This forum is officially closed. It will however remain online and active in a limited form for the time being.

Timing off

Lenormand decks are coming into more popular use as their secrets are now being revealed and deck creators more frequently explore their unique aesthetic. Come here to discuss these ascending beauties.
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Timing off

Post by Joan Marie »

The strangest thing is going on with my Lenormand readings.

I recently started keeping a little notebook and doing a reading everyday in the morning to see what the day ahead will bring with the idea that I will check at the end of the day and see how I did.

But here's the thing, my predictions have been pretty specific and at the end of the day when I check, it seems completely wrong. Nothing of the sort came to pass over the day. BUT the next day, that prediction from the day before comes true to a freaking TEE!

It's like I'm a day ahead all the time.

I don't know if I have a question here. I mean, I can easily adjust myself to using yesterday's reading for today.

Has anyone else ever experienced this "lag" in their daily readings?
Button Soup Tarot, Star & Crown Oracle available @: Rabbit's Moon Tarot 💚
Diana
Sage

Re: Timing off

Post by Diana »

I think your Lenormand is taking the day ahead literally. Because actually the day starts just after midnight.

I puzzled for months on end once to understand why in the Creation story of Genesis that the "evening and the morning were the first day" and not the "morning and the evening" which sounded more logical to my experience of day and night. Of course, the scriptural verse has a more allegorical and mystical meaning which was the one I was looking for, but it can also be taken literally.

I think you should do your reading at precisely midnight !!!

Or adjust it as you say. Which is probably more practical.
Rumi was asked “which music sound is haram?” Rumi replied, "The sound of tablespoons playing in the pots of the rich, which are heard by the ears of the poor and hungry." (haram means forbidden)
Greybeard
Seeker

Post by Greybeard »

Joan Marie wrote: 05 Feb 2020, 17:32
I recently started keeping a little notebook and doing a reading everyday in the morning to see what the day ahead will bring with the idea that I will check at the end of the day and see how I did.
New here, so hope this isn’t too far off topic, but this “what’s the day going to bring” idea is what I hope to learn to do with a Lenormand deck (just took the wrapper off my first). Is there a particular “layout” or whatever the correct terminology may be to answer this type of question?

G
Charlie Brown
Sage

Post by Charlie Brown »

Greybeard wrote: 10 Feb 2020, 02:33 New here, so hope this isn’t too far off topic, but this “what’s the day going to bring” idea is what I hope to learn to do with a Lenormand deck (just took the wrapper off my first). Is there a particular “layout” or whatever the correct terminology may be to answer this type of question?
For a daily read, I recommend a 3 card line.
I believe in Crystal Light.
Greybeard
Seeker

Post by Greybeard »

Charlie Brown wrote: 10 Feb 2020, 04:44 For a daily read, I recommend a 3 card line.
Perfect, thank you. I will look into that.
Belenus
Seer

Post by Belenus »

Greybeard wrote: 10 Feb 2020, 02:33
New here, so hope this isn’t too far off topic, but this “what’s the day going to bring” idea is what I hope to learn to do with a Lenormand deck (just took the wrapper off my first). Is there a particular “layout” or whatever the correct terminology may be to answer this type of question?

G
Hi Greybeard,

One of my favorite ways to do dailies with the "Lenny" is one I found in Bjorn Meuris' book "Petit Lenormand Encyclopedia" Volume 1. (Which btw, the 2 volumes are easily one of the best introductions, and in-depth, studies of reading Lenormand in the traditional style.) Absolutely top notch!!

On page 30 he describes this method:

1) Ask "What will happen today?" while shuffling deck well.
2) Cut deck into 2 equal piles, set them side-by-side. (Important to remember which pile was on top before the cut, because you are going to reassemble the piles in their original order before the cut after the next step!!)
3) Turn over each pile and look at the bottom cards. The combination of those 2 cards will give you the THEME for your day.
4) Reassemble deck piles in proper order!
5) Deal 3 cards from top of reassembled deck, in a row. Now turn them over.
6) That line of 3 cards, read in combination*, are the clarification for the 2 theme cards you got from cutting the deck.

* You can either read the 3 cards as a left to right sequence (1st card = noun, 2nd and 3rd cards as adjectives or verbs or adverbs modifying the Noun Card; or you can read the 3 cards as: the central card (#2) is focus card, and cards #1 and #3 modify, describe further the focus card.

I hope that this helps. It really works for me (and btw I am pretty much a beginner in Lenormand too. Started about 9 months ago.)

Belenus
"vocatus atque non vocatus deus aderit"
BlueStar
Sage

Post by BlueStar »

It sounds quite reasonable to me Joan Marie, if your question each time says "the day ahead" - my own experience with tarot is that I have to word my question very carefully and be as specific as I can, with no ambiguity, because the answers are always in repsonse to my question posed (not what I think the question might mean). I see no reason why this wouldn't be the same with Lenormand which , although I'm less experienced with, seems to be more 'direct'.

I've done more than one reading where the results didn't quite make sense till I looked at my question and found it ambigous in a way I just hadn't considered when I started the reading, and with that question in mind the reading absolutely made sense.

So perhaps it's worth considering that that is the way your process is, and work with that. It's great that you realised what was happening. It can be dishearteneing if readings 'appear' to be 'wrong', but sometimes if we analyse we find there is another reason.
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

I have re-worded the question now to include the date. :lol:

I really was asking, "what will happen in the day ahead" which as a couple people have now pointed out, could mean tomorrow!
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

Belenus wrote: 11 Feb 2020, 23:24 One of my favorite ways to do dailies with the "Lenny" is one I found in Bjorn Meuris' book "Petit Lenormand Encyclopedia" Volume 1. (Which btw, the 2 volumes are easily one of the best introductions, and in-depth, studies of reading Lenormand in the traditional style.) Absolutely top notch!!
I gave this a shot this morning. I'll let you know how it goes after I've tried it y couple of times. It really is an interesting method.

Return to “All things Lenormand”