This forum is officially closed. It will however remain online and active in a limited form for the time being.

The LXXXI Quareia

The Oracle Decks with their many varied themes & styles & moods are becoming favoured by more and more lovers of cards every day. Discuss your favourite Oracle decks, where you find them and how you use them.
Raven
Seer

The LXXXI Quareia

Post by Raven »

I was wondering if anyone has had an experience with The LXXXI Quareia Magical deck. Thank you so much. :)
"Forgive those who don't know how to love you. They are teaching you how to love yourself."

"Ah, kindness, what a simple way to tell another struggling soul that there is love to be found in this world."

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy."
- Hamlet
qndynes
Sage

Re: The LXXXI Quareia

Post by qndynes »

Oh this deck is quite special. I started with Quareia doing the courses, and found out about the deck. I got a copy as soon as I could since I really felt drawn to it. I have the old copy the one with the big font script. I love this deck, it is powerful, incredibly beautiful and evocative both in how it is created, the cards and the coherence behind it and the art. I've played around with the deck for dream activation and it is amazing, perfect for stimulating dreams, for journeying, for visionary work, and more. It has quite a strong voice, direct and no nonsense.

I've had the deck for about 4 or so years now and it is an indispensable ally, friend, and magical tool.

Do you have any specific questions about the deck?
Thoughts are things, and words have wings.
Raven
Seer

Post by Raven »

qndynes wrote: 20 Mar 2020, 20:51 Oh this deck is quite special. I started with Quareia doing the courses, and found out about the deck. I got a copy as soon as I could since I really felt drawn to it. I have the old copy the one with the big font script. I love this deck, it is powerful, incredibly beautiful and evocative both in how it is created, the cards and the coherence behind it and the art. I've played around with the deck for dream activation and it is amazing, perfect for stimulating dreams, for journeying, for visionary work, and more. It has quite a strong voice, direct and no nonsense.

I've had the deck for about 4 or so years now and it is an indispensable ally, friend, and magical tool.

Thank you so much for your wonderful feedback. I love big cards and am always interested in new and different systems. You have sold me on it. I'm going to try and acquire the third edition. I understand the book is downloadable.
"Forgive those who don't know how to love you. They are teaching you how to love yourself."

"Ah, kindness, what a simple way to tell another struggling soul that there is love to be found in this world."

- Hamlet
qndynes
Sage

Post by qndynes »

Raven wrote: 20 Mar 2020, 23:13
qndynes wrote: 20 Mar 2020, 20:51 Oh this deck is quite special. I started with Quareia doing the courses, and found out about the deck. I got a copy as soon as I could since I really felt drawn to it. I have the old copy the one with the big font script. I love this deck, it is powerful, incredibly beautiful and evocative both in how it is created, the cards and the coherence behind it and the art. I've played around with the deck for dream activation and it is amazing, perfect for stimulating dreams, for journeying, for visionary work, and more. It has quite a strong voice, direct and no nonsense.

Thank you so much for your wonderful feedback. I love big cards and am always interested in new and different systems. You have sold me on it. I'm going to try and acquire the third edition. I understand the book is downloadable.
Yes the book is downloadable as a pdf and excellent. I haven't read the updated edition version of the book but I have a hardcopy of the first one and it is really good. The size of the cards really compliment their use for more diverse things, dream work, altar uses, etc.
Raven
Seer

Post by Raven »

Thank you so much. Do you know if the jumbo deck has the same lettering as the first or second edition? :smile:

- Hamlet
qndynes
Sage

Post by qndynes »

Raven wrote: 23 Mar 2020, 19:21 Thank you so much. Do you know if the jumbo deck has the same lettering as the first or second edition? :smile:
I'm not 100% sure but I believe the lettering change from the second edition onward and the proportion of the borders and the art where adjusted as well to be more cohesive.
Raven
Seer

Post by Raven »

In spite of these difficult times, I think I might not be able to resist acquiring it.

Could you speak about your own experiences with this deck? Did you do any readings with it?

Thank you. :smile:

- Hamlet
qndynes
Sage

Post by qndynes »

Raven wrote: 24 Mar 2020, 18:54 In spite of these difficult times, I think I might not be able to resist acquiring it.

Could you speak about your own experiences with this deck? Did you do any readings with it?

