This forum is officially closed. It will however remain online and active in a limited form for the time being.

Feedback Request" First read with my First Deck

Lenormand decks are coming into more popular use as their secrets are now being revealed and deck creators more frequently explore their unique aesthetic. Come here to discuss these ascending beauties.
casique
Seer

Feedback Request" First read with my First Deck

Post by casique »

I got my very first Lenormand deck. I am so excited!!

I never even knew about these cards until a few days ago but I have been a long time Tarot reader and I was intrigued by the simplicity and size of these decks. I have no idea if I am reading them right but I wanted to jump right in. So I asked a question about a public figure issue going on today.

Deck: Old Style Lenormand by Alexander Ray
Context: Britney Spears court case regarding being allowed to appoint her own lawyer to represent her.
The hearing was this morning but as far as I know at this point nothing has been reported about what happened and no decision has been made that I am aware of.

Question: What will happen as a result of todays court hearing?

Letter-Man-tree-key
A doctor's report will be requested before a decision is made.

Rationale for my reading:
Letter-man-tree
report-from a man-regarding health
Key
Is the key

Did I do this right? From what I understand about these types of decks is that they are read in pairs as nouns and adjectives. The LWB said that you need to use a signifier, but I never liked using them in Tarot so I didn't do it for this either.
casique
Seer

Re: Feedback Request" First read with my First Deck

Post by casique »

Decision is in! I was wrong. She was approved to appoint her own lawyer! I am so relieved for her and for this disgusting legal mess.

As for the cards: so doing keyword searches for combinations from from Labrynthos.co (which I looked at after I posted the first message and before I saw the judgement). Letter/ combination: Communication about a male Tree/key combination releasing from a restrictive family.

So she was told she was free to hire her own lawyer (who is a male, the judge was a female) rather than one appointed by her conservatorship (which is controlled by her family).

That is RIGHT ON. I just need to learn to read these cards better. Tarot makes sense to me because I can create a master story or themes and patterns that help me with the connections. This I feel like I am just trying to word for word translate and with many options to choose from it isn't feeling intuitive. But I've only have had these cards for 3 hours, and I have been reading Tarot for 30 years so I need to be patient with myself. :lol:
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

What you are doing is a really good way to learn Lenormand.

Ask a question that there will be an answer to in the near future so you can see how you did.
Write down your predictions/interpretations and then follow up. keep a little notebook.
As you see, you can "reverse engineer" the reading once you know the outcome.
It's interesting!

Lenormand is really fun in a way but also very serious. The answers tend toward the very straightforward. My problem is often predicting catastrophe where there is only a minor inconvenience up ahead. I love Lenormand for asking about really concrete things. "Is this going to work?" "How will this turn out?"

Your first try was a good one. Tree can often stand for something that takes a long time (like for a tree to grow).

I also am not a fan of signifiers.

After you play with it some, there is an excellent book to learn to read lenormand,
Lenormand Thirty Six Cards: An Introduction to the Petit Lenormand by Andy Boroveshengra

It's pretty widely available and a real eye-opener to all the possibilities.

You'll find there are a lot of ways to go at reading a Lenormand spread.

(btw- there are some really amazing Lenny decks in our Library of Decks: https://www.cultoftarotforum.com/app.ph ... mand-decks)
Button Soup Tarot, Star & Crown Oracle available @: Rabbit's Moon Tarot 💚
casique
Seer

Post by casique »

Thank you for your reply. I need to start watching the news again so I can come up with current events related questions lol during Covid and the fiasco of our American politics I had to turn it off. Today I might have to check in on social media again and see what's trending to do readings on.

Thank you for the recommendations.

Return to “All things Lenormand”