This forum is officially closed. It will however remain online and active in a limited form for the time being.

Sept TdM : Marigold reads for dodalisque

All activity for the Sept TdM reading group found here.
Diana
Sage

Re: Sept TdM : Marigold reads for dodalisque

Post by Diana »

dodalisque wrote: 04 Oct 2019, 22:19 But as I said, the question I chose was true in essence if not in fact, so not completely impersonal. That's my excuse anyway. I'm not going to repeat the experiment without asking permission in future, but this was fun, eh?
We had a lot of fun and I actually want to thank you for having given me this little surprise. For my first ever reading circle, this was perfect - something different and unusual. Even if I hadn't clicked that something was a bit weird and had gone along naively, it would be been quite alright too. A reading is a reading. And I've discovered a new author who I will look into. Always looking for good books to read.

And anyway, what is fiction and what is truth ? I realise that when I'm recounting certain episodes of my life, I sometimes think afterwards "no... that's not how it happened. It's either a false memory or I'm mixing up dates." And the whole history of my family on the paternal side is shrouded in half truths - not deliberate - wars and the iron curtain and exiles and other events have made certain things and people to become more like shapes in a thick fog or sometimes just mist - and most likely full of false memories too. But they have formed me, fashioned me, and they may not be always true in the historical sense, but they are true to me because it is these images and stories that fashioned my way of looking at the world, my understanding of it. These were the stories that coloured my childhood and my imagination and my dreams and nightmares.
Rumi was asked “which music sound is haram?” Rumi replied, "The sound of tablespoons playing in the pots of the rich, which are heard by the ears of the poor and hungry." (haram means forbidden)

Return to “09 Sept Tarot de Marseille Group: Hosted by Charlie Brown”