This forum is officially closed. It will however remain online and active in a limited form for the time being.

An oracle deck for little children - suggestions received with thanks

The Oracle Decks with their many varied themes & styles & moods are becoming favoured by more and more lovers of cards every day. Discuss your favourite Oracle decks, where you find them and how you use them.
Diana
Sage

An oracle deck for little children - suggestions received with thanks

Post by Diana »

I am wondering if anyone here would be able to direct me towards something I'm looking for.

I'm looking for some cards with inspirational and uplifting messages for a five year old girl. I'd like something that is gentle, not so much with everyday advice but more of an uplifting nature. Like "you are a child of the stars", or "you may feel the touch of angel wings today". And the images must be very gentle, almost fairy like. That makes one want to dream. Alternatively, the cards could be with animals if they're cute and sweet animals like bunnies. No spiders or anything like that.

Does anyone know of a deck of cards that would resemble this in any way ?
Rumi was asked “which music sound is haram?” Rumi replied, "The sound of tablespoons playing in the pots of the rich, which are heard by the ears of the poor and hungry." (haram means forbidden)
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Re: An oracle deck for little children - suggestions received with thanks

Post by Joan Marie »

Marigold wrote: 08 Jul 2019, 19:31 No spiders or anything like that.

No spiders? How about crayfish? :lol: Just joking!

I love the idea of a deck like that with little positive, dreamy messages for kids.

You might have a look at this one: Magic Neko

The description says:
The Magic Neko Deck is a regular playing card deck, with an oracle guidebook including meanings for all 54 cards. This collection of cards is full of cats and Japanese influence.

This is a playful, lighthearted deck designed for you to project additional meaning into the cards. It is biased towards self-care, adventure and learning to listen to your intuition.
The images are really sweet. The messages must be in the guidebook. I've never seen the deck in real life so I can't say for sure but it sounds nice.

I will keep looking though. There needs to be more decks for kids. I would have LOVED that when I was little.
Button Soup Tarot, Star & Crown Oracle available @: Rabbit's Moon Tarot 💚
Diana
Sage

Post by Diana »

Joan Marie wrote: 08 Jul 2019, 20:07
Marigold wrote: 08 Jul 2019, 19:31 No spiders or anything like that.

No spiders? How about crayfish? :lol: Just joking!

I love the idea of a deck like that with little positive, dreamy messages for kids.

You might have a look at this one: Magic Neko

The description says:
The Magic Neko Deck is a regular playing card deck, with an oracle guidebook including meanings for all 54 cards. This collection of cards is full of cats and Japanese influence.

This is a playful, lighthearted deck designed for you to project additional meaning into the cards. It is biased towards self-care, adventure and learning to listen to your intuition.
The images are really sweet. The messages must be in the guidebook. I've never seen the deck in real life so I can't say for sure but it sounds nice.

I will keep looking though. There needs to be more decks for kids. I would have LOVED that when I was little.
No crayfish either ! :lol:

Oh that is the most beautiful and cutest and adorable deck of cards I've ever seen. My heart is melting now. This would actually be just PERFECT for her. She's my granddaughter so I know she'll love this to bits !!!!

I saw a card from this deck in the "card for the day" thread and I went into kitten mode when I saw it. I think I started purring ! Thanks so much for reminding me about it.

She could make up her own meanings with a bit of help from me in the beginning so she gets the idea. That would be even better than a meaning from a book. And I could also use it with her for telling stories. Could be a lovely introduction to the world of cards and oracles.

But more suggestions would be gratefully received. Even if it's just so that my heart can melt a bit more and become a child's heart again, just for a little while !!!
Rumi was asked “which music sound is haram?” Rumi replied, "The sound of tablespoons playing in the pots of the rich, which are heard by the ears of the poor and hungry." (haram means forbidden)
Charlie Brown
Sage

Post by Charlie Brown »

There's The Magical Unicorns Oracle Cards by Doreen Virtue. There's even a French language edition if that helps. I let my toddler use that one. Tarot by Duck Soup also has some children's appropriate oracles including a nice teddy bear one.
I believe in Crystal Light.
Rachelcat
Sage

Post by Rachelcat »

She might like Creature Teacher: Animal Wisdom for All Ages by Scott Alexander King. They're round cards with an animal and affirmation on each card. They're written for children (but probably older than 5 I'm thinking). The animals are all friendly looking and since they're affirmations, the messages are all positive. I periodically experiment with affirmations, and I like these because they're simple.

Oh, it's out of print. The author is charging extra because of that. http://animaldreaming.com/shop/oracle-t ... her-cards/

Sorry if this was less than helpful . . .
Please join us in This Week's Deck!

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
Diana
Sage

Post by Diana »

Charlie Brown and Rachelcat :

Thanks for your contributions. The Magic Neko however it will be. I ordered it just now. Am very happy with this choice.

Oh those teddy bears are cute by Duck Soup! How can one not go ooooooooooh !!!!!

Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

Marigold wrote: 08 Jul 2019, 19:31 I'm looking for some cards with inspirational and uplifting messages for a five year old girl.
I'm not sure if this deck would qualify as "uplifting" but I find it really whimsical and adorable.

The Orphans Major Arcana Tarot.

