This forum is officially closed. It will however remain online and active in a limited form for the time being.

I finally bought a Lenormand deck

Lenormand decks are coming into more popular use as their secrets are now being revealed and deck creators more frequently explore their unique aesthetic. Come here to discuss these ascending beauties.
velvetina
Seer

I finally bought a Lenormand deck

Post by velvetina »

Well, actually I bought two.

I thought it might be a pleasant way to spend the summer and I'm intrigued by the enthusiasm I see online.

I did actually have one years ago - I think it came free with a magazine? I've no memory of ever using it, I probably gave it away. I've bought one that looks the same as that, with an accompanying book by Harold Josten. It's a reproduction of an early deck, with little verses in English. (Please do forgive any mistakes I'm making here!).

The other is called 'Mystical Lenormand', with richly coloured contemporary illustrations.

There were so many to choose, I couldn't decide! I'm already wishing that I bought the one that uses Pamela Colman Smith's illustrations, or a vintage reproduction with no verse - but the one's I've chosen are lovely; I bought the reproduction one because of the illustration of fishes on the box - they look variously menacing and jovial!
Nemia
Sage

Re: I finally bought a Lenormand deck

Post by Nemia »

That's great! There are so many lovely Lenormands on the market now. I bought my first Lenormand deck maybe 15 years ago, a simple Blue Owl, and it's the only Lenormand deck I use...rarely enough... I wish you success! Did you buy a book along with the deck? Are you open for exchanges?
velvetina
Seer

Post by velvetina »

Oh I'm absolutely up for exchanges! I need the practice!

There's a book by Harold Josten, that came with the reproduction deck and I've been looking at a couple of videos on YouTube ( by Hexe Claire).

It's all very interesting.
Nemia
Sage

Post by Nemia »

Ah, I overread that, I don't know Josten but will have a look at it. I like Claire's videos (also read some of her books) but only saw those about playing cards. Off to look at her Lenormand videos.
BreathingSince72
Sage

Post by BreathingSince72 »

I just purchased the Blue Bird Lenormand and am eagerly awaiting its arrival. I believe it is the first edition but won’t know until it gets here. I loved the Victorian flavor of the art as well as the little poems on each card. I expect it to be loads of fun.
The opposite of truth is falsehood but the opposite of one profound truth may well be another profound truth.
CharlotteK
Sage

Post by CharlotteK »

I could easily get sucked into Lenormand collecting.
katrinka
Sage

Post by katrinka »

Hexe Clair does good beginner level videos.
I'd avoid the Josten book. Mary Greer one-starred it and slammed it on amazon, which is really unusual for her. Yes, it's that bad. https://amzn.to/2wkE5dt
"Protect your spirit, because you are in the place where spirits get eaten." - John Trudell
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zyb9mPfwNhs
Venus Rising
Seer

Post by Venus Rising »

katrinka wrote: 16 May 2019, 01:08 Hexe Clair does good beginner level videos.
I'd avoid the Josten book. Mary Greer one-starred it and slammed it on amazon, which is really unusual for her. Yes, it's that bad. https://amzn.to/2wkE5dt
thanks for sharing your insights and this review, @katrinka. I picked up that deck set for only a couple of dollars, but I thought I had read somewhere that it wasn't a good one. So grateful that you confirmed this. :) I remember looking through the deck and trying to figure out what some of the verses said. I thought I was misreading or it was the weird font, but they actually ARE typos :roll: I assumed it was me! lol.
"I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times"

- Bruce Lee

Return to “All things Lenormand”