This forum is officially closed. It will however remain online and active in a limited form for the time being.

Asian Voices in Tarot

Looking for or recently discovered an amazing spot on the web? This is the place to exchange that information:
Forum rules
Welcome!

Are you looking for a website about a special tarot or related esoteric or occult topic topic?

Have you found an amazing tarot or related esoteric or occult topic website that you want to share?

This is the place for that!

To make this section a useful resource, please pay special attention to the subject line you create so that it is clear what kind of website you are posting about.

For example "Cool Website" would be an unhelpful subject line.
😉

👉And, sorry but any off-theme or spam posts will be deleted and the user warned or banned. "Tarot or related esoteric or occult topic" is a pretty wide subject area to stay within, so if your intentions are right then everything should be fine.
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Asian Voices in Tarot

Post by Joan Marie »

Apropos of Harmony Day and today's theme for the equinox reading, I want to share a blog post from Benebell Wen.

It's a roll-call of Asian voices in tarot today.
https://benebellwen.com/2021/03/21/asian-tarot-readers/

It's an impressive and extensive list. Some I already knew, but many were new to me.

It's a great post. Have a look when you can.
Button Soup Tarot, Star & Crown Oracle available @: Rabbit's Moon Tarot 💚
Nemia
Sage

Re: Asian Voices in Tarot

Post by Nemia »

Ah, that's great. I have a sub-collection of decks created by Asian artists, I love them so much. You always find the things that interest me!!!
Nemia
Sage

Post by Nemia »

Ah, that's great. I have a sub-collection of decks created by Asian artists, I love them so much. You always find the things that interest me!!!
Mokona
Seer

Post by Mokona »

I have two decks by Asian makers, the Shadowscapes and the Dreaming Way. I'd like to have more. Also Benebell Wen's 'Holistic Tarot' was the first tarot book I owned :) I really want Susan T. Chang's books. Thank you for sharing that post!
TheLoracular
Sage

Post by TheLoracular »

I just saw this thread now. Thank you so much for posting it! There are some names there I recognize and many that I don't. Time to go check out links and show support.
Tarot is a great and sacred arcanum- its abuse is an obscenity in the inner and a folly in the outer. It is intended for quite other purposes than to determine when the tall dark man will meet the fair rich widow.”
― Jack Parsons
Nemia
Sage

Post by Nemia »

I added in the comments the Ukiyoe Tarot, the Four Heavenly Kings, and the Roots of Asia Tarot.

All my Asian decks are up right now on my tarot calendar! Baharata, Divine, Four Heavenly Kings, Star Spinner, Spirit Seeker, Roots of Asia, Dreaming Way, and Ukiyoe are the Asian tarots I have, and this group's turn is right now in Aries. Together with other decks from other cultures (Lebanese and World Spirit)

1st decan Aries 2021.jpg

I think it's wonderful that such a strong Asian input is palpable in the tarot world. Many Asians are going through troubled times right now, in their countries but also in the West because of ignorant prejudice.
JayBee
Seer

Post by JayBee »

I didn't see this one included: The Silhouettes Tarot by Masa Kuzuki. Well worth checking out. Oh...I see he's been creating others as well since I last looked several years ago.

http://www.masakuzuki.com/
Nemia
Sage

Post by Nemia »

Oh yes of course, how could I forget it? I love this deck, simply love it so much. It gives the most precise readings for emotional states, and I use it for my inner child work. It's amazing how the Silhouettes deck conveys the tough together with the gentle - and it's all accessible.

I have the 2nd edition: just look at this.

I don't read much for myself so I remember remarkable readings. The Silhouettes gave me in three cards the whole story of a friendship that had gone wrong. I'll never forget that, the reading was like the writing on the tombstone of that friendship. And all wrapped up in these lovely pictures.

I can't recommend this deck enough. Silhouettes and Dreaming Way are both in my Top Five list, both created by Asian artists, both decks of beautiful art and truthfulness.

Return to “Websites and Other Resources”