This forum is officially closed. It will however remain online and active in a limited form for the time being.

Sept TdM: Charlie Brown reads for Rachelcat

All activity for the Sept TdM reading group found here.
Charlie Brown
Sage

Sept TdM: Charlie Brown reads for Rachelcat

Post by Charlie Brown »

Hi Rachelcat,

How may I be of service?
I believe in Crystal Light.
Rachelcat
Sage

Re: Sept TdM: Charlie Brown reads for Rachelcat

Post by Rachelcat »

Hi! Sorry I'm late in replying.

I'm sure it's much easier to read when there's a subject or topic, so I'm going to give you one!

What focus or activity should I add to my life? I've been through some big changes, and I've focused on (and accomplished a lot with) improving myself emotionally and physically. But I just turned 60, and I'm thinking if there's something I need to accomplish in this life (more than just fixing myself up), I better get started!

I hope this isn't too woo-woo for this carto-style reading. I'm looking forward to what the cards have to say about it! Thank you for reading for me!
Please join us in This Week's Deck!

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
Charlie Brown
Sage

Post by Charlie Brown »

I look forward to doing it! No, I don't think it's too "woo-woo" at all, but I do think it's going to stretch me.

I saw that you'll be out of town for the next few days. I'll too be going Sat - Thurs so this may have to wait until after.
Charlie Brown
Sage

Post by Charlie Brown »

First off, I must apologize. I did the reading shortly after we last touched base but have since gone out of town, had to deal with a significant illness, etc. etc. and am only just now writing it up. Therefore, my delineations won't be as crisp as I usually like them to be.

The short answer is that I think you are advised to take some kind of class on financial literacy, investments, etc. But, maybe, it's just some kind of coursework on a more practical kind of topic.

What Focus or Activity Should You Add to Your Life?
Page of Cups - Temperance - 3 of Swords - 7 of Coins - Knight of Coins
P1030791.JPG

The two most distinguishing features of this line seem to be the court cards on either end and the presence of the Temperance card. Looking at the two courts, we see a change of both physical orientation and suit. I'm interpreting these as you changing direction, promoting yourself up a level, and moving forward down the path.

Looking at Temperance we see her bridging/tempering undeveloped, probably somewhat inward looking, emotions (PoC) and intellectual (swords) growth (3). 7 of Deniers indicate some kind disharmony in an area governed by the coins realms. But by having already acquired the appropriate intellectual growth of the 3S, you're ready and are following a good solution (getting that extra coin on the knight card would turn that unstable 7 into a well-structured 8.

In other words, by tempering your good-natured inexperience with intellectual growth you will become capable of moving towards solutions and stability.

More delineation: The first thing I would associate with practical intellectual growth—practical from the coins that end the line and intellectual growth from the 3 of Swords— is formal study and, in the context of looking for activities, that suggests a class.

[bFollow Up: ]What might the class be?[/b]
10 of Wands - Valet of Coins

I was getting this vibe from the original line anyways, but seeing the Page of Coins really underscored the idea of learning about money. To me, that 10 of Wands looks like a big garden wall that he's built to protect his coins. Even if we interpret 10W in a darker way, it still suggests to me that the page is learning about money's power or ways of working.

If I may, do you, like many of us (and me) have some emotional issues surrounding money? I'm getting that from the Page of Cups-3 of swords connection.

Alternatively, you could do gardening.
Rachelcat
Sage

Post by Rachelcat »

Thanks for the timely reading. I hope you’re feeling better!

I’m surprised, but I know exactly what this is about. As a matter of fact, my question to kare in the other circle is all about this issue. But I definitely came up with that before I read this!

As I mentioned, I just turned 60, and I have no more idea of retirement and Social Security than I do of flying. So learning, including classes, definitely sounds in order.

Also, I’ve been unofficially separated from my husband for almost five years, and I’m pretty sure this is saying I need to get things, financial and legal things, in order. So maybe not a class, but legal advice would be learning about what I need to do to make that happen. I have a sinking feeling that means we’re going to have to sell the house and split the proceeds, but I dread just the thought of moving from a house full of 30 years’ and three peoples’ worth of stuff, let alone fixing it up well enough to sell. So I see lots of real estate and (shudder!) home improvement learning in my future, too. I definitely need to get past this page stage I’m in and become that knight of coins!

Thank you so much for the reading. It’s definitely a wakeup call. Before I start some esoteric field of study or random charitable project, I need to get my own house in order, literally and figuratively. Unexpected but one hundred percent apropos! (I’m also a terrible gardener, and I don't see that changing any time soon. :D)
Please join us in This Week's Deck!

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
Charlie Brown
Sage

Post by Charlie Brown »

Rachelcat wrote: 20 Sep 2019, 21:51
Also, I’ve been unofficially separated from my husband for almost five years, and I’m pretty sure this is saying I need to get things, financial and legal things, in order. So maybe not a class, but legal advice would be learning about what I need to do to make that happen. I have a sinking feeling that means we’re going to have to sell the house and split the proceeds, but I dread just the thought of moving from a house full of 30 years’ and three peoples’ worth of stuff, let alone fixing it up well enough to sell. So I see lots of real estate and (shudder!) home improvement learning in my future, too. I definitely need to get past this page stage I’m in and become that knight of coins!
That makes a lot of sense with the cards, I think. It also makes that 10 of Wands feel a little more integrated into the whole of the reading. I may be 'corrupted' by RWS, but it's hard for me not to think of the 10W as a negative card. All the pressures surrounding your on this make a lot of sense.

It still sounds like some classes and new knowledge would be in order though.

I'm glad that the reading seemed to be on point for you.

Return to “09 Sept Tarot de Marseille Group: Hosted by Charlie Brown”