This forum is officially closed. It will however remain online and active in a limited form for the time being.

5s in lenormand

Lenormand decks are coming into more popular use as their secrets are now being revealed and deck creators more frequently explore their unique aesthetic. Come here to discuss these ascending beauties.
HOLMES
Sybil

5s in lenormand

Post by HOLMES »

fives
knowing freedom
experienced freedom, the adventuring soul who loves change..
reversed
hate stabity,, wants to experience the world at the expense of the now, the adventurer is crushed.

when you do the 4x9 grand tableu spread the 5s are in the center line, which In the book by Caitlin maththews is called the trunk, which divides the other piller into 4 sections. I am reminded of the fifth sphere of the qabalah which sits in the middle of the left piller.
if you think of freedom ,in order to have freedome, you have to fight In order to have it,,or work to have it. also the knowing aspect could mean that a person has to suffer by tasting everything to know what is good and what is bad.
it is for this reason in the 4x9 grand tablue that these 4 cards are more then the trunk ,imo at this stage of my beginning lenormand journey they are the extremes of life that must be faced for everyone.

5. the tree
the traditional linage , at first you may think these are the most conflicting energy,, and I admit when looking at the hierophant of the tarot who can he who teaches the traditions that have come before be the embodiment of change ? of adventuring ?
then you look at some of the true heirophants in history like st francis,. and you will see they were trying to experience the true soul of the creator by any means..so it is for that reason my favourite hierophant is the one from whimsical tarot,, he is frair tuck. he drank ,eat ,made merry but also was true to his god.
so while the tree means more about traditions (consider the wine makers who live and die by the tree and the grapes on the vine ).
reversed
striving to change the society to much before its time..so let the burning of the none believers start..
it could also means you are just too traditional.. it is time for the old tree to die.

edited to add
this is the spiritual level of fives , which means by exploring the spirirtual traditions of trees, (and in our spiritual journies before we incarnated it would be observing trees on other planets to see how they grow shows us they are remaining true to their selves). the tree speaks of freedom to express spirit beliefs,, and by knowing as much possible , can follow the traditions that make sense to us.
reversed
we are going to far In our search for freedom, or in our search for knowing , the quest to know can be traditions as traditins can keep us safe.. .
I think of the story in the swordsman trilogy that In that world no one would go swimming,, it is a tradition..
that tradition is bad on the river is full of piranha so you might get lucky one day,, but sooner or later you would get eaten if you swam in the river.

the book by Caitlin mattews describes this house as health, ideally we want a nice long life to grow tall, sometimes our desires to know freedom can hinder or help our health , for helping can reduce our stress, but can hinder it if we start living a carefree life style.

14.the fox (1 plus 4 makes 5)
now this is the energy of the 5,, changing,, the fox is always thinking of how to be clever more then his enemies,, how to survive by its wits,
the one book says he isn't that bad,,just different..
reversed
he is that bad,, the fox is really after your hens !
edited to add
mentally we are working on looking at truths,, to see what is lies and what is real.. we may even have to be the fox in order to get freedom.
to know a fox is to know its nature and respect it.
reversed,
we didn't respect the nature of the fox, and so he ate us like we were the trusting gingerbread man who believed his lies.

this is the house of survival apparently , how can we survive , moving away from the mental aspects a second,, imagine if the coffin landed on this house !!, to me that would be a dire warning,, that mentally we are being warned of our possible death,, so we should take care especially. and it could our desire to know, or freedom brought it upon us, hmm.

23. the mice (2 plus 3 makes 5)
we know the mice traditionally mean they are in the larders eating our food , shitting everywhere bringing sickness.
more numerology speaking,, the change you are trying to effect isn't that useful in the larger scheme of things for it has no focus.
now consider aslan sitting on the stone slab having just been sacfriced,, the mice come and eat him free..
there is some use for mice if we can just harness it..
reversed
check your larders,,you plans may be detrailed before you know it.. don't get a pet mouse !

edited to add
this is the emotional level for me,, the mice therefore are the obstacles for us knowing freedom possibly, like little things eat at us,, and eat at us,, and bring us down for we consider them to be too small to really brother freeing us from.and know next thing you know there is tons of mice eating away and living your attic like in ratouilie. conversely someone decided to study these mice and find out why there here, and what they want.
reversed.
we have waited to long to deal with these mice and now have to get a exterminator..
we have forced freedom on us,, for we have to leave while our house get fugimated.
this is true especially emotionally for how may of us leave a place due to the bad feelings associated with it.. that is due to the mice energy .

this house would speak of losses particlary, in the 5 of cups , which just came to mind, the person is focused too much on losses and not ready to move forward with the remaining cups. emotionally we all have to deal with losses, and that is what leads to drinking, overeating, seeking freedome from dwelling on emotional losses, but it keeps coming back until it is dealth with.

32. the moon (3 plus 5 makes 5)
one book talks about celebrities,, the other books talks about timing,,and being dreamy..
it does speak when you think of it of how the moon can affect change on us (for that matter the stars themselves ) ..
so perhaps the universe is attempting to change us, to get us out of our stagnant lives..
reversed,
be not like the celebrities,, be mindful of times,,for you have to adapt a larger view.

edited to add .
for me this is the physical expression of knowing freedom, the moon brings out the magic of howling at the moon ripping off our clothes and dancing under the moonlight with perhaps a coven.. (in reading on werewolfes it was said they took some stuff to make them hallunciante , so that is why they could see themselves as werewolves ).
there is something magical about seeing an musical act in the dark with lights on them.
reversed,,
it means we are letting fear of the moon keep us inside, for in the old days , really old days we had fears of vampire, witches, keeping us home..
but more likely we had fear of being robbed and killed keeping us inside, in like old lonndon.

this house is consider work, not sure what the moon itself has to deal with work in particular, i can see the time frame, and chance at celebrity and fame.. but overall work ? .
if i looked at it as the physical line, which means something has to deal with work on this level of being ,, the previous gentleman and lady deals with people, and so does lilly in some sense.. the sun deals with physical blessing..
the cross deals with suffering and faith,, the anchor about stabiility,, the fish about abundance. so i guess some card has to deal with work..
perhaps the moon could be how physically we will be well respected at work.

Return to “All things Lenormand”