a little blue. It has purple over it´s eye and in it´s mane. The knight has a cup in his right hand. They are flying high over the garden. The waning moon and stars seem close in the black sky.

Reading; My mother is like the knight in that she wants to help others even if it is difficult, she has a lot of energy for good work. She is idealistic and never gives up. My maternal archetype is some one who takes good care of, sets others before herself, never gets angry, is kind. The Knight of Cups is off on an adventure to do something idealistic for others; help the princess, kill the dragon. I do not live up to this, so I must find a way to get more energy.
Genna
Seer

Post by Genna »

Day 8 25.9 Greek holiday Pyanopsia - Thanksgiving for the fruits of the sun. W hat is the fruit of your past action, ripening now?

Card; 4 of Swords.

Description: Behind some high ferns and flowers, a knight lies injured. He has taken off his helmet and some of his armor. His unicorn lies by his side, and all you can see of the knight is the top of his head with golden hair and a hand he holds on the unicorn. It seems to protect him with it´s horn, and the dragon-flies/Swords can not descend on him for one of them protects him too. It is a full moon in the black sky.

(please, could someone put up a picture of this card, because I can not put it up from the computor?)
I feel all I have done this year has led to this, and I am sort of stuck. I have done all I can with my work to get going again. It lies in other hands now. But I need to do a lot with my home too. I want to get on from this respite into doing something wortwhile.
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

Genna wrote: 25 Sep 2019, 12:56 (Please,could someone show the picture of this card, because I can´t put it up on the computor?)
I can't find an image of this card online and I don't have that deck. If you could email an image to me I would be happy to put it up for you. Just a photo from your phone or computer camera would be fine.
joanmarie@cultoftarotforum.com
Genna
Seer

Post by Genna »

Thank you, it´s so nice of you to try to help me. I have a friend come over this evening,I´ll ask him about how to mail the picture to you, because I have never e-mailed pictures before. I´ve taken the photo and tried myself, but I cannot do it yet.
Thank you, Genna.
Genna
Seer

Post by Genna »

Sorry Joan Marie, my telephone didn´t work good enough to send the photo. I will try tomorrow and go to the telephoneshop and see if they can help me. Thank you for trying to help me, my friend has taught me how to do it now, if only the telphone e-mail did work, and I will learn tomorrow.
Genna
Seer

Post by Genna »

´Day 9 26.9. Holiday of Neptune - This is a card about anger and anger management. Contemplate about how you deal with negative feelings. Is there a way to transform negative energies into positive ones, making your anger pull your carriage and drive you on?

Card; 6 of Swords frpm Tarot of a Moongarden.

Description; A green and purple dragon with wings sails on the water near land. The waves look angry. Six dragonflies with backbodies like swords downwards fly over the dragon thretening to descend on him.

Reading; One method in anger management is "walk out of the situation", and I think my card illustrates that. It is better than doing or saying something stupid. I have a temper and I find it a very useful reaction, also when people are angry with me. It isn´t mature conversation, but it is better than a shouting match.
Genna
Seer

Post by Genna »

Day 10 27.9. Vendémiaire - month of the grape harvest in the French revolutionary calendar. Raise your glass to your big and small achievemments in the last year, either with wine or grape juice, and enjoy your success.

Card; The Sun from Tarot of a Moongarden.

Description; A happy yellow, orange and red sun looks down on a child on a white pegasus, who flies over a low, white stone wall into a garden of sunflowers. The sun has blue eyes. The child holds a purple flag in his right hand while his left hand holds on to his pegasus. The pegasus is white but it´s wings are rainbowcoulored underneath. The sunflowers has purple centers.

Reading; I was very surprised. It seems God liked what I´ve done even if it wasn´t much. I really didn´t expect this.
Genna
Seer

Post by Genna »

Day 11 28.9. Maha Navami - a Hindu holiday calebrating goddess Durga´s victory over a demon. Part of the celebrations is chanting. Reflect on a victory you want to win over the next three months and devise a chant for it. Write it down where you can see it and envision the joy you will feel when you reach this goal.

Card; Seven of Staffs from Tarot of a moongarden.

Description; In the garden stands seven trees, but we can only see the trunks. The tree trunk in the middle is large, three on each sides are slim. On one side of the large trunk grows purple mishrooms. It is night.

Reading; This is the king-of -the mountain card acording to Mary Greer. I have to fight to get my will, but I stard from a good position. On the other hand are my enemies many and I am alone (almost) in this fight. This will take endurance and hope.
Genna
Seer

Post by Genna »

Day 12 29.9. Rosh HaShana - beginning of the Jewish New Year. It´s a Jewish custom to send greetings and good wishes to people in your life. Use this day to focus on the people who are important to you, what you can do to strengthen your ties to them, and contact at least one person you have neglected lately.

Card; 5 of Staffs in Tarot of a Moongarden.

Description; You see 5 treetrunks in the blooming garden and they lean in different ways. It looks disharmonic, and the trees stand in a way that can´t be good for them, especially one that is nearly on the ground.

Reading; I have 4 friends since school and I have been close to them all, but right now I have had very much to do, and I have neglected my friends. I should write to them. What I have so much to do with is a conflict, so I find the card suits the situation well. There are two I have to write to, so I thank for this day and idea.

Return to “Sacred days of the Autumnal Equinox 2019”