This forum is officially closed. It will however remain online and active in a limited form for the time being.

HRU, Archangel of the Tarot

A place to discuss and share your esoteric interests beyond Tarot. Please see the full description at the top of the main page.
Forum rules
Forum Description
This area is for discussions of all the esoteric practices that don't have a specific category on this forum. There are so many fascinating things that people who read tarot also engage in that enhance and enrich their lives and their cartomancy endeavours.

Please feel free to share or inquire about anything you like in regards to esoteric, divination and spiritual traditions.

If any category in this area starts to break out a bit, I will create it's own sub-forum.
Shade
Seeker

HRU, Archangel of the Tarot

Post by Shade »

I haven't personally done much with the official Golden Dawn system of initiation but a few years back I was reading Damian Echols' book High Magick and he mentioned HRU, an angel who was connected to divinatory Tarot practices.

So that perked my ears up and I began to search for more information about HRU. There are several prayers (or at least several versions of an invocation) associated with HRU by Israel Regardie, Aleister Crowley and others. I have seen HRU described as the angel of Tiphareth, as well as HRV - Heh Resh Vau. "Revealer of the Solar Wisdom."

Breaking that down a bit:
  • H, the letter of Revelation. Secrets.
  • RV is the old root meaning Yoni and hence Wheel (Fr. roue, Lat. rota, wheel) and the corresponding Semitic root means "to go".
I wondered:

Does anyone on this forum feel particularly connected to HRU? Do you invoke them prior to any Tarot readings?

Return to “Esoteric Traditions & Divination Practices”