This forum is officially closed. It will however remain online and active in a limited form for the time being.

8s in lenormand

Lenormand decks are coming into more popular use as their secrets are now being revealed and deck creators more frequently explore their unique aesthetic. Come here to discuss these ascending beauties.
HOLMES
Sybil

8s in lenormand

Post by HOLMES »

eights
one interesting self tidbit is I was born on the eight.. so one article was saying the day you were born describes the luck you are going to have..
so I went to look it up ,, and I was sadden to see how unlucky the eights are,, that their abundance comes from hard work and by their own hands.
(looking up numerology ,I click on a page,, and it tried to give me a virus, avast antivirus blocked it after I closed down the page)

balance of power, it speaks to building,, but also karma..
edited to add
the title for this number became active governor for the first part is active has to move instead of being reactive, and the governor part instead of executive for me makes more sense In being a leader,

8.the coffin
it speaks to end of life, a ending of cycle. some try to make it the transformation death card due to the same ideas.. but it is my belief in the death card,, someone must die for the transformation..
so the coffin here speaks of the ending.
with the idea of power,, and building and business.. everyone sought to stop their business from ending, for their way of life .
I remember the movie scrooge (1950s alister sim version )
"It's not just for money alone that one spends a lifetime building up a business…. It's to preserve a way of life that one knew and loved. No, I can't see my way to selling out to the new vested interests, Mr. Jorkin. I'll have to be loyal to the old ways and die out with them if needs must."
reversed
since this card means ending upright it should mean not ending right ? yet I feel that it is a ending without a new beginning due to the person grief being so big.. or the loss of the business so profound the person feels they can never start again.
edited to add
being that I see this on the spiritual level, it could be a tendency to use the old tarot rebirth instead of actual ending.
instead it is the actual lessons that all good things ends.
let's look at all the endings on tv this year,, games of thrones, big bang theory, gotham.. yet just because the series ended,, life still goes on for jon snow, Sheldon, batman, it just be that part we won't see it.
I remember watching it came upon a midnight clear and mickey rooney character was in heaven and he was trying to make a deal to the archangel to come back to earth, as he grandson will miss him for Christmas and the archangel said "this is how they learn ".

17. the stork(1 plus 7 makes 8)
it generally means deliverance from bad situations.. changes and possible birth .
well in the old life,, you were happy to have children for due to high mortality rates you strove to have a lineage carry on your business and name.
the easy lenormand says "good productive news " with productive the key word here for the business aspect of the 8.
yet looking at the karmic aspect it is said the storks steals from other birds to feed their family.
or as the old saying goes "the winner takes it all" from abba song.
reversed
we are the ones who got our food stolen by the stork ! eheh , it could means that the more karma aspect of the stork,, kind of like the survival games that give you the choice "take the food or not " if you take the food,, the other people will starve.
edited to add
mentally speaking this can the be the coldest aspect of the active governor , sometimes we must raid the others talents to make our business better..
a leader back in the day prided himself on finding the best talent, the best spots,, and having the best lineage for their offspring (good gentic material, good name ).

26. the book(2 plus 6 makes 8)
the book of secrecy and knowledge..
looking at the balance and power aspects,, the secrecy would your books for your business, , the diary of your bad doings, or good doings..
besides the obvious knowledge of learning in order to better one self.
the andy b. book says the original title for this book was grimoire.. which could indicate that it would reveal the secret of the witches,, and it was wise to hide the book in the old witch haunt days.
reversed
your secrets are revealed, or the knowledge you seek is beyond you or lost.
edited to add
here it is the emotional active governor aspect looks at how the book keeps the secrets of what everyone has done in getting to active governor ! .
course most of us think emotions , love, hope,, but there are other emotions like anger, jealously.. and mental ambition has a secret reason for why it is so ambitionious .. and that comes form the emotional book that holds his secrets.
so using knowledge is a way of knowing the foe.

35. the anchor(3 plus 5 makes 8)
it means the business or work card..
the fixed aspect of the anchor brings to mind that in the old days,, you tend to be stuck in your career,, so once you were a baker,, your children be bakers,, so it could be a throwback to the old serf , and maybe guild days.
looking at the other book, it speaks to longlasting,, which would be the shadows or opposite of the coffin with its ending..
reversed..
the anchorings are falling apart.. you need to rebuild if you want your business to last.
edited to add
on the physical level this is the active governor actually taking action.
the anchor is the application of the governing principle

Return to “All things Lenormand”