This forum is officially closed. It will however remain online and active in a limited form for the time being.

All the Cards : Button Soup Tarot

Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

All the Cards : Button Soup Tarot

Post by Joan Marie »

I do plan to create a place where all the cards in the deck will be displayed with their accompanying text in a nice way.

However, I'd like to wait until we settle on fonts and frame colours, which we should be able to do soon.

In the meanwhile, I will post all the cards together in one post, in this thread, adding them as they are submitted so that we can see them all together.

So in the next post of this thread, I will start adding the Cards as they come in.

UPDATE: That post had too many images in it and wasn't loading properly, so I have created another place where you can see all the cards.
Please use one of these 2 links.

YOU CAN ALSO SEE THEM ALL HERE

PHONE VERSION
Button Soup Tarot, Star & Crown Oracle available @: Rabbit's Moon Tarot ๐Ÿ’š
reall
Sage

Re: All the Cards : Button Soup Tarot

Post by reall »

Wow! I like steampunk vibe here! HP Lovers & World my favorite!
wonder how would it look with brass gear steampunk border? :D
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

I just had a look at these all together and I realise I'm inconsistent with my use of "the" as in The Emperor and Empress.

I'm thinking of dropping all the "the's" so, Lovers, Hierophant, Fool, Magician, etc.

What do you think?
reall
Sage

Post by reall »

Joan Marie wrote: โ†‘06 Sep 2019, 20:58 I just had a look at these all together and I realise I'm inconsistent with my use of "the" as in The Emperor and Empress.

I'm thinking of dropping all the "the's" so, Lovers, Hierophant, Fool, Magician, etc.

What do you think?
Drop it! :D Who need that anyway!? :D
btw this thread my fav! That Strength card looks Awesome!^^ lol
Diana
Sage

Post by Diana »

Yes, drop them. But if we want to give a little unique twist to the deck, something a bit "quirky", we could keep The Fool with the article. He's a very unique character this Fool. A league of his own. And Tarot enthusiasts in three thousand years will ponder and wonder (telepathically I assume by that time) as to why the fool in the Cult of Tarot Community Deck (which will be know by then as the COT-CD) is the only one with an article. Like people today have endless discussions as to why the Fool in the TdM doesn't have a number.

I'm not joking actually. I mean about keeping the article for the Fool. The rest I'm joking about (sort of).
Rumi was asked โ€œwhich music sound is haram?โ€ Rumi replied, "The sound of tablespoons playing in the pots of the rich, which are heard by the ears of the poor and hungry." (haram means forbidden)
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

Marigold wrote: โ†‘07 Sep 2019, 20:50 I'm not joking actually. I mean about keeping the article for the Fool. The rest I'm joking about (sort of).
I really do like this idea a lot. . โ˜๏ธ
attilablaga
Seeker

Post by attilablaga »

Really great job everyone! Love the vibe of it as a whole!
attilablaga
Seeker

Post by attilablaga »

Joan Marie wrote: โ†‘06 Sep 2019, 20:58 I just had a look at these all together and I realise I'm inconsistent with my use of "the" as in The Emperor and Empress.

What do you think?
Dropping the "the's" sounds refreshing. Keeping the "the" for The Fool might be a nice touch.
rylla
Seeker

Post by rylla »

attilablaga wrote: โ†‘02 Oct 2019, 18:50 Really great job everyone! Love the vibe of it as a whole!
Me too! And I love the border. Somehow it brings the cards together. Very good choice!
JulianneVictoria
Seer

Post by JulianneVictoria »

They are looking great! Personally I like the article "The" on the cards.
LindseMercury
Seeker

Post by LindseMercury »

What do you think?
I think dropping the theโ€™s would be great.

On a different note, Iโ€™m wondering if and/or when we can begin to share beyond CoT. Not the cards but to tell friends that the Button Soup Tarot will be coming to Kickstarter. Iโ€™m thrilled and grateful to be a part of this project and to see the deck take shape. Thank you thank you thank you for this amazing opportunity.
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

LindseMercury wrote: โ†‘09 Oct 2019, 13:59 On a different note, Iโ€™m wondering if and/or when we can begin to share beyond CoT. Not the cards but to tell friends that the Button Soup Tarot will be coming to Kickstarter.
What a nice message! Thank you!

I think it is never too soon to start name-dropping this deck. And I think it's okay to start mentioning the Kickstarter.