Of course. I love the deck! As a caveat I use it from a particular perspective, I am magically inclined, with all that entails. I mentioned dreamwork, which I feel is one of the strong qualities of the deck, I find it conducive for this type of work. For journeying to specific places in dreams or getting answers from spirits (whether guides, ancestors, etc.) regarding a query during dreams. I've used it for divining on spiritual matters, and for looking into the energetic conditions of my home, or a place. Josephine McCarthy mentions it in the guidebook and I feel this is very much true, the deck is a contacted deck, not sure how she words it, but the way I understand it is that each card refers to spirit contacts that one encounters through journeying and spiritwork. So in this sense the deck is alive, it is an extension. On a more practical note, I find the deck has a stern teacher voice, no nonsense and will not beat around the bush nor allow for coddling. Not to be too cheesy but it reminds me of Gandalf.

I've also used the deck to read for others and it has been spot on and clarifying in all cases. I would recommend the large size if you are going to use it for journeying and also if you are going to keep it mostly in your home since the image is larger, and the art is so beautiful that you want to image to be large and clear. But I do myself hope to one day have the smaller size one to carry it around with me.
Raven
Seer

Post by Raven »

qndynes wrote: 24 Mar 2020, 20:28
Raven wrote: 24 Mar 2020, 18:54 In spite of these difficult times, I think I might not be able to resist acquiring it.

Of course. I love the deck! As a caveat I use it from a particular perspective, I am magically inclined, with all that entails. I mentioned dreamwork, which I feel is one of the strong qualities of the deck, I find it conducive for this type of work. For journeying to specific places in dreams or getting answers from spirits (whether guides, ancestors, etc.) regarding a query during dreams. I've used it for divining on spiritual matters, and for looking into the energetic conditions of my home, or a place. Josephine McCarthy mentions it in the guidebook and I feel this is very much true, the deck is a contacted deck, not sure how she words it, but the way I understand it is that each card refers to spirit contacts that one encounters through journeying and spiritwork. So in this sense the deck is alive, it is an extension. On a more practical note, I find the deck has a stern teacher voice, no nonsense and will not beat around the bush nor allow for coddling. Not to be too cheesy but it reminds me of Gandalf.

I've also used the deck to read for others and it has been spot on and clarifying in all cases. I would recommend the large size if you are going to use it for journeying and also if you are going to keep it mostly in your home since the image is larger, and the art is so beautiful that you want to image to be large and clear. But I do myself hope to one day have the smaller size one to carry it around with me.
Yes, the jumbo deck is the one I would choose. When I purchase and receive it, do you think I might ask for your help?

In what way are you magically inclined, if I may ask?

Thank you so much.

- Hamlet
qndynes
Sage

Post by qndynes »

Raven wrote: 25 Mar 2020, 01:14

Yes, the jumbo deck is the one I would choose. When I purchase and receive it, do you think I might ask for your help?

Thank you so much.
Of course, feel free to message me or we can chat here on the thread, whichever.

As for magically inclined? Well, I try to avoid hard categories but I do things, I work with spirits, am part of a spiritist house, um I like to hone the art of journeying as Josephine McCarthy teaches in her Quareia course, journeying and imaginal work is very important, I work with Saints heavily, and also enchant via sigils, candle work, and/or prayers, among other things. I work mostly within a non traditional (maybe heretical) catholic line.
Raven
Seer

Post by Raven »

qndynes wrote: 25 Mar 2020, 15:20
Raven wrote: 25 Mar 2020, 01:14

Thank you so much.
Of course, feel free to message me or we can chat here on the thread, whichever.

As for magically inclined? Well, I try to avoid hard categories but I do things, I work with spirits, am part of a spiritist house, um I like to hone the art of journeying as Josephine McCarthy teaches in her Quareia course, journeying and imaginal work is very important, I work with Saints heavily, and also enchant via sigils, candle work, and/or prayers, among other things. I work mostly within a non traditional (maybe heretical) catholic line.
Very interesting, Q. (May I please call you that?) I have just ordered the jumbo deck and downloaded the PDF book. I also plan, since we're isolated at home, to take the Apprentice module of Josephine McCarthy's course. Some of what you mention is still new to me, but the deck is beautiful and I look forward to exploring it with you. Thank you so much for agreeing to chat about it here. I might start a new thread in my journal for that deck and the Apprentice module.

I can't wait to receive the deck, but it might be a while. Shipping will probably only happen towards the middle or end of April, if I'm lucky.

- Hamlet
Merrick
Sage

Post by Merrick »

The good news is that the apprentice section of Quareia does not use the Quareia deck, just the RWS, so you can still work the apprentice courses without waiting for the deck to arrive.
“You should acquire only the power of helping others. An art that does not heal is not an art.” -Alejandro Jodorowsky, in conversation with the Tarot de Marseille

Return to “All Things Oracle”