This forum is officially closed. It will however remain online and active in a limited form for the time being.

Does anyone here use Kipper Decks?

Lenormand decks are coming into more popular use as their secrets are now being revealed and deck creators more frequently explore their unique aesthetic. Come here to discuss these ascending beauties.
BlueStar
Sage

Does anyone here use Kipper Decks?

Post by BlueStar »

I've recently come across Kipper decks which I'm interested to try out. Does anyone here use them? They're very similar to Lenormand, but different in some respects. I've watched a few tutorials of both Lenormand and Kipper online but both seem a little daunting to me compared to Tarot. I just see so many ways I could misinterpret what the cards are saying by simply stringing the meanings together incorrectly.

Nevertheless I have a set of cards on the way and have bought a book. So I'll have a go:). I'd love to hear anyone else's experiences with Kipper or tips/tricks/advice.

(I wasn't sure where to post this, hope this section is okay).
Amoroso
Sage

Re: Does anyone here use Kipper Decks?

Post by Amoroso »

I'm curious about Kipper decks too. I've heard that Lenormand readings are analytical and straightforward, while Kipper readings are even more so? I think that they'll fit my temperament.

I also espied the Gilded Reverie Lenormand and its sister deck, the Fin de Siècle Kipper, in a local store and their prices are very tempting.
Start strong
End stronger
Charlie Brown
Sage

Post by Charlie Brown »

what book did you get?
I believe in Crystal Light.
BlueStar
Sage

Post by BlueStar »

I bought the card geek book. I'm not sure how I feel about Kipper yet, I don't find them straightforward at all. I'm not sure I construct the 'story' correctly. Also I find the traditional Kipper images off-putting. I know it's not about the images, but imagery helps me connect to cards and therefore my readings. I might get along with the Fin de Siecle better, even though some of the directions and portrayals aren't quite 'traditional'. I did consider getting it first, but thought it would be best to go 'traditional' (like that's ever worked for me before.... :roll: )
Amoroso
Sage

Post by Amoroso »

Bluestar, that was the recently-released Kipper book by Toni Puhle, right? She has a YouTube channel that has some Kipper card tutorials. I've only watched a few of the introductory material and they seem interesting.
Start strong
End stronger
BlueStar
Sage

Post by BlueStar »

Hi Amoroso, yes that's the book. I've saw a few of the YouTube before buying it. I find it a bit too prescriptive (videos and book), but there is useful information there regarding card meanings. There is also a guy on YouTube as well who has written a book, has quite a few videos too, and has published various Kipper decks (can't remember his name now). Apart from these two there are not that many resources regarding Kipper as Lenormand seems to be more popular (or well known perhaps).
CharlotteK
Sage

Post by CharlotteK »

I have the Fin de Siecle but I've never used it. My Lenormand attempts have been a little tragic, I doubt I'll ever move on to a Kipper!
BlueStar
Sage

Post by BlueStar »

I decided to get the Fin de Siecle and was able to get it on same day delivery (I'm really impatient in waiting for decks:) ). I'm so glad I got them as I feel much better about these cards and find the guidebook much more useful and interesting that I expected. I love how Marcetti gives an insight into why he produced the deck and why there are some minor differences to the original Wahrsagerkarten, which I don't think is an issue.

Still got to get to grips with using them confidently though. Tarot seems so much easier!
Charlie Brown
Sage

Post by Charlie Brown »

Maybe you can post a couple of your first attempts in the "your readings' section. I'd love to see.
I believe in Crystal Light.
Grizabella
Seer

Post by Grizabella »

I have the Fin de Sciecle and the Gilded Reverie Expanded edition both, but I'm not that familiar with the Fin de Seicle. I only have the book that came with the deck to look to for help. It's helpful but I haven't really studied it at all.

I love Lenormand even though Tarot was my first love. I love Lenormand so much that I'm starting to study and use the Grand Tableau with Houses and adding crowning and other methods Rana George explains in her book. Once I get really comfy with that, I'll probably use Lenormand rather than Tarot. My website is called My Tippy Tea House because I plan to make that switch and I associate Lenormand with old fashioned tea houses. I've lived in an RV for a long time. Not the same one I'm in now, but "tippy"alludes to the fact that when you live in an RV, it moves around on its springs and you kind of feel unsteady till you get used to it.

The Kipper cards throw me because they have such different meanings from Lenormand. Maybe "different" isn't the right word. They're just so much more precise in those meanings than Lenormand. Once I've worked more with Lenormand's big spreads, then I'll move on to Kipper. Once I get the hang of Kipper, I plan to devise ways to use both Lenormand and Kipper at the same time. That's in the future a ways, though. Since I've been pro for quite a few years with Tarot and somewhat less with Lenormand, I figure it will give me a full "arsenal" of cards to do readings with all three.
This is the link to my website. Feel free to visit it: My Tippy Tea House I specialize in relationship readings but I read on all topics. I offer a wide variety of prices and offer coupons and gift certificates, so handy during the holidays. I will also barter for decks and other items.

Check out the great savings at my Christmas Super Sale.
Hugh
Seeker

Post by Hugh »

I love using the Kipper Deck but I can see where it is daunting to some for the reason that it is VERY system based and not intuitive based in the learning process. After a bit the intuition comes in but.... it is not needed all that much. The directions in the cards are extremely important if you read as I do, which is based on the Card Geeks Guide to KIpper Cards by Toni Puhle. It is the Bavarian way of reading and yes I am a bit biased towards reading that way, if you look at the book credits you will see my name by Book Edit as well as various places in the book - not bragging just being up front on my association with and loyalty to this way of reading.
So again, if you are looking to read intuitively or need to be able to relate to art (other then having it not make your eyes bleed 😃) I wouldn’t suggest reading - at least not in the manner I do.

Return to “All things Lenormand”