This forum is officially closed. It will however remain online and active in a limited form for the time being.

Lenormand Nonsense Sentences

Lenormand decks are coming into more popular use as their secrets are now being revealed and deck creators more frequently explore their unique aesthetic. Come here to discuss these ascending beauties.
BreathingSince72
Sage

Post by BreathingSince72 »

I recently started reading “The Complete Lenormand Oracle Handbook” by Caitlin Matthews. I have enjoyed the benefits of her scholarship for a few decades now. This particular book feels different. While her scholarship and discoveries have always delighted me, I had the strongest sense that writing THIS book delighted her, like she really had fun with it. The first few pages made me want to learn Lenormand...really learn Lenormand.

In the first chapter, she shares some Lenormand nonsense sentences to help the student learn the names and order of the cards. I made up my own to go with my “Under the Roses Lenormand” and wanted to share them just for fun. If you’re new to Lenormand, like I am, you may enjoy doing the same.

The Rider picked some Clover on his way to the Ship House. (1. 2. 3. 4)

The Tree beneath the Clouds housed a Snake atop a Grave. (5. 6. 7. 8)

Bouquet cut by the Sickle, the Whip frightens the Owls. (9. 10. 11. 12)

The Child and the Fox meet a Bear beneath the Stars. (13. 14. 15. 16)

A Stork and a Dog visit the Clock Tower Garden. (17. 18. 19. 20)

At the Mountain Crossroads, the Mice find a Locket. (21. 22. 23. 24)

The Ring in the Journal sent a Letter to the Man. (25. 26. 27. 28)

The Lady carried Lilies beneath the Sun and Moon. (29. 30. 31. 32)

The Key unlocked the Fish that was Anchored to the Cross. (33. 34. 35. 36)

They are just silly little sentences but it seems like this would be valuable for learning grand tableau houses, which I believe she listed as one reason for doing this. At any rate, I’m certainly having fun with it.

What are some of your Lenormand tricks?
The opposite of truth is falsehood but the opposite of one profound truth may well be another profound truth.
Myperception
Sage

Re: Lenormand Nonsense Sentences

Post by Myperception »

Aha... Victoria, this is a good share. I am also new to Lenormand and indeed i find this is fun and useful 8-)
casique
Seer

Re: Lenormand Nonsense Sentences

Post by casique »

This is a fun idea. Is it to help you remember the order of the cards for the grand tableau? I noticed you did them in order and used the card names rather than meanings. I am still trying to learn the meanings so I am going to do something similar but with meaning keywords.

Being an English speaker I am really having trouble with the noun/descriptor order and I feel like I might be reversing them in a lot of these sentences.

Rider, Clover, Ship, House: The lucky rider sailed home
Tree, clouds, snake, coffin: Health clouded by toxins leads to death
Bouquet, scythe, whips, birds: Joy destroyed by verbal attacks
Child, fox, bear, starts: Sneaky child gets caught by parent.
Stork, Dog, Tower, garden: Trustworthy changes within a social organization
Mountain, Crossroads, mice, heart: blocked paths gnawing at the heart.
Ring, Book, Letter, man: Commitment to studies leads to publishing goals
Lady, Lilies, Sun, Moon: Wise lady feels optimistic.
Key, Fish, Anchor, Cross: Financial opportunities become your cross to bear

This was fun and very challenging!

Return to “All things Lenormand”