This forum is officially closed. It will however remain online and active in a limited form for the time being.

September Three Voices Spread Sign Up

All activity for the Sept Three Voices Spread group found here.
kare
Sage

September Three Voices Spread Sign Up

Post by kare »

Hi! This group will be working with three different divination tools in one reading. I am not an expert at this by any means, but it is fun to do. The way it works here if you haven't been a part of a reading group before is that you are assigned randomly a partner to exchange readings with, which you post. After receiving your reading from your partner, you provide feedback to them in a post to the thread. If there is an odd number of participants, we will do it slightly differently.

I'd like to be flexible, and we all have different divination tools we like. For the reading, select three tools to use. I tend to use a Lenormand as the basis of the reading, then layer on tarot, and then oracle. If you like to use runes, for example, that works too. As another example, if you are more comfortable using all oracle, then choose three different oracle decks. Pendulums are welcome, but I am not super familiar with how they work, so you can adjust as needed to fit the reading.

For simplicity's sake, let's follow this layout. I will post an image below so you can get an idea of what I mean.

Center of your spread. The first divination tool you use to address the question. If you are using Lenormand, it should go here. Otherwise you can pick what you would like. Keep it simple. I would suggest a three card spread. Challenge, advice, outcome, as an example. I use a Lenormand here, and a simple three card line works. You could perhaps start with a pendulum here.

Around your center is layer two. Here, use your second divination tool. With tarot, oracle, and runes, I suggest using four positions that reveal the influences on the center reading. Each card would represent one of the four elements, and therefore address emotions/relationships for water, passion/spirit for fire, thoughts/ideals for air, things of value for earth. You can expand on the associations. I follow the suit associations in the Rider-Waite-Smith tarot system. I use tarot here.

Layer three goes around the outside. A card/rune on the right to represent the future, a card/rune on the left to represent the past. I use oracle here. You could also cast runes over the spread and see what comes out.

Let me know if you need help with anything. Truth in Story has a three voices video on YouTube which I couldn't find, but this link is another good example.

I'm excited! Hope to see you soon and thank you for participating!

Reply to this post if you would like to participate.

Partners assigned: September 10
Post reading by: September 23
Post feedback by: September 30
Attachments
Screenshot_20190820-221122.png
Rachelcat
Sage

Re: September Three Voices Spread Sign Up

Post by Rachelcat »

I'm in! I like this spread. I'm always up for using more than one deck in a reading!

I'm not very confident with Lenormand, but I'll try! And I'm not sure what oracle for past and future yet, but I'll think about it. Looking forward to it. Thanks for organizing!
Please join us in This Week's Deck!

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
kare
Sage

Post by kare »

Great! I am looking forward to it. I'm no expert either, but that is what makes this group activity so fun and useful.
Rachelcat wrote: 28 Aug 2019, 14:28 I'm in! I like this spread. I'm always up for using more than one deck in a reading!

I'm not very confident with Lenormand, but I'll try! And I'm not sure what oracle for past and future yet, but I'll think about it. Looking forward to it. Thanks for organizing!
Genna
Seer

Post by Genna »

I´m in! Thank you for organizing this group! I´m not so good on Lenormand, but I´d like to try and do my best. So fun with three decks!

Love and Light, Genna.
kare
Sage

Post by kare »

Yay! Glad you are in!
Genna wrote: 28 Aug 2019, 21:55 I´m in! Thank you for organizing this group! I´m not so good on Lenormand, but I´d like to try and do my best. So fun with three decks!

Love and Light, Genna.
dodalisque
Sage

Post by dodalisque »

I'd like to give it a try, but I'll probably use 3 different tarot decks. I'm a bit new to Lenormand.
kare
Sage

Post by kare »

That would be great. There is a lot of opportunity for variety with this spread, and I would be so interested to see if the same card appeared from different decks. Thank you for joining in!
dodalisque wrote: 06 Sep 2019, 18:15 I'd like to give it a try, but I'll probably use 3 different tarot decks. I'm a bit new to Lenormand.
SilverLining
Seer

Post by SilverLining »

I'd like to give this a try! Sign me up.
*SilverLining*
Genna
Seer

Post by Genna »

Could I use three Tarot decks too, please? I´m very new to Lenormand.
I also don´t know how to put up photographs in my post. I didn´t think of that when I joyned the sign up.

Love and Light, Genna.
kare
Sage

Post by kare »

Great! Thank you.
SilverLining wrote: 09 Sep 2019, 02:44 I'd like to give this a try! Sign me up.
kare
Sage

Post by kare »

Hi, Genna,

Please feel free to use three tarot or any other combination of three. The spread will work no matter what.

For attaching pictures, when you create a post, there is an option to attach an image at the bottom. Also, I found that it won't attach my pics because of file size, but if I crop them, sometimes it works, and if I take a picture then take a screenshot of the picture and crop that to clean up the edges, those always get attached. But we can work through that. No worries.

I hope this helps.
Genna wrote: 09 Sep 2019, 19:56 Could I use three Tarot decks too, please? I´m very new to Lenormand.
I also don´t know how to put up photographs in my post. I didn´t think of that when I joyned the sign up.

Love and Light, Genna.
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

kare wrote: 09 Sep 2019, 22:04 For attaching pictures, when you create a post, there is an option to attach an image at the bottom. Also, I found that it won't attach my pics because of file size, but if I crop them, sometimes it works, and if I take a picture then take a screenshot of the picture and crop that to clean up the edges, those always get attached. But we can work through that. No worries.
Genna wrote: 09 Sep 2019, 19:56 I also don´t know how to put up photographs in my post. I didn´t think of that when I joyned the sign up.
Hi- Just to offer a little help on attaching pics:

Here is a post I made about how to add images to your posts. It includes a short video demo.
Posting Images: A Little Help

It's true that really large file sizes won't attach and the solution kare gives works. A screenshot is a much smaller file size than a photo.
Alternatively, from my laptop, I open an image in "Preview" and select "Adjust Image Size" to make the file smaller. 500px wide is perfect.
On my phone, I use an app called "Photo and Picture Re-Sizer" that does the trick.

Modern phones take such high resolution pics these days, they are beautiful but the file sizes can be so massive that when posted online they can slow down a website. I promise once you get the hang of posting images here, it's easy. And I am always available to assist.
Button Soup Tarot, Star & Crown Oracle available @: Rabbit's Moon Tarot 💚
Genna
Seer

Post by Genna »

Thank you so much, Kare and Joan Marie, but I have really never loaded a picture on to the internet. While I´m off learning this, I think I should not be part of this reading that is so visual. I will look at the aiding links. Thank you so much. I didn´t think it through when I signed on.

Return to “09 Sept Three Voices Spread: Hosted by kare”