Here's the deal though, I don't think we want to run the Kickstarter too close to Christmas, and if we miss the November window, we may have to wait until after the holidays.

Ideally, if we could launch it in very early November that would probably be a good time. But I hesitate to launch it with this many cards still out. So I'm kind of waiting on the response to the email I sent out to card creators to get a feeling for if I should start putting that together.
reall
Sage

Post by reall »

Joan Marie wrote: โ†‘09 Oct 2019, 14:10 Ideally, if we could launch it in very early November that would probably be a good time. But I hesitate to launch it with this many cards still out. So I'm kind of waiting on the response to the email I sent out to card creators to get a feeling for if I should start putting that together.
imo it's best we wait it's ready to publish so JM can make us nice pics to post on ig/fb so we get uniformed share/img post if that makes sense? :D
Also agree we wish to avoid shipping November to china new year? lol But fact is whenever *art part is ready to print it still takes 30 days for ks & more so for printing then more for shipping but JM did it already so let's just start ks when it *feels best? :D
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

I think the window for launching a Kickstarter this year is going to close around mid-November.
That way it ends a bit before Christmas. Later than that and I think Kickstarters don't fare so well until after the holidays.

My Printer will help us with pics of an actual deck. She's already offered to. That way we don't have to wait for them to come to me etc.
Also, to begin with we can use the digital images that we already have.

But pics of an actual deck are definitely better for sure.

So, hopefully we see a bunch of cards come in over the next couple weeks and maybe we'll succeed in getting within that window.

We'll see what happens. ๐ŸŒผ It's all good!
Symph
Seer

Post by Symph »

I didn't know what to make of this project of yours when I first came on this forum. To me it looked way too all over the place and I was like "What a weird deck" But looking at it with a fresh set of eyes? My opinion has totally changed, and I'm not just saying that I mean it! The heiorophant card is wonderful with it's inclusivity of all religious faiths, the children in the sun card is so warm and innovative. I hadn't yet read the name of the deck, but the name sets up the theme of the deck very well so the theme IS eclectic variation with many different artists, that makes the "all over the place"ness make sense! The high priest is gorgeous, the strength card is firey and cool, I like the innocence of the fool card, the lovers gives off such a sweet energy.

I must have been in a mood when I first viewed this deck cause honestly it seems very balanced and well thought out to me now. No one energy or vibe is dominating it shares many collective voices all in one deck. I hope when it's done I can get a copy, keep it up guys!!
RivkahSmith
Seeker

Post by RivkahSmith »

Love. Love. Love love love.

Which are my favorite? IDK! I LOVE THEM ALL! This is such an amazing idea. I haven't been on the forum for a while! Something about a home-made deck just reads so well. And each art or collage style brings a different viewpoint.

One thing that really hit me was that 8 of wands! I have never seen a take on it quite like this image, and it's SO APT. I also love the collage style from the Waite-Smith, and ... just all of them. 4 of Wands, Magician, and 6 of Swords are others that stood out to me.

I actually made a collage deck (majors only) as part of an exercise (study group at Readers Studio 09!) I've always wanted to recreate something like that. Anyway... WOW. Can't wait to see the finished deck!
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

Symph wrote: โ†‘12 Oct 2019, 23:15 I hope when it's done I can get a copy, keep it up guys!!
The plan is to run kickstarter and have this deck printed.

Still waiting on 30 some cards to get turned in.

I absolutely cannot wait! I think this whole project has exceed everyone's expectations for awesomeness.
JayBee
Seer

Post by JayBee »

Good gravy wow! I am not usually a fan of collaboration decks, and the only reason I looked today is because of Joan Marie's email about the impending Kickstarter. I really wanted to cut back on deck-buying, but now I I'm afraid the enabling has begun.
Pocketjens
Seer

Post by Pocketjens »

I love the deck so far. I made the three of wands and I need to submit the information, too! The whole deck looks awaken so far. Can I help with anymore?
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

Pocketjens wrote: โ†‘28 Oct 2019, 06:08 I love the deck so far. I made the three of wands and I need to submit the information, too! The whole deck looks awaken so far. Can I help with anymore?
Thank you and I've added your name to the list--see this thread please
viewtopic.php?f=206&t=1936&p=12450#p12450

Return to โ€œButton Soup Tarotโ€