It's sort of Halloween themed, and I know that's a really an American thing, (I would argue, the BEST American thing 🎃)
I think it has a lovely Autumn vibe and I love that the Magician has little candies floating around.
katrinka
Sage

Post by katrinka »

This would be a fine deck for a little girl, with the added bonus that it would be an introduction to cartomantic-style reading. I included links to purchase in the blog post:
"Protect your spirit, because you are in the place where spirits get eaten." - John Trudell
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zyb9mPfwNhs
katrinka
Sage

Post by katrinka »

Or you could scan illustrations from any of her favorite stories, and have personal copies printed up at makeplayingcards.com. She'd probably like that. :)
"Protect your spirit, because you are in the place where spirits get eaten." - John Trudell
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

I know you've already made your decision on this Marigold, but since this thread is here, why not continue making suggestions for kids?

I just posted a deck in the Library of Decks called Children's Tarot

It looks very sweet and very positive for young kids.
Diana
Sage

Post by Diana »

Well, my granddaughter refuses even to look at the beautiful cards of the Magic Neko. Says she's not interested in the least! Well, that's ok. At least she knows what she wants and doesn't. At present cards are not part of her universe. She's only five so I can understand that. And maybe she'll never be interested. Thanks for all the suggestions !!!
katrinka
Sage

Post by katrinka »

Joan Marie wrote: 12 Aug 2019, 16:32 I know you've already made your decision on this Marigold, but since this thread is here, why not continue making suggestions for kids?
Agree. You never know when someone else might come looking.
reall
Sage

Post by reall »

Joan Marie wrote: 12 Aug 2019, 16:32 I know you've already made your decision on this Marigold, but since this thread is here, why not continue making suggestions for kids?

I just posted a deck in the Library of Decks called Children's Tarot

It looks very sweet and very positive for young kids.
Wow! I like these! whis it's full tarot deck! :D
Rachelcat
Sage

Post by Rachelcat »

I recently received this deck and said when looking through it, "this would be good for kids." So here I am suggesting it: Affirmators! Tarot. https://knockknockstuff.com/products/af ... tarot-deck

It has cute animal illustrations that would be good for kids. I got it for the affirmations, which might be a bit cheeky for little ones, but they're in the booklet, not on the cards, so children can focus on the cute but meaningful images. A sample affirmation:
Ace of Wands: "I say YES to the divine spark that sets me ablaze, and I carpe every damn diem."

It also has a nice presentation, large cards in a hinged box with purple and gold bling with matching card backs.
Please join us in This Week's Deck!

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
Genna
Seer

Post by Genna »

Inner Child Cards has a Fairy Tale for each Major, Snow White, Little Red Ridinghood, Rapunzel etc. and all four Minor suits Wands with fairies, Winged hearts with merpeople, crystals with gnomes and Swords with children on adventures. There is a Child, Seeker, Guide and Guardian to each suit and they are also people from stories and three angels Michael and Raphael and Gabrielle are three Guardians and Gaia is the Crystal Guardian. The cards are large and look like they were painted with crayons but are very pretty. I love them.

Then there is the fairy-tale oracle by Lucy Cavendish and Jasmine Becket- Griffith and the Alice in Wonderland one also by them.There are un-packing youtube videos for those.

Love and Light, Genna
duende60
Seeker

Post by duende60 »

I was going to suggest Magic Neko, but I see someone else had the same idea. It truly is adorable. I bought one for my self, and one for my best friend, as a Christmas gift. I can't wait to give it to her! My favorite card is Nap. :-)
Diana
Sage

Post by Diana »

duende60 wrote: 08 Nov 2019, 16:20 I was going to suggest Magic Neko, but I see someone else had the same idea. It truly is adorable. I bought one for my self, and one for my best friend, as a Christmas gift. I can't wait to give it to her! My favorite card is Nap. :-)
It's sooooo cute isn't it ? Anyone whose heart doesn't melt when they see it, must have a heart of stone.
Diana
Sage

Post by Diana »

Diana wrote: 13 Aug 2019, 10:37 Well, my granddaughter refuses even to look at the beautiful cards of the Magic Neko. Says she's not interested in the least! Well, that's ok. At least she knows what she wants and doesn't. At present cards are not part of her universe. She's only five so I can understand that. And maybe she'll never be interested. Thanks for all the suggestions !!!
So today the granddaughter wanted to play with the Magic Neko. I told her that she could use them for advice if she wanted to or we could play with the suits. She decided for the advice. And figured out herself that the advice was to put an octopus on her head but she didn't think that it's a good idea!!! I told her it's maybe advice to do silly funny things that make people laugh. But she said no. She said if there's an octopus there's a reason. 😂 But it's not as silly as it sounds is it. Octopuses have lots of arms/legs - there must be some kind of lesson to learn. (The card has a cat with an octopus on its head). So we decided to play suits instead.
Charlie Brown
Sage

Post by Charlie Brown »

I imagine, in Switzerland, that those tiny octopi are hard to come by. There's a ton of Asian influence here, so one can just go to the local buffet if they want to find an octopus to put on the head. Although such behavior may be frowned upon by the establishment. To be frank, I do enjoy a little Hot Pot Octopus from time to time.
I believe in Crystal Light.

Return to “All Things Oracle”