This forum is officially closed. It will however remain online and active in a limited form for the time being.

looking for elder witches

A place to discuss and share your esoteric interests beyond Tarot. Please see the full description at the top of the main page.
Forum rules
Forum Description
This area is for discussions of all the esoteric practices that don't have a specific category on this forum. There are so many fascinating things that people who read tarot also engage in that enhance and enrich their lives and their cartomancy endeavours.

Please feel free to share or inquire about anything you like in regards to esoteric, divination and spiritual traditions.

If any category in this area starts to break out a bit, I will create it's own sub-forum.
archimedes
Sage

looking for elder witches

Post by archimedes »

Most of the witches I've come across on YouTube are very young, which is fine, and some of them seem wise for their years, but their personal style is usually a little too animated for my tired brain. Have you come across any media featuring interviews, work-alongs or other things with elder witches?
This is just my opinion. Your mileage may vary. My statement of my belief is not a criticism of your belief.
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Re: looking for elder witches

Post by Joan Marie »

archimedes wrote: 04 Sep 2019, 07:58 Have you come across any media featuring interviews, work-alongs or other things with elder witches?
Carolyn Elliot
https://badwitch.es/about-carolyn-elliott/

Giver her website a good perusal. She has a lot to offer, much of it free, some at a price, (hey even witches gotta eat).

There are a lot of really good blog posts in there. It may not all be your cup of tea, but I'll bet some of it is.

I just learned about her myself from another member here. I'm not really into the witch thing per se but I am interested in it.
Button Soup Tarot, Star & Crown Oracle available @: Rabbit's Moon Tarot 💚
archimedes
Sage

Post by archimedes »

Joan Marie wrote: 04 Sep 2019, 09:27
Carolyn Elliot

Giver her website a good perusal. She has a lot to offer, much of it free, some at a price, (hey even witches gotta eat).
Certainly a good magazine-style resource, though not quite what I had in mind. I miss the old days of Geocities and homepages. and less 7 weird things.
This is just my opinion. Your mileage may vary. My statement of my belief is not a criticism of your belief.
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

archimedes wrote: 04 Sep 2019, 11:28 Certainly a good magazine-style resource, though not quite what I had in mind. I miss the old days of Geocities and homepages. and less 7 weird things.
The thing is the titles of her articles often sound like cheesy click-bait, but are actually more substantive than they sound.

But I know what you mean. It lacks a certain old-school-witchy kind of charm.
qndynes
Sage

Post by qndynes »

archimedes wrote: 04 Sep 2019, 11:28
Joan Marie wrote: 04 Sep 2019, 09:27
Carolyn Elliot

Certainly a good magazine-style resource, though not quite what I had in mind. I miss the old days of Geocities and homepages. and less 7 weird things.
I know I've seen ladies in the youtube community that are more elder than young. Ember honey raven comes to mind. And there is also Thorn Mooney. Now as far as writers go there are more options, Gemma Gary and the folks she has worked with in her books. I have to think on this perhaps a bit more but I know there must be options out there.
Thoughts are things, and words have wings.
AstralPasta
Sage

Post by AstralPasta »

Tylluan Perry on YouTube comes to mind. I haven't watched many of her videos yet but she's very calm.
On my phone mainly so pardon the typos! Also if I seem more lucid than average, I'm probably typing on a PC. Hah!
archimedes
Sage

Post by archimedes »

qndynes wrote: 20 Sep 2019, 19:44 I know I've seen ladies in the youtube community that are more elder than young. Ember honey raven comes to mind. And there is also Thorn Mooney. Now as far as writers go there are more options, Gemma Gary and the folks she has worked with in her books. I have to think on this perhaps a bit more but I know there must be options out there.
I've just discovered Thorn Mooney. She's great, I'm a fan. Theres also a loveley Australian woman who does Tarot revuews who is very calm.

I'm guessing older witches tend to go more the print route. I was thinking about sharing my journey on youtube but really wouldn't want to subject myself to sociual media. people can be awful.
archimedes
Sage

Post by archimedes »

AstralPasta wrote: 20 Sep 2019, 21:51 Tylluan Perry on YouTube comes to mind. I haven't watched many of her videos yet but she's very calm.
thanks, I'll check her out!
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

AstralPasta wrote: 20 Sep 2019, 21:51 Tylluan Perry on YouTube comes to mind. I haven't watched many of her videos yet but she's very calm.
I just watched a couple of her videos about Mabon. She's lovely!
AstralPasta
Sage

Post by AstralPasta »

archimedes wrote: 21 Sep 2019, 00:29
thanks, I'll check her out!
Found another person called guidwife 🥳 I knew there was another. I just hadn't watched much of her stuff yet. She's very sweet and insightful and engaging, but still calming.
On my phone mainly so pardon the typos! Also if I seem more lucid than average, I'm probably typing on a PC. Hah!
archimedes
Sage

Post by archimedes »

AstralPasta wrote: 11 Oct 2019, 03:43
Found another person called guidwife 🥳 I knew there was another. I just hadn't watched much of her stuff yet. She's very sweet and insightful and engaging, but still calming.
Oh isn't she. It's like sitting across her kitchen table. Serendipitously, she is speaking on shadow work, something I was looking for ...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmDc5QN1p2A
Aoife
Sybil

Post by Aoife »

I heartily recommend Anni of The Greystone Path
https://www.youtube.com/user/MIRTHandREVERENCE/videos

Return to “Esoteric Traditions & Divination Practices”